Player
    Character
    Shiro Terkhev
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 80

Berserk/IR level sync pain

I've never been a huge fan of level sync disabling skills and breaking our rotations, but I have to say current IR is the most annoying case. Don't get me wrong, I love latest IR change. But the fact WAR gauge management is actually harder pre-70 looks like a serious oversight to me.
    I know there are tons of ridiculous suggestions on this forum, but seeing some changes suggested here actually make it to game, I might as well try: could we please have Berserk and Inner Release effects changed around a bit?
    For example:
    Berserk gives guaranteed Direct Hits.
    Level 35 trait (new) adds removal of gauge cost.
    Level 70 trait adds guaranteed Criticals and CC immunity.

End effect is exactly the same and doing leveling roulettes and stuff would be much more enjoyable imo. (getting Deliverance at 52 is still pain, but w/e...)
    (1)
    With great deeps comes great enmity.

Player
    Character
    Saeno Abes
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 90
    I mean. At least it can spend its gauge when leveling unlike other jobs.
    (8)

Player
    Character
    Hildegarde Rosea
    World
    Lamia
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 90
    Dark Knights got it even worse until it gets Quietus, having to rely on the heavily nerfed Unleash until Abyssal Drain, and not having the MP to use that much until their 60s. Paladin has no options until their 40s, and still just doesn't really do any damage and only gets some self sustain in their 50s. Even without Berserk, Warrior would dominate leveling dungeons all the way through the game.
    I understand your point about leveling roulettes, and it is an issue, but I think most other classes have a claim for level sync usability before Warrior.
    (5)

Player
    Character
    Shiro Terkhev
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 80
    Sure, it's true other tanks have it worse. But I don't think "other things are more broken" is any argument against fixing something. Especially when we are talking about more QoL rather than end game balance changes.
    (0)
    With great deeps comes great enmity.

Player
    Character
    Mute Shellback
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Gunbreaker Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Terkhev View Post
    Sure, it's true other tanks have it worse. But I don't think "other things are more broken" is any argument against fixing something. Especially when we are talking about more QoL rather than end game balance changes.
    It is though.
    It's all about "how serious is this to deal with, and how urgent is it to address?" Papercut issue? nah, that can wait. Broken limb? yeah we gotta work on that stat.
    (3)

Character
    Apple Jinx
    World
    Ultros
    Main Class
    Dragoon Lv 80
    I am all for spamming 5* IB/FC below level 70 but that'd be too broken for synced content tbh.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Whiskey Bravo
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by WhyAmIHere View Post
    Broken limb? yeah we gotta work on that stat.
    Only if it's the War's arm. Otherwise 12 month waiting list for you buddy

@OP I've mentioned this issue a few times scattered throughout the forums. As clunky as Berserk is under level 70, War overall is still in pretty good shape for making it through. Best you can do is just try to get build as much gauge so you can get 2-3 FC or IB off depending on level. Or overpower spam. So not that big of deal really. It's a general trend that jobs get a rotation changing kind of ability at cap so nothing new there.

Quote Originally Posted by Saeno View Post
    I mean. At least it can spend its gauge when leveling unlike other jobs.
    Come now, that's only because of how the Abandon/Wrath stacks worked prior to job gauges.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Lythia Norvaine
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Ninja Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Terkhev View Post
    [...]
    This sounds reasonable. I feel like the goal of levelling should be to gradually introduce you to your actions in a way that prepares you for gameplay at max level. By this reasoning, though, it doesn't make much sense to introduce Berserk at Lv 6. As you pointed out, you'd be practising a rotation that you'd never use at higher levels. It makes more sense to introduce it after either Lv 35 or Lv 54.

It also raises a question about Inner Beast. Many people dismiss the ability by virtue of it being a dps loss in comparison to Fell Cleave, and WAR doesn't really need the extra mitigation to begin with. Why not make Fell Cleave replace Inner Beast, make it available at Lv 35, and make it available independent of stance?

If we're going to go through another ability crunch like we did at the start of this expansion, I think Fell Cleave and Decimate could easily replace their Defiance counterparts to become stance-independent.
    (0)
    Last edited by Lyth; 05-17-2018 at 01:48 AM.

Player
    Character
    Saeno Abes
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by whiskeybravo View Post
    Come now, that's only because of how the Abandon/Wrath stacks worked prior to job gauges.
    Doesn't exactly change anything though. As you said, WAR has it much better than other jobs.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Whiskey Bravo
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 90
    I don't think I said that, but PLD isn't bad either since pretty much all of their CDs are available at level 50 or earlier, much like War. Unlike DRK, however, they get 3-4 more "defensive" abilities from 50-70.
    (0)