Character
    Leon Reddas
    World
    Masamune
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 77
    Quote Originally Posted by CorbinDallas View Post
    snip .
    That still doesn't solve the Foul issue. You could have Eno active for 30secs and obtain your Foul, but even if you drop AF/UI you would still have Foul available in your stock. So let's say you have Eno has a trait, again you could get a free Foul every 30secs even if you don't do anything. Keeping up your AF/UI is part of your rotation and getting out the most damage when you have those windows open to do it. Most jobs have buffs that you would spent time keeping active to maximize DPS output, and all can be rewarded by competing their rotation, BLM is no different.
    (0)
    Last edited by Kurando; 05-14-2018 at 07:13 AM.

Player
    Character
    Jace Ossura
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Goldsmith Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Kurando View Post
    That still doesn't solve the Foul issue. You could have Eno active for 30secs and obtain your Foul, but even if you drop AF/UI you would still have Foul available in your stock. So let's say you have Eno has a trait, again you could get a free Foul every 30secs even if you don't do anything. Keeping up your AF/UI is part of your rotation and getting out the most damage when you have those windows open to do it. Most jobs have buffs that you would spent time keeping active to maximize DPS output, and all can be rewarded by competing their rotation, BLM is no different.
    No. You wouldn't gain timer without being in AF/UI. Exactly how it works now.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Viertes Oscurita
    World
    Brynhildr
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 60
    Suggested spells
    Scathe II : 300 potency. Available for 30 seconds (twice) after using Enochian.
    Focused Foul : 860 potency, single target. (not 1080 because you can still cast it every 30 seconds)

Suggested Abilities
    Critical Transpose : When Circle of Power (inside leylines) is in effect, Transpose will swap AF/UI at equivalent tier instead of only 1.
    Enhanced Umbral Hearts : Increases Critical and Direct Hit rate by 25% for each Umbral Hearts.

I also have 4th tier for AF/UI in mind (2x Fire spells and 80%+ MP regen) in mind, but it's... kinda clunky to say at least.
    (0)
    Last edited by LostLogia4; 05-15-2018 at 04:00 PM.

Player
    Character
    Timmyz Darkrider
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Ayasaki128 View Post
    Cooldown: 90 min
    Um....... 90 MINUTES??
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Leon Reddas
    World
    Masamune
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 77
    Quote Originally Posted by Kabooa View Post
    No. You wouldn't gain timer without being in AF/UI. Exactly how it works now.
    I think you are missing what I mean. At the moment you have to activate Enochian to have access to Foul, and also Fire/Bliz IV. If Enochian became a trait, essentially a player could just keep using Transpose for 30secs (during AF/UI) until they get Foul. Yes someone could do that now, but knowing Enochian could drop is one of the reasons you would rotate your actions anyway, and a trait would eliminate that punishment if it drops.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Phoenix Wing
    World
    Tonberry
    Main Class
    Black Mage Lv 70
    I think you are missing what I mean. At the moment you have to activate Enochian to have access to Foul, and also Fire/Bliz IV. If Enochian became a trait, essentially a player could just keep using Transpose for 30secs (during AF/UI) until they get Foul. Yes someone could do that now, but knowing Enochian could drop is one of the reasons you would rotate your actions anyway, and a trait would eliminate that punishment if it drops.
    That makes sense, and will also eliminate that weird 30s Enochian CD which used to be a core and made sense for HW BLMs but is now quite pointless to have because we rarely drop it anyway lol.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Jace Ossura
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Goldsmith Lv 90
    You have to be able to hit something to be in AF / UI.

Ergo you must have been in combat before you can start accruing timer. And if AF/UI drops, then you lose your timer.

What's different?
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Stouter Taru
    World
    Exodus
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Kabooa View Post
    You have to be able to hit something to be in AF / UI.

Ergo you must have been in combat before you can start accruing timer. And if AF/UI drops, then you lose your timer.

What's different?
    One less pointless button press.

It would also be nice to have F4 and B4 combined into one button.
    (1)

Character
    Korbin Dallas
    World
    Twintania
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 80
    If AF/UI drop, enochian drops. That's literally what we do now to keep our foul timer ticking away between pulls/phase transitions, we spam transpose.

Enochian, as it stands, is just fluff that only serves to punish the very very small fraction of the playerbase who can't, in a worst case scenario, press an off global every 12s. How is it being a trait, i.e. starting your foul timer as soon as you enter AF/UI, any different to pressing the button as soon as you've cast Blizzard 3?

Yes, the button press "unlocks" access to foul/f4/b4, but there's no skill or risk involved in that button press because the base mechanic of fire/ice is so forgiving. Therefore I believe that button press may as well be removed and replaced with a trait, since you lose everything anyway if you drop fire/ice, which shouldn't happen unless you die.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Sylvestre Solscribe
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 90
    I have to say I kinda like the spell animation so I'd rather have it do something new than getting rid of it xS
    (0)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast