Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Player
    Character
    I'shtola Maqa
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Dancer Lv 90
    Very good information here. I also have a question if i may, does 07S have positionals?
    05 and 06 i was told that there is not and have not been told otherwise for 07.

Edit: And knockback, i use Arm's and Feint, would Shade Shift be benificial?
    (0)
    Last edited by Maero; 05-14-2018 at 01:28 AM.

Player
    Character
    Eagle Master
    World
    Moogle
    Main Class
    Ninja Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Tsubaki75 View Post
    For a shorter single target fight you won't gain any gcd's by using fuma so use raiton for the xtra damage.
    The fight being shorter doesnt mean you're less likely to lose 1 GCD though (as it isnt really something you can plan without knowing what you are up to)

You should just use fuma no matter what to maximise uptime, a few exceptions being:
    -When you map a fight and see you can lose a bit of uptime without losing a GCD consistently,
    -You're out of melee range

You'll find yourself in situations where its better to use Raiton when playing, its mostly a matter of experience so just keep playing I guess.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Akatsubaki Dovakin
    World
    Brynhildr
    Main Class
    Reaper Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Shamox View Post
    The fight being shorter doesnt mean you're less likely to lose 1 GCD though (as it isnt really something you can plan without knowing what you are up to)
    It's not about losing 1 gcd, the fight being shorter means that you are less likely to gain a gcd by using fuma so you use raiton for the xtra damage. i'm referring to quick fights like most lower lvl dungeon bosses and early normal primals
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Eagle Master
    World
    Moogle
    Main Class
    Ninja Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Tsubaki75 View Post
    It's not about losing 1 gcd, the fight being shorter means that you are less likely to gain a gcd by using fuma so you use raiton for the xtra damage. i'm referring to quick fights like most lower lvl dungeon bosses and early normal primals
    But you're not trying to win GCDs by using Fuma, you want to lower the clipping to avoid losing one, in the end it is pretty much the same but the logic behind it is different.

Now, again, no, the fight being shorter doesnt mean it is more likely to end at a specific timing making you "Win" or "Not lose" one GCD.
    This is literally the reason you tend to Raiton only if you have a consistent killtime because otherwise it is just pure RNG and you can't just assume that using Raiton wont make you lose one GCD.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Cyrillo Rongway
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Maero View Post
    Very good information here. I also have a question if i may, does 07S have positionals?
    05 and 06 i was told that there is not and have not been told otherwise for 07.
    You can tell if an enemy has a front and rear by looking at the target circle. If there's an arrow in the front and a gap in the rear, positionals matter. If the circle is unbroken and there is no arrow, they don't matter and you'll get the bonuses no matter where you stand.
    (0)
    Error 3102 Club, Order of the 52nd Hour

Player
    Character
    I'shtola Maqa
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Dancer Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Rongway View Post
    You can tell if an enemy has a front and rear by looking at the target circle. If there's an arrow in the front and a gap in the rear, positionals matter. If the circle is unbroken and there is no arrow, they don't matter and you'll get the bonuses no matter where you stand.
    Thank you very much, i never noticed it tbh, haha
    (0)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2