Player
    Character
    Lars Ty'thaea
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    Miner Lv 31

Returning player <3

Hi guys. I recently came back from a long ass hiatus of many many years, which I guess doesn't say much since even when I did play when this game came out, I only played long enough to get to lvl 13 or so lol. I actually realized after posting this that this is the second time i've made an account, since I made this in 2016 because I lost the info to my original one lmao, then I played a b it and almost lost the info for this one too xD)

Anyways, I figured i'd drop in a hello! I'm currently on Siren server and was thinking of ways to get gil. I'm still low level and have not gotten out of Ul'dah yet for the boat ride because I love building up my professions, but of course that means I hit a gil wall real fast xD

So I was wondering, as an artist, are there any rules about selling art for in game currency? I know a lot of other games allow it, while others don't, so I thought I'd ask since I couldn't find any forums for art related topics and I didn't see anything about it in the rules.

I'd love some clarification on this ^^ Thanks in advance, and hello community <3

PS: hmm is there also a way to change your username on these forums? Or nah? XD
    (0)
    Last edited by Wanderingsketchpad; 05-08-2018 at 04:13 AM.

Player
    Character
    Eve Knight
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 90
    Welcome back!

Any exchange of real life money for in-game money is a violation of the user agreement.

Advertising in game for people to give you real life money for out of game stuff is a violation of the user agreement.

We do not have the option of changing our forum username.

So while that's a whole lot of nope for you, I do hope you enjoy the game itself! =)
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Cain Alushaun
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 78
    Once you get to level 15/16 of the main story quest missions you'll get your retainer. Selling on the market boards will open up and then its time to start making money off of real players.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Maximum Powerful
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 90
    there is no way to change your username.

And what you are suggesting is RMT, which is extremely against the TOS of this game.

I would suggest staying on one class until you hit at least 50 (or 60) then branch out so as to not spread out your gil purchases in game on too much equipment. Level crafters and gatherers and work on your retainers so they can bring back things for you to sell. Do treasure maps once you can get access to them and sell the rewards from those.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Lars Ty'thaea
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    Miner Lv 31
    Quote Originally Posted by EveK View Post
    Welcome back!

Any exchange of real life money for in-game money is a violation of the user agreement.

Advertising in game for people to give you real life money for out of game stuff is a violation of the user agreement.

We do not have the option of changing our forum username.

So while that's a whole lot of nope for you, I do hope you enjoy the game itself! =)
    Oh I'm not trying to sell real money for in game stuff. I was gonna see if I could draw people's characters for gil in return xD Not sure if that is any different?
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Lars Ty'thaea
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    Miner Lv 31
    Quote Originally Posted by CainCrimson View Post
    Once you get to level 15/16 of the main story quest missions you'll get your retainer. Selling on the market boards will open up and then its time to start making money off of real players.
    yea! I can't wait haha. I'm gonna hopefully be opening it up tonight after work
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Lars Ty'thaea
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    Miner Lv 31
    Quote Originally Posted by DrWho2010 View Post
    there is no way to change your username.

And what you are suggesting is RMT, which is extremely against the TOS of this game.

I would suggest staying on one class until you hit at least 50 (or 60) then branch out so as to not spread out your gil purchases in game on too much equipment. Level crafters and gatherers and work on your retainers so they can bring back things for you to sell. Do treasure maps once you can get access to them and sell the rewards from those.
    hmm...

it's just odd because I know a lot of artists that do commissions, though I suppose it means they do it off the game/forums? I dunno lol. Thanks for the info though! And yea, I plan to lvl black mage. I'm also curious about red mage, and if it can be a thing we can turn into xD
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Maximum Powerful
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Wanderingsketchpad View Post
    hmm...

it's just odd because I know a lot of artists that do commissions, though I suppose it means they do it off the game/forums? I dunno lol. Thanks for the info though! And yea, I plan to lvl black mage. I'm also curious about red mage, and if it can be a thing we can turn into xD
    most people do commissions outside of game for money. that's usually how it works. i don't think most people would go for art and trading gil because it's still not an in-game thing. Red Mage you can unlock at Level 50 as long as you have Stormblood purchased.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Lars Ty'thaea
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    Miner Lv 31
    Quote Originally Posted by DrWho2010 View Post
    most people do commissions outside of game for money. that's usually how it works. i don't think most people would go for art and trading gil because it's still not an in-game thing. Red Mage you can unlock at Level 50 as long as you have Stormblood purchased.
    Oh you'd be surprised I think. There is a massive market for art on this game lol. That's why I was wondering about the rules for it. I'm always seeing people commissioning art of their in game characters, especially people who roleplay or have fandoms etc. ^^ (Though tbh, i'm not sure if they are paying gil or real cash. could be both? I don't know, but if gil is not legal then I hope they aren't doing that and just going for real cash instead lol)

And oooh. Hrm. I only have the base game, but I plan to upgrade once I have the money. Guess I'll be waiting a bit to play red mage
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Frizze Steeleblaze
    World
    Lamia
    Main Class
    Black Mage Lv 90
    Even if you bought the expansion today you cant unlock red mage until you get an adventuring class to level 50. Itll be there waiting until youre ready.
    (0)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast