Player
    Character
    Miu Astrophyllite
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 70

Suggestions To Improve FCs

Hello, I had a quick search and could not find an existing thread. Please do let me know if there is one and I will shut this down.

I am a part of a terrific FC and love the people I have met there. We regularly organize activities/competitions and run pf content together. I am also aware there is merit in specific FCs which recruit for raiding or roleplaying for example. Nonetheless..

I think it would be great if SE took some time and resources to improve the state of FCs. I feel there is nothing really exclusive to FCs asides the buffs and company workshop/vehicles.

Just taking a leaf out of GW2's book, you can go on weekly bounty hunter missions to earn rewards. I understand FFXIV has a lot of limitations, I am not suggesting a complete overhaul or disregarding the good stuff that is already there.

Things I would like to see:
    FC weekly mission/challenges. Earn unique rewards.
    A FC exclusive instanced area, such as an arena or forest for challenges.
    More items available with FC credits.
    High value investments with FC credits, risk credits on a Lost Thief's Treasure Map for example.
    An addition to FC housing - a sparring chamber. Could be a smaller copy of the one currently in Wolves Den Pier.

I am aware these ideas may not feasible with SE's time and resources. Nonetheless I encourage any discussion or ideas of your own!
    (5)
    Last edited by Astrophyllite; 05-08-2018 at 01:31 AM. Reason: To consolidate posts.

2. 05-08-2018 01:02 AM

Character
    Nephthys Yamada
    World
    Adamantoise
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Astrophyllite View Post
    <snip>
    You can type a short post - and edit to bypass the char limit so you do not need to make multiple posts.

<Editing as my computer ate my post>

As to your suggestions:
    This isn't something I see SE needing to implement - not a bad idea but you can do this with a little bit of effort on your own.

Same as above - organizing your FC to get parties going for regular duties is already possible. However unique challenges are not a bad idea.

Sure I guess - depends on the items.

High value investments with FC credits, risk credits on a Lost Thief's Treasure Map for example.
    Not sure treasure maps are a good idea. Canals got nerfed from what I've observed (harder to get deeper) What high value investments?

An addition to FC housing - a sparring chamber. Could be a smaller copy of the one currently in Wolves Den Pier.
    Could make a great gil sink - why not. But not useful as PVP actions are NOT the same as actual actions.
    (1)
    Last edited by NephthysVasudan; 05-08-2018 at 01:22 AM.

Player
    Character
    Miu Astrophyllite
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by NephthysVasudan View Post
    You can type a short post - and edit to bypass the char limit so you do not need to make multiple posts.
    Thank you very much. My first time posting here, I appreciate you telling me this. It is done!
    Do you know if there is a way to quote you multiple times?

"This isn't something I see SE needing to implement - not a bad idea but you can do this with a little bit of effort on your own."
    True, they don't need to do anything, my FC will continue to run player driven events. Nonetheless I really feel it would promote guild activity.

"Same as above - organizing your FC to get parties going for regular duties is already possible. However unique challenges are not a bad idea."
    Indeed, you can run duties with anyone. I would really like guilds in this game to have some kind of duty exclusive to them.

"Sure I guess - depends on the items."
    "Not sure treasure maps are a good idea. Canals got nerfed from what I've observed (harder to get deeper) What high value investments?"

I left these two vague I apologize. Right now there is fuel and credits for the workshop, paintings and two seeds. A lot of FCs have an abundance of credits especially if they have been established for some time. If they added items which cost a high amount of credits it would give the credits themselves a bit more purpose. As for those items I had an idea that you could purchase a treasure map for a high number of credits, the investment being potential decent loot. However, I am questioning that idea now I think that would be a lot of dev work and potentially the same loot table as existing maps. Is there anything you would like to see purchasable with credits?

"An addition to FC housing - a sparring chamber. Could be a smaller copy of the one currently in Wolves Den Pier."
    A great oversight on my part, I forgot about pvp vs pve skillsets. Even with the pvp skillset this is something I would enjoy with my guildies.
    (1)
    Last edited by Astrophyllite; 05-08-2018 at 02:09 AM. Reason: Consolidating reply.

Character
    Nephthys Yamada
    World
    Adamantoise
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 80
    <snip>
    The forums engine is a total pain in the ass....by far the worst engine yet in reality...but what can you do.
    Use the quote button.

True, they don't need to do anything, my FC will continue to run player driven events. Nonetheless I really feel it would promote guild activity.
    Yeah...but don't rely on the game to do that for you. Been running teams for 20 years across multiple games. The true test is getting organized and getting members to participate.
    Indeed, you can run duties with anyone. I would really like guilds in this game to have some kind of duty exclusive to them.
    Could be a good thing...but it also sounds alot of work for SE for something that can be done already with a bit of organizational work.

I left these two vague I apologize. Right now there is fuel and credits for the workshop, paintings and two seeds. A lot of FCs have an abundance of credits especially if they have been established for some time. If they added items which cost a high amount of credits it would give the credits themselves a bit more purpose. As for those items I had an idea that you could purchase a treasure map for a high number of credits, the investment being potential decent loot. However, I am questioning that idea now I think that would be a lot of dev work and potentially the same loot table as existing maps. Is there anything you would like to see purchasable with credits?
    The problem you need to identify here is what will break the game...not what we want. Items gated by FC tasks can wreck the economy or make things too easy. Welcome to the "Balance mechanic" So any answer I give...I can't because I'm still learning the nuances of airship/sub management in my FC.

A great oversight on my part, I forgot about pvp vs pve skillsets. Even with the pvp skillset this is something I would enjoy with my guildies.
    What I'd like to see is a room where you stuff striking dummies in and enable party practice/Limit break abilities like stone sky sea (?) to practice/learn mechanics with a minimum of 2 up to 8 members.
    Good for Gpose sessions.

Not interested in PVP..but whatever.
    (0)
    Last edited by NephthysVasudan; 05-08-2018 at 02:38 AM.

Player
    Character
    Maximum Powerful
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 90
    You can already custom match pvp. You could organize two teams of 4 within your fc and challenge each other.

As for guild exclusive activities - I can't see them doing this due to the number of people that are without an FC or are just 1 man FC's.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Raige Halvor
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Gunbreaker Lv 90
    Any attention to FCs would be welcome. Like, anything that can bring value to them.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Omega Arcane
    World
    Zurvan
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 90
    Hello, I had a quick search and could not find an existing thread. Please do let me know if there is one and I will shut this down.

I am a part of a terrific FC and love the people I have met there. We regularly organize activities/competitions and run pf content together. I am also aware there is merit in specific FCs which recruit for raiding or roleplaying for example. Nonetheless..

I think it would be great if SE took some time and resources to improve the state of FCs. I feel there is nothing really exclusive to FCs asides the buffs and company workshop/vehicles.

Just taking a leaf out of GW2's book, you can go on weekly bounty hunter missions to earn rewards. I understand FFXIV has a lot of limitations, I am not suggesting a complete overhaul or disregarding the good stuff that is already there.

Things I would like to see:

I am aware these ideas may not feasible with SE's time and resources. Nonetheless I encourage any discussion or ideas of your own!

I have been wanting a FC dojo area for a long time...It'd be great to actually spar against one another without having some crazy top 100 person spam you to challenge to wipe the floor with you if you accept, let us focus on getting better without striking dummy's. We already have an instanced area for the airships, I don't see the harm in adding another floor if instanced...but I'm not making games so I don't know squat, I'm fine without it, but it would be too awesome.
    (0)

Character
    Shinigami Zetta
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Dragoon Lv 90

While most things can be made sucha s dojo's and such,

It's more of the functions.

Examples;

Remove the workshop party requirement some FC's are also solo and some FC members can't be there all the time or will not co operate.

Add and additional basement give options to expand levels, maybe one or two are reasonable prices. (just like people want to create quarters, small; 5 mill gill med; 10 mill gill, large 20mill ) up to two levels one above ground one as as a secondary basement or hidden floor.

Let us create a mini dungeon with unique rewards like materia or minions or have FC exclusive dungeons that we can take choco or squad or combat retainers.

Finally add new FC benefits such as higher drop rates to help with tedious drops that drive people batty. Maybe add 10% increase just make it need higher amount of points. and make it attempt wise rather than time base.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Omega Arcane
    World
    Zurvan
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 90
    Finally add new FC benefits such as higher drop rates to help with tedious drops that drive people batty. Maybe add 10% increase just make it need higher amount of points. and make it attempt wise rather than time base.[/QUOTE]

Woahhh, never thought about that, GREAT IDEA! I can't tell you how many times we had a few people out in the wilds mass killing stuff for mats.
    (0)
    If you need a friend, someone to talk to, or are on Zalera, feel free to add me on discord if you'd like: Omega_Arcane#6248

Character
    Shinigami Zetta
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Dragoon Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by OMega_ARcane View Post
    Finally add new FC benefits such as higher drop rates to help with tedious drops that drive people batty. Maybe add 10% increase just make it need higher amount of points. and make it attempt wise rather than time base.
    Quote Originally Posted by OMega_ARcane View Post
    Woahhh, never thought about that, GREAT IDEA! I can't tell you how many times we had a few people out in the wilds mass killing stuff for mats.
    Would be nice if they raised the amount of materials retainers can bring. 10 for 45-60 min is kind of low. Average in an hour I could of collected 30-50 -.-;
    (0)