Player
    Character
    Khiyo Flickerstep
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 70

EU player going NA possibly ?

Heya everyone, and thanks for taking the time to read this !

I have a bit of a question :

So because of work my nights and days are flipped and as such noticed that there aren't really that much people online on the EU servers that late at night.

So i made an alt to check out the NA servers and it looks like there is a lot more life there at that time of day (night).

So i'm looking for EU players that play on NA servers that can tell me if the ping is a big issue.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Lele Inoch
    World
    Zodiark
    Main Class
    Black Mage Lv 80
    Depends on your connection but many of us played on NA before EU had it's own DC and while it had slightly higher ping it was playable, even NIN even with some hickups.

Since the move to new NA datacenter I have compared EU and NA and it noticeable difference but not to the point where you think it's unplayable.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Crushing Fatigue
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 70
    I'm NA, but a fair few of my friends are from EU and I haven't heard too many complaints about lag even with the datacenter move. There's bound to be some input lag, but overall I haven't heard of anyone having too much of an issue with it if their connection was decent to begin with.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Sari Mogari
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 84
    Uk user playing on an NA server here.

It's not too bad. Sure you won't be able to double weave as effectively and you'll be hit by an AoE that you were clearly out of, but it's not like it's unplayable or anything. If anything it actually helps as a caster since you'll be able to slidecast more.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Caitlin Seraphim
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 90
    i do notice serious delay when crafting but nothing bad when doing combat
    Stuff like titan and raids where split second timing are important might be harder but not impossible
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Riko Futatabi
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Black Mage Lv 90
    From UK and I have always played on the Primal Data Center. The ping isn't so much of the issue. It's the hope that your route to the server isn't abysmal and strewn with packet loss, which unfortunately mine is. I need to use a VPN to get around the troublesome nodes at this time. This wasn't the case during early SB launch, I actually went through all of HW and SB MSQ when SB launched with an immaculate connection. But a few weeks after that they had a patch that must have changed my route or something. It's been 9 months since my connection went rapidly down hill. Been a terrible experience since then. Only recently started using a VPN, but there's still other issues at play with SE client/server.

So like I said, ping hasn't been an issue for me. Just the errors and disconnects partially due to a bad route to servers and SEs client shenanigans. I miss Canada.
    (1)