Player
    Character
    Nanita Blackbringer
    World
    Lamia
    Main Class
    Black Mage Lv 53

Flame Storage Bench

I am trying really hard to find out what is the deal with the Flame Storage bench it says on the item Issued by the Immortal Flames, this practical bench features storage space. Portraying that one can store items in it and you spend 5050 seals to find out that it doesn't actually provide any real storage space is this a feature that will be available in the future or is there a specific method of accessing the storage it states it provides and if it not intended to have or ever provide storage then maybe it should state that
    (0)

Player
    Character
    King Canadane
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 90
    It's purely cosmetic.
    (0)

http://king.canadane.com

Player
    Character
    Nanita Blackbringer
    World
    Lamia
    Main Class
    Black Mage Lv 53
    yeah i realize that but it should state that on the item because it can easily be interpreted that it provides storage when it says Issued by the Immortal Flames, this practical bench features storage space.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Dhaid Burt
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    Blacksmith Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Nanop View Post
    yeah i realize that but it should state that on the item because it can easily be interpreted that it provides storage when it says Issued by the Immortal Flames, this practical bench features storage space.
    Yeah, I gotta agree. If I read that i'd instantly buy it only to be disappointed as well. I'd say the description should be along the lines of ,"Issued by the Maelstrom, this practical bench holds standard-issue Maelstrom equipment."
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Sentinel Smith
    World
    Ultros
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 80
    I know this is old, but I just had this issue as well. This item has been in the game for over half a decade. Can we get a corrected tooltip or bring actual functionality to this item? The tooltip goes out of its way (in a way other similar items being sold from your GC do not) to tell you the item is practical and features storage space. Why? What's the point of straight up lying like that?

It's especially disappointing since in FFXI, the furniture was extremely functional and storage space was one of the most common functions. Shame this "premium" MMO Yoshi insisted on calling FFXIV for so long is missing fun, useful features that its predecessor had a decade and a half ago. Gotta save a nickel a year on storage space, I guess. Don't wow me too hard, Yoshi.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Ahnohla Mujuuk
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Xbob42 View Post
    I know this is old, but I just had this issue as well. This item has been in the game for over half a decade. Can we get a corrected tooltip or bring actual functionality to this item? The tooltip goes out of its way (in a way other similar items being sold from your GC do not) to tell you the item is practical and features storage space. Why? What's the point of straight up lying like that?

It's especially disappointing since in FFXI, the furniture was extremely functional and storage space was one of the most common functions. Shame this "premium" MMO Yoshi insisted on calling FFXIV for so long is missing fun, useful features that its predecessor had a decade and a half ago. Gotta save a nickel a year on storage space, I guess. Don't wow me too hard, Yoshi.
    While I agree it could use a better flavor text to avoid confusion... Yoshi wasn't even part of the game when it launched so it's not him "insisting" on anything and XI is not a predecessor in any way that you are trying to imply.
    (0)