Player
    Character
    Aurelie Moonsong
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 90

Looking for a screenshot of a PotD enemy character

After reading an interesting article on character 'ghosts' that appear in the Palace of the Dead (and also being just a bit obsessed with the Ishgardian characters), I'm curious about one in particular - the "necrose knight", aka Chlodebaimt de Haillenarte, who is talked about but never seen in game as he died prior to the story taking place.

So... not having come across him myself, and not particularly wanting to try a Google Images search for that enemy name, I was wondering if anybody else might have a screenshot of him? (Or maybe even try to get one, if you encounter him and it's safe to do so!)

No idea if he's even a properly designed character or they've just used a generic knight NPC, but I'd like to know, and usually even for fully-armoured knights you can see at least a little of their face through the slit in the visor. Whether anyone can get close enough to check that on an attacking enemy is another thing entirely, of course...

Anyway, thanks in advance if anyone either has a picture, or can just keep an eye out for him if you're running PotD.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Shadow Link
    World
    Mateus
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 90
    Well, wow, this is interesting. I was completely unaware of these NPCs. The only pic I found of that NPC is this one:

You can't really see much. I hope some user actually took a pic. I also found a Twitch vid showing the "Flyblown Praefectus", but not "Jaundiced Tribunus".
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Aurelie Moonsong
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 90
    Thanks for that! But no, as you said, it's not all that helpful for seeing what the character looks like...

And yes, I didn't know anything about these characters appearing until I was in there and thinking "hmmm, 'Duskwight Lancer' is a strangely specific enemy name when everything else is Palace Something and.... oh goodness. I know you."

I think I still have video saved of that encounter, actually. I could see if I can get it uploaded.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Milan Frozen
    World
    Midgardsormr
    Main Class
    Black Mage Lv 70
    I could go through my POTD footage when I get home to see if I have em. I know I seen a buncha those enemy types down there.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Milan Frozen
    World
    Midgardsormr
    Main Class
    Black Mage Lv 70
    Unfortunately I don't believe I got a screenshot of the Necrose knight. I made an imgur album real quick of the ones I do have, but some of them just suck for looking at the model. I also have footage of the cracked captain if anyone wants to see that I can upload it. That's all I got though sorry.

https://imgur.com/a/2sNIoAT
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Gael Laurant
    World
    Twintania
    Main Class
    Dragoon Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Iscah View Post
    And yes, I didn't know anything about these characters appearing until I was in there and thinking "hmmm, 'Duskwight Lancer' is a strangely specific enemy name when everything else is Palace Something and.... oh goodness. I know you."

I think I still have video saved of that encounter, actually. I could see if I can get it uploaded.
    Could you please post screenshots of his dialogue bubbles, if you have them in the video?
    I still feel bad about what happened to him. :^(

OP, I have been running POTD a lot for leveling, will see if I can find the one you're looking for!
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Aurelie Moonsong
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Hiveer View Post
    Could you please post screenshots of his dialogue bubbles, if you have them in the video?
    I still feel bad about what happened to him. :^(
    Same here - I felt like that plot was really underplayed for the emotional impact it should have had.

It seemed like he might have been on the verge of understanding at last, if only we'd had time to talk to him - or perhaps he chose to jump off that cliff rather than be defeated, only to change his mind too late.... either way a tragic villain, and one that could have had an interesting redemption arc in a different story.

Anyway I found the screenshot for you: here

Seems to be just the one quote after you defeat him, nothing during the fight. Interestingly, checking the quest script, those were more-or-less his last words alive as well.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Sanna Rosewood
    World
    Midgardsormr
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 90
    There was a thread back when PoTD came out of a list of npcs we can run into while in there. Almost any class/job npc and side story npc who has died by our hands or their own has been seen. Or at least a lot of them. It's why people wanted to know if Gaius was in there. I think recently Yoshida said that even though we find a lot characters who died of tragic/grizzly deaths in Potd that's not really limbo and that he wasn't in there. Which just puts all speculation back onto him being our white robbed accian friend. I swear if that reveal if we get one isn't up there then it'll be another tease SE has failed with. Also with HoH coming up people have wondered if we'll see more dead people or not.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Aurelie Moonsong
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by SannaR View Post
    ...he wasn't in there. Which just puts all speculation back onto him being our white robbed accian friend. I swear if that reveal if we get one isn't up there then it'll be another tease SE has failed with.
    That's a two-part speculation though.

If Gaius isn't in the Palace of the Dead, then that definitely lends weight to the possibility that he survived the events of the Praetorium and will be making a reappearance later in the story.

But that doesn't connect him to Elidibus. I don't believe there's been any direct suggestion that it's him, and there are plenty of other theories about Elidibus's true identity.

On the other hand, at a game-programming level, the majority of Garlean characters - Gaius included - have Elezen character models with modified faces, but Elidibus seems to have a Hyuran model. So unless they're going to switch that at the last moment as a surprise, I don't believe he could be Gaius (or Regula, as others have suggested).

Quote Originally Posted by SannaR View Post
    Also with HoH coming up people have wondered if we'll see more dead people or not.
    That will depend on the lore of the place, I guess! I don't think they would do it again though. (Also there are now a number of character deaths that I would be much happier to *not* encounter as trapped souls forced to fight us....)
    (0)
    Last edited by Iscah; 05-04-2018 at 09:28 PM.

Player
    Character
    Sanna Rosewood
    World
    Midgardsormr
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 90
    Elidibus appeared shortly after we beat Ultima. The Emperor knows who Elidibus is. We all know they wear "height extending boots". I mean the whole model bit is why people have gripes with the various shades in the game when they are to be fom places that are to our knowledge not highly populated by hyur or elezen. That and Garleans seem to have some of the Allagan tech that allowed Xande and them to be bigger than normal. Or they're Highlanders who are just much taller. Just look at Gotetsu; he's a hyur but obviously is bigger and taller than your average.

I do semi wish the people we do find in PotD had their actual name. There are so many that unless you get a good look at them or know them by their phrase people tend to not go ohhhhh.
    (0)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast