Player
    Character
    Ryaz Darksbane
    World
    Brynhildr
    Main Class
    Samurai Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by MicahZerrshia View Post
    30% of the bottom price of that plot, not what you paid for. So say its a 1st class plot they paid 50m for. Its not 30% of 50m they get but 30% of 24.8m which is the cost of the plot after its final devaluation. It's how they getcha. It's better just to wait out the 45 days or w/e it is and get 80% back. Stinks to go without a house for that long but if the gil is important, gotta do what you gotta do.
    Yeah, I wish it was 30% of what you actually paid. They may not have the ability to track that, but it's more fair, imo.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Kittypryde Kujata
    World
    Ultros
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 78
    I hate to say this, but I am tired of this belief that an FC has some unwritten priority over a personal on large mansions. You say that it's a douchebag move to steal a large from a FC? On that same logic, would a 100 person FC get first dibs on a large over an FC of 10 players? What's the cut off? 20? 30? What if my large houses me, my wife, daughter, and another friend? Should we all move and downgrade to a small/medium and give up our large purchase to an FC?
    It should go to whoever has the Gil and gets to the placard first.
    (8)

Player
    Character
    Jojoya Joya
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Kittypryde View Post
    I hate to say this, but I am tired of this belief that an FC has some unwritten priority over a personal on large mansions. You say that it's a douchebag move to steal a large from a FC? On that same logic, would a 100 person FC get first dibs on a large over an FC of 10 players? What's the cut off? 20? 30? What if my large houses me, my wife, daughter, and another friend? Should we all move and downgrade to a small/medium and give up our large purchase to an FC?
    It should go to whoever has the Gil and gets to the placard first.
    A FC with a large active membership needs the room. A private owner only wants the room.

But the system works the way you want so why complain?
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Kittypryde Kujata
    World
    Ultros
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 78
    So.....does a 100member FC deserve a large more than a 50member FC?
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Vidu Moriquendi
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Jojoya View Post
    A FC with a large active membership needs the room. A private owner only wants the room.

But the system works the way you want so why complain?
    In what way does a FC "need" the room?

The only "physical" limitation here that could be given some credit are the garden beds (1 vs 2 vs 3), but other than that there is no room thats actually limited - you can get as many airships, subs and personal rooms with a small one than you can get with a large. So, from a gameplay-perspective there are almost no limitations.

So it comes down to looks - because sure, 100 people in a small house might look just a little bit crowded. So you dont want that - want, not need.
    We're working with two assumptions here though:
    1) All 100 people are at the house at the same time - we can cut this down to half or even just 20 if you want, but unless you're having some sort of event at the house, that seems not to likely to me.
    2) The personal owner is actually the one and only person using their house all the time. They could very well be hosting events for a LS they're running aswell.

And even if those assumptions hold true - FC constantly having 20+ members at their house; owner being all by themself - there is no (gameplay) need for the room, only a "want" on both sides. Its a game, not real life. Our characters dont need to sleep, so its not like we'd run into trouble if we dont place enough beds in the house for everyone (and even if: you can have a bed in your personal room...).
    Its all about apperances, for both the private person and the FC.
    While I'm willing to argue that an FC has a greater "need" for owning any house in the first place (because FC-functions are locked behind it and more people are benefitting from something like the stable), the matter of the size of a house comes down to "want" for everyone.
    (12)

Player
    Character
    Alizay Eiddwen
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 80
    Could always find a open medium plot and down size again.
    (1)

Server: Balmung/Gilgamesh // Name: Siena Vedana // Main Class: Scholar

Signature made by Selli Noblesse <3 Thank you!

Player
    Character
    Sothis Caoimhe
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Reaper Lv 90
    I think the bigger issue with larges is the furnishing limit vs. just how much dang space is available. It's very hard to make spaces feel cozy or homey, since you hit the furniture limit very easily when you try to add lots of little lived-in details. I've run into this issue in both my personal large and my FC large. I can't even imagine how awful it must've been before they doubled the furniture limit.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Toki Tsuchimi
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 90
    ah, Phoenix World Problem, lol. Sorry, I couldn't resist.
    (0)
    I like helping people with their Job ideas, it's fun to help them visuallize and create the job they'd like to play most. Plus I make my own too, I'll post them eventually.

9. 05-15-2018 08:08 PM

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2