Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Player
    Character
    Hashmael Lightswain
    World
    Zalera
    Main Class
    Black Mage Lv 90
    Haha. Zoned in just now doing my usual hunt bill, and not 10 seconds in, the weather changes. I even managed to find Ultima flying around with his lasers. (although I had a pf window up in the way and missed whatever he did at the end of his flight)

So yeah. Having seen it now, and seeing that it doesn't even sync, maybe it doesn't matter so much. It doesn't feel as much like something that brings tons together. Feels like a normal A or S rank. I mean, I don't even know what, if any, mechanics there were to that fight. Definitely doesn't feel like an Odin or Coeurlregina-level fight.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Luin Vereist
    World
    Lamia
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 90
    There's a lot of problems with Prey Online.

First, Azys Lla is one of the most useless zones in the game. Nobody has any reason to be there for an extended period, except for players doing MSQ. Combined with the 5minute weather, nobody sees it.

Second, Azys Lla has 1 aetheryte. Where is that aetheryte? On literally the other side of the map of any of Prey Online's spawn points. So you have 5 minutes of travel time alone even if you know *exactly* where it is. And if you don't, then you're SOL.

Third, it's too easy to kill.

All they need to do to fix it is to put an Aetheryte on the ship in the middle of the map and make the weather last for as long as the FATE.

Quote Originally Posted by Duskane View Post
    if it had multiple rewards like a mount or barding
    even a full set of glam i would understand

but it just horns
    It's not about the reward.

And even if it was, why do they require us to do it TWICE to get the horns?

Quote Originally Posted by Culfinrandir View Post
    It's all just luck. I've never seen Ixion, for example. I've seen a lot of shouts in my chat when I've had to go AFK (so missed it) & I've also been in The Lochs when it spawned but couldn't fly quickly enough before it was zerged down. One day I'll have success.
    Ixion gets zerged down in 10 minutes, Prey Online gets zerged down in 10 seconds. Never seeing Ixion is terrible luck, never seeing Prey Online is normal.
    (0)
    Last edited by Luin; 06-17-2018 at 06:45 AM.

Player
    Character
    Aranie Crowley
    World
    Moogle
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 81
    I stil don't get why the horns are lonked to this FATE that never spawns....I mean come on SE, just make it a loot on Dun Scaith's Ultima -_-
    (1)
    Quote Originally Posted by Watachy View Post
    C'était en fait SE qui survolait Ishgard sur une liasse de billets

Quote Originally Posted by KaivaC View Post
    People don't know how to take criticism anymore, and bad play is rewarded with with a coddling mentality. Yes, this is a casual game for the most part - that doesn't mean people need to walk on eggshells in fear of getting reported for pointing out things. This whole 'please don't say anything even slightly negative' mentality that we seem to be going towards and the devs seemingly pushing towards it is creating a disturbing trend.

Player
    Character
    Pa Lin'guine
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    Blue Mage Lv 60
    The FATE will usually spawn between 15:00-20:00 ET. Hyperelectricity weather has same rate/chance as in Diadem as it is in AZys lla, with 1 difference. Diadem has umbral winds, 1 out of 5 umbral winds in diadem will be hyperelectric. Now the thing about rates is same rates will spawn at (roughly) same time, so you can watch for Umbral Winds in Sea of clouds. Edit: All 3 Zones are part of Alabathia's spine, which I assume there's a lore about umbral winds?
    (0)
    Last edited by uvuvwevwevweonyetenyevweugwemu; 07-12-2018 at 10:01 PM.

Player
    Character
    Squid Snax
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Monk Lv 70
    This is post is misleading. I am assuming that the timer on this post http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/t...-How-they-work is correct. The fate spawns after 36 hours under certain conditions which I haven't figured out. The weather does not play a factor in the spawn of this fate. I was apart of a group that killed Noctilucale this last Monday during thunder. 7/30/18 around 9:30 pm pst. Since then I decided that I would wait for the fate when I could in Azys Lla for a consecutive fight. During that time until this morning 8/3/18 I didn't see it spawn. The only time I would look for him was during thunder storms which was my mistake because Hyper-Electricity weather condition happened during fair skies today at 8:43 am pst. If you're looking for this fate I would do it the old fashion way like I did and just wait at Azys Lla til you see him. The unfortunate reality is that if you want them you need to hunt it yourself instead of getting someone to report its <pos>.

(0)
    Last edited by laughingsquid; 08-04-2018 at 03:08 AM.

Player
    Character
    Purrfet Catshirer
    World
    Malboro
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 50

year later no change?????

please wake up. with the new content coming out. this will be even more dead. WHY? cant you update some of the older content???? Make it easy to do????
    you rally miss the point...... if people cant do it it is not FUN!!!!
    I pay For THIS!! WHY CANT YOU FIX IT???
    OR I GUESS WE PAY YOU TO IGNORE US?
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Jojoya Joya
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by howyman View Post
    please wake up. with the new content coming out. this will be even more dead. WHY? cant you update some of the older content???? Make it easy to do????
    you rally miss the point...... if people cant do it it is not FUN!!!!
    I pay For THIS!! WHY CANT YOU FIX IT???
    OR I GUESS WE PAY YOU TO IGNORE US?
    It's already easy to do. Don't confuse the time commitment to camp a zone with difficulty.

It won't be any more dead next expac than it was this expac. People will continue to camp the zone watching for the FATE is they want the reward badly enough.

It doesn't need to be fixed, other than the possible exception of having the weather condition appear for the full 30 minutes like the other weather related FATEs do.

We caught Prey Online up twice this past week on Coeurl. Hunt linkshells got relays out as usual, and we had a lot of players show up including cross world players both times. Join a cross world linkshell or discord for hunts and FATEs if you don't want to camp the zone yourself. But also don't expect to get easy rewards when you're not willing to put in some effort yourself to get what you want.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Rhaya Okami
    World
    Lich
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 90
    I informed myself a lot about Prey Online and I want to camp in Azys Lla to hopefully get my horns one day.
    But I still have a question concerning the time window: all I found online it says the fate can spawn 36 hrs after it was completed the last time. I also read that after these 36hrs there is a time window of 36hrs again within the fate can spawn.
    Do someone know if this is right? Or is the time window (after the 36hrs from the last time) infinite?
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Jojoya Joya
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by ZhenyaOkami View Post
    I informed myself a lot about Prey Online and I want to camp in Azys Lla to hopefully get my horns one day.
    But I still have a question concerning the time window: all I found online it says the fate can spawn 36 hrs after it was completed the last time. I also read that after these 36hrs there is a time window of 36hrs again within the fate can spawn.
    Do someone know if this is right? Or is the time window (after the 36hrs from the last time) infinite?
    As far as I know, it's still a 36-72 hour cooldown after the last time the FATE was up. I know since I replied to howyman, we've seen the FATE up twice on Coeurl that I'm aware of.

I highly recommend joining linkshells (same world or cross world) that do FATE relays if you're still trying to get the plating to buy the horns.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Rifaran Farronhart
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 90
    now it is 2020 and still no changes, the weather should be up the entire fate and the time limit should be shortened. it IS ridiculous for how long it takes and this is old content.
    (0)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2