Player
    Character
    Lele Inoch
    World
    Zodiark
    Main Class
    Black Mage Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucke View Post
    It's not SE's problem or business what's happening in your RL. You ain't here, you don't deserve the house, sorry. And didn't SE give you something like a 90% refund on costs or somesuch? What more do you want (don't answer that, it's rhetorical)?

/meanmode off
    80% iirc but i still think it's a nice goodwill on SE end on big mother nature events like last year, though they should have some guidelines where the line is crossed as it always something going on around the world.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Yui Savage
    World
    Ultros
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 80
    It's not SE's problem or business what's happening in your RL. You ain't here, you don't deserve the house, sorry. And didn't SE give you something like a 90% refund on costs or somesuch? What more do you want (don't answer that, it's rhetorical)?

/meanmode off
    As Rinuko mentioned it's 80% of what you paid for the house that you get back if you log in during the 35 days that it's held on the vendor for you. If you can't log in during those 35 days, then you lose everything. Gil, furniture, everything. The only things I would ask for is a way to speed up the auto-demo for people that want to server transfer and for items to be held on the vendor for at least 75 days (changing the total time from 80 days to 120 days from the last time you entered the house before you lost everything).
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Sothis Caoimhe
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Reaper Lv 90
    I think the auto-demo timer is fine where it is. While I personally wouldn't mind if it was longer, I think 45 days is a perfect balance between the players who need breaks and the fact if you're not playing you really don't need a house. I've taken many a staggered month off, letting my sub lapse, and have never lost my house.

What I do think needs to be significantly longer is the period to pick up things from NPCs if your house is demolished or you're removed from a FC. Letting people recoup their items (heck, not even the gil cost - just the items) after an absence doesn't really hurt anyone. Their lot has already been made available to new homeowners, and it's not like they can easily sell all the now-bound items to other people. My FC recently had a falling out, and while many of us left and were able to take our rooms with us before things got messy, a friend who is away because of RL obligations was kicked by the FC lead and was unable to make it back in 35 days to pick up their belongings. 35 days is a really short amount of time to be able to get your things back in a situation like that, since there's no 45 day countdown prior - it's just a flat 35 days. It's not like FC rooms take limited resources from actively playing people either.
    (4)
    Last edited by Sothis; 05-15-2018 at 07:30 AM. Reason: char limit orz

Player
    Character
    Takru Haru
    World
    Exodus
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 90
    No way in hell do i support this i am trying to get rid of my plot using that 45 days so i can get some money i waisted on it 90 days is way to much + it stops them who want a house from getting one
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Rosalyn Valeroyant
    World
    Mateus
    Main Class
    Ninja Lv 80

/meanmode off
    That is a lot of pointless hostility over a very mild suggestion. Sorry for having a little empathy for my fellow gamer.

Quote Originally Posted by MiniOmegaDragon View Post
    No way in hell do i support this i am trying to get rid of my plot using that 45 days so i can get some money i waisted on it 90 days is way to much + it stops them who want a house from getting one
    They really do need to put in a way to speed up the timer, or to just sell your plot back to the ward.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Scott Pilgrim
    World
    Omega
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 90
    I think we're all forgetting that getting back 80% of the gil is supposed to be compensation for having lost your plot, it was not intended to be a way to sell your plot back to the system.

Naturally we all wait for the system to demolish the plot, myself included, but I think that's why SE haven't (and probably won't) added a way to instantly sell your plot back/get that money immediately.

Housing is one of the few gil sinks in this game, and even that was made less effective the moment the caretaker starting giving back 80% of the money. It's my personal belief that the caretaker only holds items/money for 35 days simply to try and make that gil sink more effective again. If they held it indefinitely it wouldn't really be much of a gil sink (20% being a lot less than 100%). A lot of people also buy their housing items/don't craft themselves, so in that respect I believe that furniture could also be counted in the gil sink.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Jojoya Joya
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by worldofneil View Post
    A lot of people also buy their housing items/don't craft themselves, so in that respect I believe that furniture could also be counted in the gil sink.
    A gil sink removes the gil from the world economy completely. It's not just taking it away from one character so another character gets it.

Going to a vendor and buying housing items is a gil sink. Going to the marketboard isn't (outside of the transaction fee, if any) even if the player later loses/gets rid of the item.

If housing is truly intended as a gil sink, then there should be no refund of the purchase price for any reason (relinquish, relocation or auto-demo). Since 2 of those 3 do offer a refund of sorts, it's not really intended as a gil sink. The purchase price is more of a deterrent ("do you really want to be spending your gil on this instead of something else?").

A real gil sink would be a monthly property tax. Set it at 10% of the maximum plot value and paid to the resident caretaker. The lore explanation would be the fee is to pay the expense involved in maintenance and upkeep of the shared areas in the ward (the money to pay that lala groundskeeper near the Topmast has to come from somewhere). That would actually get players thinking twice about whether or not they really want that house after all if they will be continuing to pay for it.
    (2)
    Last edited by Jojoya; 05-16-2018 at 10:07 PM. Reason: 1k

Player
    Character
    Scott Pilgrim
    World
    Omega
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Jojoya View Post
    Going to a vendor and buying housing items is a gil sink. Going to the marketboard isn't (outside of the transaction fee, if any) even if the player later loses/gets rid of the item.
    If the player loses the item (due to demolition) that they originally paid gil for, how is that not a gil sink?

Quote Originally Posted by Jojoya View Post
    If housing is truly intended as a gil sink, then there should be no refund of the purchase price for any reason (relinquish, relocation or auto-demo).
    Housing was added in 2.1 (14th December 2013) and when it came out was no demolition timer/reclamation of inactive housing. If you wanted to move house or transfer server your only option was to demolish the house and you would get back nothing of what you had paid.

Nearly two years later, housing reclamation was added in 3.1 (11th September 2015). At this point the 80% of your money came in, but it seems to me it's quite clearly compensation for having lost your house (otherwise they'd give you an option to sell to the system). I believe that's also why the caretaker only holds your items/gil for 35 days, because SE don't really want to give it back to you. To be an effective gil sink they have to never give it back, but that doesn't look very good for SE to go wiping out peoples property without giving them a chance to reclaim their items/money... hence the 35 days.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Jojoya Joya
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by worldofneil View Post
    If the player loses the item (due to demolition) that they originally paid gil for, how is that not a gil sink?
    A gil sink isn't "I no longer have the gil or the item I bought with the gil." A gil sink removes the gil from the game completely. It cannot re-enter circulation.

You might feel poorer because you personally no longer have that gil but someone out there does - unless they spent it on an actual gil sink. Aetheryte fees, MB fees, vendor items purchased with gil from the vendor - those are all gil sinks because that gil is removed from the game.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Scott Pilgrim
    World
    Omega
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 90
    Ah yes, sorry I forgot it's being recirculated. Thank you for your reply!
    (2)

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast