Thread: Materia Syncing

Character
    Lilila Lila
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Machinist Lv 80

Materia Syncing

Something that's always annoyed me is how item level sync nulls materia. I guess it wasn't as much of an issue before when grade 5 was the norm and ~12 stat was the average you got per.

But now grade 6 is the norm and we can lose hundreds of stats just by being synched down even if our actual level hasn't dropped.

I get why if actual level is dropped you'd want to null materia, but would it be possible to set it up so that alone is the case?
    (17)

Player
    Character
    Ferth Fontaine
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 70
    As a tank it's even worse. We lose 125 strength on top of all the tertiary stats.
    (4)

Character
    Lilila Lila
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Machinist Lv 80
    I'm bumping this thread, hoping to get some attention. Especially for things like Ultimate Coil of Bahamut, and soon The Weapon's Refrain, materia syncing is annoying and unnecessary. If needed, the materia itself can be synced to the maximum materia for that level range (if you go to a lv60 dungeon/raid, your materia is synced to grade 5 for instance).
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Raldo Volca
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 80
    It's extra dumb when you realize that the Eureka gear (with its 5 guaranteed materia slots) are all useless in Eureka due to its level cap.

Dear SE: Maybe don't do that for the next Eureka zone?
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Remedi Maxwell
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    Goldsmith Lv 90
    The whole materia system needs a rework imho, especially the overmelds
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Lala Yuki
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 70
    As a tank main, I dont even queue as tank for any synced content due to this. You lose so much damage, it makes dps tanking hard, and even keeping aggro(w.o spamming aggro combo) much more frustrating.
    (2)
    http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/character/12116351/

Player
    Character
    Remedi Maxwell
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    Goldsmith Lv 90
    Now that I think about it, wasn't the null materia added in a time when raid gear had no materias in it? They should remove this rule symply because times have changed imho (well personally remove ilvl synch from content that is not ultimate but I digress)
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Tenebria Miku
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 90
    technically speaking if your gear is getting synced you already outgear the content to such a massive extent that the materia shouldn't matter.

with the exceptions being eureka, where your element board matters like 1000% more than your gear
    and ultimate which is designed for the super hardcore to begin with and oddly enough you can still push a little past the intended by using swallows compass gear to gain an extra 5 item levels while keeping materia functional
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Rabbit Ackerman
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Blue Mage Lv 80
    We should really have materia that serves much broader purposes than stats. What if Esuna and Protect were Materia? And then I'd remove stat materia generally speaking.
    (1)