Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

The Feast - 4.3 Updates!

Hello everyone,

How's Season 7 going? We hope everyone is having fun climbing the ladder!

As you may know, we have received a lot of feedback from many of you after Patch 4.2, and devs are currently hard at work! - Thanks again for that!

Patch 4.3 will bring quite a few changes, so let me introduce a few of them today

PvP Teams Custom Games

PvP Teams custom games will be available! Team names and crests will also be visible in the UI and the background.
    It will also be possible to invite other PvP Teams to spectate the game.

Map & Rules Adjustments

Several adjustments/improvements to the map and the rules are currently being worked on based on the feedback received! We will share more details at a later date, but we would like to let you know that we are also attempting to address the situation when a team is kiting until time runs out when leading the game towards the end.

Season 7 Reward

You already had a glimpse of it on the devblog from Zhexos or on the Feast rewards page, but here is the first official look at the Season 7 reward for all top 100 players!

Click image for larger version

Name:	S7_Reward.png
Views:	2990
Size:	647.1 KB
ID:	5313

=====

What is it that you are looking forward to the most in The Feast 4.3?

May the Feast be with you all~
    (7)
    Clément "Kaposhipi" Ruggeri - FFXIV EU Community Team

Player
    Character
    Bubble'gum Blue
    World
    Masamune
    Main Class
    Dragoon Lv 53
    Thanks Kaposhipi! ^_^

I didn't know about the kiting issue. O.o *Queues Ranked Feast, planning to LB during Culling Time, grab the medals, then kite until the end of the match.*

LOL XD JK!

Really tho, thanks for taking our feedback!
    (1)
    Last edited by Astrophysx; 04-26-2018 at 11:15 PM. Reason: Forgot to add JK, I was kidding!

Player
    Character
    Fayie Elphis
    World
    Mateus
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 90
    The kiting wouldn't be such an issue if Light Medals didn't exist.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Aqua Rain
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Fayie View Post
    The kiting wouldn't be such an issue if Light Medals didn't exist.
    What do light medals have to do with kiting at the end of the game though? You would still be at a disadvantage because of Heavy medals. Also, kiting was already a thing back in the old maps; in Liechenweed and specially in the Feasting Grounds. It was even more common in the old Heavensward PvP.

@Kaposhipi Thank you so much for the info! Can't wait to see what the changes to the map/rules \o/
    (4)
    Last edited by Aqua_; 04-27-2018 at 12:42 AM.

Player
    Character
    Hex Pathcrosser
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Dragoon Lv 72
    I'm most looking forward to the map changes (my one good retina appreciates not being seared by the bright blue background) and continuing to hoard my collars like a crotchety old woman.
    (1)
    "We want bunny suits for guys!" -- OK! ✅
    "We want Ishgard housing!" -- OK! ✅
    "We want Viera!" -- OK! ✅
    "We want Cloud's motorcycle!" -- OK! ✅
    "We want Blue Mage!"-- OK! ✅
    "We want the ability to earn past Feast rewards!" - HAHA no that's sacred.

Player
    Character
    Fever Pitch
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    Miner Lv 90
    Thank you very much for the update! Glad to see the kiting issue is being addressed. Looking forward to more content for PvP Teams!
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Olli Sr
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 70
    I don't think kiting is a problem in itself. Like Aqua said already, kiting was a thing back then too. The problem is called "Light Medals" 'cause it benefits the losing team while they are already at an advantage since the other team has vulnerability.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Owa Owa
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    Ninja Lv 90
    I don't think S8 will get much interest if you don't fix S7 issues or actually address feedback whilst pre-season is active (and proactively implement changes during it, not after). People kite at the end because it's hard to stay ahead due to light medals, if you dominate you're at a disadvantage. Remove light medals and it'll be less of an issue, because the better team will probably win earlier anyway. I can't think of how you'd fix it either, if you do something stupid like throw everyone in the middle of the map and restrict the fight zone for the last minute that's going to seriously annoy people, especially in conjugation with light medals. By addressing the situation I hope it's more why we do it than actually thinking this is the problem with feast (which would furthermore show how little you actually understand your own game). People are sitting again because it isn't worth the effort and customs are now more fun than ranked.

You're also still extremely quiet about Light Party, which was hyped so much and then mysteriously vanished.

Quote Originally Posted by Aqua_ View Post
    What do light medals have to do with kiting at the end of the game though? You would still be at a disadvantage because of Heavy medals. Also, kiting was already a thing back in the old maps; in Liechenweed and specially in the Feasting Grounds. It was even more common in the old Heavensward PvP.
    Aqua you know better than this. It's hard to kill the game against light medals, so you kite. Because if you don't and actually try to fight back it only takes one cc chain on your healer or misposition and all of a sudden the game is 17 medals in their favour, bearing in mind all of you will take far more damage than they will, so you'll get smoked by a Lloydbreak in culling or something. I know we've always done it even before light medals, but it's just common sense to play defensive rather than risk a throw.
    (3)
    Last edited by BloodRubyXII; 04-27-2018 at 01:37 AM.

Player
    Character
    Acha Acha
    World
    Lamia
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 76
    Map changes are good.

Light medals haven’t been addressed though... they need to go.

Why is the mount not a hellhound theme? Those colors are... lol...
    Black and red chair would have looked way better. That color scheme is interesting...

Also I don’t see how you’ll be able to prevent kiting. You take away the ability to kite then you take away one of the core mechanics to let ranged players stay alive. Or even healers. Kiting is just a mechanic that’s seen in all games. So unless light medals have been taken away also I think removing the ability to kite is an awful, awful, awful idea.
    (2)
    Last edited by AchaNoYumi; 04-27-2018 at 01:52 AM.

Player
    Character
    Owa Owa
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    Ninja Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by AchaNoYumi View Post
    Map changes are good.

Light medals haven’t been addressed though... they need to go.

Why is the mount not a hellhound theme? Those colors are... lol...
    Black and red chair would have looked way better. That color scheme is interesting...

Also I don’t see how you’ll be able to prevent kiting. You take away the ability to kite then you take away one of the core mechanics to let ranged players stay alive. Or even healers. Kiting is just a mechanic that’s seen in all games. So unless light medals have been taken away also I think removing the ability to kite is an awful, awful, awful idea.
    If they remove repelling shot/tri-bind/sleep feast will be so much more meme than it is now.
    (0)

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast