Character
    Lutheus Mcbeef
    World
    Ravana
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 90

Recurring Issue - stuck on "connecting to data centre" screen

Hi,

I haven't been able to log into the game for 4 days now. It keeps getting stuck at the "connecting to data center" screen every time after clicking start on the main screen.

I've contacted (email) the support via mog station on Saturday, they replied today (Monday) and the email and helps seem rather generic. I tried all the steps given anyway but it didn't solve the problem. Thought I should try open a ticket here.

The same issue happened before, I noticed it happened during the payment period too like this time, not sure if it has something to do with it? The last time the issue solved itself as I was able to log in on the second day, thought it'd be the same again this time but unfortunately it isn't the case.

Anyway please let me know if there's any other details you require from me, thanks.
    (0)

Good morning and thank you for posting on the Final Fantasy XIV Technical Support Forums.

Do you receive any kind of disconnection error after this or does it simply hang on the "connecting to data center" screen?

It's possible that you are simply having a connection/routing issue and it will resolve itself like it did last time, however there are a few things we can try to troubleshoot the problem.

I'd like to get some additional information about your connection setup. Please provide:

- Platform (PC, PS4, Mac)
    - Type of connection (wired or wireless)
    - Other programs running while the game is playing (if any)
    - Frequency at which this occurs
    - Everything you have tried to resolve the issue

We hope we can be of assistance in helping you enjoy the exciting world of Final Fantasy XIV!
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Makyna Emeryna
    World
    Jenova
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 24
    This is now happening to me as well. I was in one minute, then booted out the next. Now I get 2002 error cannot connect to data center lobby.
    Playing on PC, wired connection.
    No other programs running while playing.
    Every time.
    Restarted router, got a new IP address.
    (0)

Thank you for the reply Rivyn, we apologize for the delay in our response.

First, make sure that your anti-virus/firewall has the appropriate exceptions for Final Fantasy XIV.

Then I would suggest doing a clean boot. Simply open the task manager and select the 'Start up' Tab. Disable everything here and restart the PC. This will make sure that no background processes are interfering with the game.

Please open the Internet Explorer browser, open the "Tools", go to "Internet Options" and adjust the following settings:
    - Under the "General" tab, please delete ALL browser history.
    - Under the "Security" tab, please move the slider to the lowest possible settings or no higher than "Medium"
    - Under the "Privacy" tab, please move the slider to the lowest possible settings or to "Allow All Cookies"
    - Under the "Advanced" tab, please make sure that "Allow software to run or install even if signature is invalid" is CHECKED.
    - Make sure that all SSL and TLS (EXCEPT SSL 3.0) are CHECKED. [SSL 3.0 should be UNCHECKED]
    - Hit "Apply" to save the settings, and then "OK, to close the Internet Options menu.
    - Right-Click on the FFXIV launcher icon and select "Properties"
    - Go to the "Compatibility" tab, and change the compatibility mode to "Windows 7"
    - Hit "Apply", then "OK" to save the changes.
    - Please RESTART your PC now. Once your PC has been restarted, Right-Click the FFXIV launcher icon once more and select "Run as Administrator"

Check the following Port Ranges on your router/modem to ensure that the following Port Ranges have been opened/forwarded/triggered:
    ▼TCP
    54992 through 54994,
    55006 through 55007,
    55021 through 55040

Your ISP may forward these ports for you.*

We hope we can be of assistance in helping you enjoy the exciting world of Final Fantasy XIV!
    (0)

Hello everyone,

Due to no response from the original poster, this thread will be moved to 'Closed Concerns.' If anyone is still having this particular problem, please create a new thread and we will assist you in any way we can.

Thank you for visiting the Final Fantasy XIV Technical Support Forums.
    (0)