Character
    Nestama Eynfoetsyn
    World
    Lamia
    Main Class
    Samurai Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Daeriion_Aeradiir View Post
    snip.
    Then the DRK I had was bad, as they could not hold hate.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Brielle Artemus
    World
    Exodus
    Main Class
    Reaper Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Daeriion_Aeradiir View Post
    Not that it's my proudest moment, but I've done Abania in full i270 as a PLD (WAR and DRK are ez-mode aggro wise) with friends who know their SB rotations in and out. So long as the tank doesn't try to min-max his dps at that low of an ilvl, dps hate will never be an issue.
    Actually, I ripped aggro from the tank last night in Abania on the second boss, Number XXIV. I was i286. Have no idea what the tank was in. I believe he was a warrior. It was the job symbol that looked kind of like binoculars. I popped Embolden, charged in->enchanted melee combo->flipped out->Verflare->Fleche. Swiftcast->Verfire.

Next thing I know that big ugly thing was running right at me and I about peed my pants. I wasn't paying attention to the numbers, but I'm guessing I got a string of lucky crits. I did have a meal buff that gave +crit so maybe that's what happened.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Yrys Rewh-gilda
    World
    Mateus
    Main Class
    Gunbreaker Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Lium View Post
    Actually, I ripped aggro from the tank last night in Abania on the second boss, Number XXIV. I was i286. Have no idea what the tank was in. I believe he was a warrior. It was the job symbol that looked kind of like binoculars. I popped Embolden, charged in->enchanted melee combo->flipped out->Verflare->Fleche. Swiftcast->Verfire.

Next thing I know that big ugly thing was running right at me and I about peed my pants. I wasn't paying attention to the numbers, but I'm guessing I got a string of lucky crits. I did have a meal buff that gave +crit so maybe that's what happened.
    Can one tank Castrum Abania in i270 gear? Yes. But should it be something allowed? Not really. Most DF tanks like to think they can do everything the high geared tanks can do regardless of their own gear status, which is why dps at the right ilvl or higher that know their rotation well can rip off of these tanks with ease. Because the tank runs in does one aggro combo and goes full dps expecting they can do it cause they saw another tank do it, not realizing of course that the other tank was most likely far better geared than them.

This is probably the biggest reason as to why there should be a min ilvl requirement. It doesn't matter if it can be done. Many things can be done in pitiful gear by players that are able to play their classes to the fullest of their abilities, because these players also understand the limitations and adjust accordingly. However most of the play base does not get this and thus makes no attempt to adjust their dungeon play style based on their gear level thinking that they can do what they see others doing no matter what. A min ilvl will help prevent the worst of these situations by forcing players to have a set that is decent. Even more so with skip potion users. While rare you get the odd one that makes no attempt to upgrade their i260 basic shire gear they get with the potion until after they hit lvl 70. An i260 tank in even Doma Castle is a nightmare, let alone Castrum.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Daeriion Aeradiir
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Lium View Post

Like I had mentioned, its a skill issue, not an ilvl one. RDM burst is countered extremely easy, especially as a WAR. If a tank knows their aggro toolkit, threat modifiers are just too powerful now for a tank who knows what they're doing to lose hate. Unless the tank is like, 20 ilvls below the dps, at which point it becomes sketch.
    To put it in perspective, your entire combo you listed is roughly 2470 potency +/- autos during melee combo across 5 GCDs. Tomahawk + Onslaught alone is 4671 enmity without unchained, and that's purely on the very first GCD. That's also without the WAR getting a free 1620 aggro potency from Equilibirum, or using unchained to raise the Tomahawk + onlalught aggro to 5346.

That's also before the actual aggro combo, which combined is worth 4x a RDM's whole burst.

Regardless, my point is that if the tank focuses on aggro and knows how to actually generate aggro, a 270 weapon can outmatch any dps you might find. It's not impossible to rip off a tank, but it's basically impossible unless you're pulling way ahead of them or they're not comfortable with aggro management, or the tank is asleep/underestimating the dps (or the tank is just plain undergeared). But any tank who's comfortable with it is basically impossible.
    (0)
    Last edited by Daeriion_Aeradiir; 04-25-2018 at 08:39 AM.

Player
    Character
    Squires Ailith
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Vrankyl View Post
    Can one tank Castrum Abania in i270 gear? Yes. But should it be something allowed? Not really.
    Most expert dungeons have a minilvl that's 20 ilvl below what the dungeon drops. For castrum, that would put the min ilvl right around 270. It's fine.

I find it it funny that everyone complains how easy the game is, yet expects everyone to overgear everything to make sure it's easy.

I DF a lot of stuff on tank and 95% of my runs are just fine. I rarely run into these super low ilvl folks people say are everywhere. Then again, I've yet to run into these mythical ice mages.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Nestama Eynfoetsyn
    World
    Lamia
    Main Class
    Samurai Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Brill_ View Post
    Most expert dungeons have a minilvl that's 20 ilvl below what the dungeon drops. For castrum, that would put the min ilvl right around 270. It's fine.

I find it it funny that everyone complains how easy the game is, yet expects everyone to overgear everything to make sure it's easy.
    I feel the minimal ilevel for Castrum Abania would/should be around i276. You need to take level into consideration as well, as the difference in defence between an i270 body piece and i288 body piece is pretty big (388) compared to an i310 and i325 piece (~38). You shouldn't say "it's fine" without following up with "highly not recommended" as that, to me, looks like you're enabling bad teamwork. It's forcing everyone else around that player to adjust to them alone.

And really? Level 68-69 gear is overgearing a level 69 dungeon?
    (1)
    Last edited by Nestama; 04-25-2018 at 05:10 PM.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7