Player
    Character
    Rintissa Brave
    World
    Lich
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 70

DX9 refuses to work

I want to get back to DX9 mode since I need to bear with old hardware for a while, but no matter what I try DX9 doesn't work. DX11 mode works fine. But I need to go back to DX9 mode not to overload old videocard in Eureca Anemos, since it's getting DX1100002 error in that, and only that zone.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Rintissa Brave
    World
    Lich
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 70
    I've been browsing tech support thread, and came to thought about virtual memory. In current state Win10 decided that 1800 Mb is enought. I set it too 6144 Mb as advised. Maybe it will help, still I'd like to switch to DX9 mode.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Rintissa Brave
    World
    Lich
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Tusembobel View Post
    I've been browsing tech support thread, and came to thought about virtual memory. In current state Win10 decided that 1800 Mb is enought. I set it too 6144 Mb as advised. Maybe it will help, still I'd like to switch to DX9 mode.
    It gave no result. I've managed to stay for 2 hours inside Eureca, then 1100002. Still want to try DX9, but it just doesn't work.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Manuel Bravo
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Dragoon Lv 70
    From a tech perceptive uninstall DX9 and reinstall, that or try lowering your setting on viewing animations from other groups. If DX11 is working it may just be the graphic card can't handle it or may clash with resolution in monitor make sure they both sync and match your in game settings. Good luck.
    (0)

Good morning and thank you for posting on the Final Fantasy XIV Technical Support Forums.

Can you explain what you mean by DX9 mode "doesn't work?"

You can lower the settings or resolution in DX11 mode if your GPU is having trouble with it.

How often do you get the DX1100002 error when playing? Does it only happen in the Eureka areas?

We hope we can be of assistance in helping you enjoy the exciting world of Final Fantasy XIV!
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Rintissa Brave
    World
    Lich
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 70
    When I set DX mode to 9 game simply won't launch. It starts for a seconds and then window just closes itself.
    About 1100002 - I was getting it just entering zone having 59 fps, or just any moment later. I know ppl can get it even on high-end videocards. I reinstalled videodrivers, and ofc I know I can lower settings, what I already did, and so far it seems to be OK.
    Comment about reinstalling DX9 was quite funny As if I can deinstall DX9, espetially apart from DX11.
    (0)

Hello Tusembobel, Thank you for posting on the Final Fantasy XIV Technical Support Forums

Seems to be that lowering the settings seemed to provide a solution. I will be moving this thread to "support center resolved" Please feel free to create a new thread if you have any other issues.

Thank you for playing Final Fantasy XIV! Hope to see you online.
    (0)