Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5
    Player
    Character
    Kostik Hvostik
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Monk Lv 70
    I am still confused at, why is anyone complaining on how much DPS monk does with that opener... it is not easy to execute. most monks dont do that opener, so why even complain?

we use to have few useless skills, now we have 2 less useless skills... and also riddles now can be used for something.... everybody wins?
    (4)

Player
    Character
    Agret Fury
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Exiled_Tonberry View Post
    I just wanted to bring this up here, because I don't really see anyone talking about it. Currently the most optimal way to use Monk is by blowing stacks on tornado kick, using perfect balance to do it again, and then recover with Riddle of Wind.

I wouldn't have an issue with this if this was intended, but it's obviously not. It's way too clunky and invasive to the normally easy flowing Monk rotation, and their fast GCD makes switching back and forth between stances very hard.

I also wouldn't want them to think Wind Tackle is fine just because their oversight is being exploited by 95+ percentile players for extra dps.
    Just wanted to put this out there really. I do like that Monk has the opportunity to leap out of it's normal boring rotation, but it would have felt much better to execute if the rotation was actually intended.
    This is a good thing and was intentional.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Zuzu Belloq
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Black Mage Lv 80
    While I don't disagree that is a good thing, I don't think it was intentional at all.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Echo Skyla
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 90
    Both riddle of wind and the tornado kick rotation feel awful to use but everything about SB MNK feels awful so I guess it fits right in, unfortunately.
    (4)

Player
    Character
    Rocket Teira
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 90
    They completely gimped monk fun by taking out dot management and adding Riddle of Fire slow debuff. The rotation finally got varied and fun again. What even is this thread? Do we hate fun now?
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Remedi Maxwell
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    Goldsmith Lv 90
    Why the recent answers have been so vitriolic towards the OP?
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Jace Ossura
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Goldsmith Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Remedi View Post
    Why the recent answers have been so vitriolic towards the OP?
    Dunnno. It kinda lost me with 'one shot dots are fun'.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Sharl Llyntine
    World
    Jenova
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarutobi_Daritobi View Post
    I am still confused at, why is anyone complaining on how much DPS monk does with that opener... it is not easy to execute. most monks dont do that opener, so why even complain?

we use to have few useless skills, now we have 2 less useless skills... and also riddles now can be used for something.... everybody wins?
    Not sure why my previous comment was deleted, but my stance has changed since making this thread.
    I do like that we're finally utilizing SB skills that isn't just Riddle of Fire, and using TK correctly feels amazing.
    It's different than Monk's usual and takes a bit getting used to, but it's really nice.
    (2)
    Last edited by Exiled_Tonberry; 05-17-2018 at 04:13 AM.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5