Player
    Character
    Mahrze Crossner
    World
    Jenova
    Main Class
    Monk Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by InkstainedGwyn View Post
    By this point, it isn't even "we need to show them", it's "I want people to actually read MY thoughts, so I'll put them out by themselves so they're not drowned in the thread". Which also means anybody trying to show the devs actual talking points will either have to show them 35+ threads... or just give it up as a lost cause.
    As much as I agree with your point, it is rather absurd that having 35 threads with 10 posts of the same topic vs 1 thread of said topic with 350 posts is a very ludicrous cop out to say certain scenario is weighted less than another. Even if everyone wants to individually express their opinion and not feel like it is drowned among the hundreds of similar voiced complaints.

Granted, there are plenty of reasons to dismiss many of the threads with x or y reasoning. But to me, and to many I can explain the same circumstance, the end result is still in the end 350 opinions that are on the same wavelength of a similar topic based on the prev. example I made. Walling up behind a culture barrier or undermining it because its too overwhelming is an easy thing to say to minimize the issue. Because no matter how you reason it, it still the same number of people reacting in a very similar way to the same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by ManuelBravo View Post
    ...Most players will probably be hypocrites and get it anyways once they think it's actually valuable when others talk about it trough experience. Now this app in a way is SE response to apply f feed back for alternate ways to manage your retainers, give a chance for extra storage room, and even add an extra retainer slots. Seriously people complain about these things yet forget that these were suggestions that the community asked for. ( demand ) SE responded in a way as a resource and took advantage of the demand and simple availability trough apps. (supply) Which covers the simple rules of a successful business. I for one wanted access to my retainers in such a way since the allowed extra retainers. It took a few years and loved it. Now if they could make it so that I can craft while I'm at work on that app I would really be happy.
    As easy as it can be to just point the blame or shift it around or just use the "optional" label as a logical scapegoat it doesn't change the circumstance. Yes, your personal experience does reward your expectations because of the potential it has, which I doubt anyone is against.

And while many of us are aware that SE is a business and they are trying to cover costs for these implementations, we can easily find the failed dilemma that they dance around on: We actually need money for the things you ask, but we'll blame it on x/y/z limitation instead.
    (7)
    Last edited by Mahrze; 04-21-2018 at 12:34 AM.
    If you say so.

Player
    Character
    Deceptus Keelon
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Sage Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Mahrze View Post
    As much as I agree with your point, it is rather absurd that having 35 threads with 10 posts of the same topic vs 1 thread of said topic with 350 posts is a very ludicrous cop out to say certain scenario is weighted less than another. Even if everyone wants to individually express their opinion and not feel like it is drowned among the hundreds of similar voiced complaints.
    If a community rep were to create a mega thread on the topic that would be acknowledging a controversy existed and they don't want that ahead of a feature roll out.

Like someone else said here, the fact that so many find this egregious should give SE pause.
    (9)

Character
    Korbin Dallas
    World
    Twintania
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 80
    I'm sick of seeing all these posts saying that "SE is putting more effort into the cash shop than the game", when it's been said time and time again that the cash shop is run by a completely different team.

Yeah I'm sure that megaflare emote took more effort than an entire dungeon, along with everything that comes with it, you know, gear, minion, MUSIC, new mob/boss models and animations, new mechanics.

Yeah they totally put more effort into a non looping half assed "mega"flare.

Cut the crap and have some perspective. So what if whatever they decide to make for the cash shop doesn't become attainable by in game means, it's a spit in the face of the devs to call the rest of the game "no effort".
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Deceptus Keelon
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Sage Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by CorbinDallas View Post
    I'm sick of seeing all these posts saying that "SE is putting more effort into the cash shop than the game", when it's been said time and time again that the cash shop is run by a completely different team.

Yeah I'm sure that megaflare emote took more effort than an entire dungeon, along with everything that comes with it, you know, gear, minion, MUSIC, new mob/boss models and animations, new mechanics.

Yeah they totally put more effort into a non looping half assed "mega"flare.

Cut the crap and have some perspective.
    No one in this thread has claimed that at all. Nice strawman you created there.
    (13)
    • Veteran healers don't care if we actually have to heal, but right now we don't. We simply want something interesting to do during the downtime. That is not asking for a lot
    • Dead DPS do no DPS. Raised DPS do 25/50% lower DPS. Do the mechanics and don't stand in bad stuff.
    • Other games expect basic competence, FFXIV is pleasantly surprised by it. Other games have toxic elitism. FFXIV has toxic casualism.

Player
    Character
    Aiko Fujiwara
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Black Mage Lv 90
    I'm not quitting, but I won't be using the app, either. I highly suggest that people don't. The more people that pay for services like this, the more it tells SquareEnix that its what the community wants, and more of similar services will pile up and creep into the game. I don't want to see FFXIV turn into another Black Desert Online.

My 2 cents.
    (4)

Character
    Korbin Dallas
    World
    Twintania
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Deceptus View Post
    No one in this thread has claimed that at all. Nice strawman you created there.
    Quote Originally Posted by KaldeaSahaline View Post
    The cash shop lately was already toeing the line for me. It was fine being what it was, but it's shifted. They've clearly added more and more to it, and as a result we see more resources going into that rather than in the game. This app is an example.
    Mhm. Just one example, but there are many more like it floating around the multitude of threads that exist about the topic already. So much as even thinking that they're putting more resources into optional purchases than the main game is absolutely ludicrous and you should feel bad for thinking it.
    (4)

Character
    Shinigami Zetta
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Dragoon Lv 90
    This is SE we're talking about here. They RARELY go back on anything they've put preliminary notes out on. They've spent time and resources on this app, it's getting released as shown.

So, logically, we can make decent assumptions based on the information we have and the track record SE has shown.
    It's exactly why we should not judge it too soon. I trust SE and while a premium subscription seems unfair based on ideals that some how this game is being compared to F2P games by many players( knowing they pay a subscription and has optional services ) is beyond the realm of common sense apparently.

Take Eureka, they released patch notes as well many hated , many liked , some of us completed during he first week while others complained from day 1 that it was too hard or unfair. Even with patch notes players comprehension skills are questionable claiming that they read it and even reported being ko'd and returning was giving them an XP penalty. When I read those I was -.-;; yeah sure you read those notes. Based on their track record SE is one of the few companies I can say I'm willing to follow and even pay for optional services knowing fully aware that as a consumer is my decision and not being forced into doing so.
    (1)
    Last edited by ManuelBravo; 04-21-2018 at 12:40 AM. Reason: Character limit

Player
    Character
    Deceptus Keelon
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Sage Lv 90
    It's exactly why we should not judge it too soon. I trust SE and while a premium subscription seems unfair based on ideals that some how this game is being compared to F2P games by many players( knowing they pay a subscription and has optional services ) is beyond the realm of common sense apparently.
    I completely disagree with you. With SE's track record we can reliably judge the app on what we've seen because there is a greater than 75% chance it's getting released as described, unless there is a massive backlash. Then there are SE defenders and white knights such as yourself who defend every decision SE makes and that no one else can question it and if someone does you attempt to belittle their contribution to the discussion.

Example:
    ...good riddance.

My basic argument is that F2P Elements shouldn't be present in a subscription based MMO. Like I said I gladly pay the sub fee because I think the content value is worth the monthly investment, but IMHO a premium based model has no place in a subscription based MMO.
    (23)
    Last edited by Deceptus; 04-21-2018 at 12:51 AM.
    • Veteran healers don't care if we actually have to heal, but right now we don't. We simply want something interesting to do during the downtime. That is not asking for a lot
    • Dead DPS do no DPS. Raised DPS do 25/50% lower DPS. Do the mechanics and don't stand in bad stuff.
    • Other games expect basic competence, FFXIV is pleasantly surprised by it. Other games have toxic elitism. FFXIV has toxic casualism.

Character
    Matthieu Desrosiers
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    Reaper Lv 90
    If a community rep were to create a mega thread on the topic that would be acknowledging a controversy existed and they don't want that ahead of a feature roll out.

Like someone else said here, the fact that so many find this egregious should give SE pause.
    Agreed. I wish the community representatives engaged more. It'll be a week since the announcement tomorrow and there's been not a peep out of Square Enix - not even to say our feedback has been acknowledged and passed on.

Furthermore, one of the major concerns is the statement that the premium coins will be used for more things in the future...so I'm not sure what the 'wait and see' crowd are getting at. It's pretty obvious that they plan to go ahead with this regardless of the backlash...which likely explains the silence.
    (19)

Player
    Character
    Selena Schwarz
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Samurai Lv 90
    It's naive to think the app is where they're gonna stop. One would've never thought they'd release jump potions. They did. People shrugged it off even though a good portion of the playerbase said it was bad, and a dangerous next step towards something worse after the paid glamours, etc. Well, this is the natural next step, and it isn't going to stop there with the app. You guys keep targeting those who quit, and soon you're bound to find yourselves amongst a myriad of paid services.
    (25)

Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast