Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 LastLast
    Player
    Character
    Kalinas Luminas
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 90
    This Greed only system is terrible. Seeing a piece you need drop and then getting out rolled by people that don't even have the job leveled sucks. I even tried to asking the party if I could have a piece and was literally lol'd at and told, "It's Greed only, so get lucky."

It's now as frustrating to get gear you want as it is to get the cards and minions. I refuse anymore to run 24 mans any more than once a week at this point. I used to queue again and again until my piece I wanted would drop since the odds were slightly more in your favor with Need.

At least the upgrade coin hasn't become a loot item again...

I don't get why not bring back Need and offer a bonus to pass loot like more tomes or etc. Going Greed only especially in the older 24 mans that are unlocked is silly...everyone is punching that Greed button on every loot piece.
    (5)

Player
    Character
    A'kata Yohko
    World
    Mateus
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 70
    Just had my Ninja friend lose out on gear to a person that was literally AFK for most of the fights. When they came back they rolled greed and when we questioned them they said "sorry, I wasn't paying attention to party chat, I had something going on." This idea from Yoshi P that the player base will yield to requests simply isn't true. Now more and more gear goes to bags or seals that other players could use. I won't even farm old raids anymore because it's pointless.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    X'tanha Rhid
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    Sage Lv 90
    System is total shit. Farming gear was already frustrating enough because of the randomness, especially in 2.xx raids, where only one item per boss drops. Now, there is basically no chance left to get the items you want, so why bother outside of doing the Stormblood ones once per week and the daily duty roulette?
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Amanogawa Murasaki
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 80
    Have to add my voice here since I saw this wasn't addressed in the last version update. I would like to leave feedback that greed only is annoying in Ridorana and just plain rude in other raids. I would really prefer that greed-only be removed entirely, but if you insist on keeping it in, then at least disable it for ARR and HW raids, so I can at least attempt to farm glamours. It was frustrating enough before when I could hit need but required anywhere from days to weeks just to see a piece drop. Making that RNG even worse is just cruel...
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Finn Levigne
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 70
    Going to toss my input in here too. The new Greed Only system is proving to be nothing but a stressful, drama starting setup from the onset. I've done the Lighthouse twice a week (2 characters) since it came out and it's been a fight every single time I've been in there because of the greed system. It really should go back to the Need/Greed system. There was no reason to change it in the first place.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Taiyo Shikasu
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 80
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Maeka Blazewing
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 90
    All this change has done, was re-affirm my decision to NOT run Raids.

Sigmascape is bad enough where you to do 5, 10 runs and not get anything at all.

Now, instead of getting a generic item that can be used to purchase an item of your choice, it's the armor itself that is dropped, but it's still free-loot everybody can greed regardless of class.

So basically, a huge "NO THANKS" from me. I'm not putting that kind of time and effort into losing items to people who aren't even the right job to use it.

Screw that.

I would love to hear what Yoshi-P had in mind when he made this decision, and whether or not the outcome matched his prediction. Is this what he wanted? People to walk away from raiding because they are losing items to people who aren't even the right job to use them?

EDIT: I saw the link in the post above mine, but I still have questions about what made him think this was a good idea, why he even got the inspiration to try this in the first place, etc. No disrespect meant or anything, but I'm trying to understand his thought process here, but it appears to defy any kind of logic I can come up with.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Frizze Steeleblaze
    World
    Lamia
    Main Class
    Black Mage Lv 90
    Maeka, they answered your question when they announced the change. The 24 man raids arrive in the "catch up" patch, and they dont drop higher level loot then currently available. In their minds, its a good chance to gear up alternative classes(afterall, a whole major patch is more then enough time to get a full set of tome/8 man raid gear for your main class). But the difficulty of some of the raids means that some players would only be comfortable playing on their main class. So "Greed Only" was supposed to allow people to take the class they know best and still have an equal shot at the loot for their class that needs it. They also announced that they were open to reverting the change if it wasnt popular, and now theyve announced that they will. I never thought this was a big deal either way, and ive still only seen 1 person upset about losing out on loot to someone who wasnt on the appropriate class at the time(and i average 8 alliance runs per week between the roulette and the new one, so thats plenty of chances to see people affected by it).
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Ryaz Darksbane
    World
    Brynhildr
    Main Class
    Samurai Lv 90
    Well, nice to see the old system back. Was able to actually get a couple pieces for my Sam.

Though I find the whole set weird. I know it's based off Vaan from Tactics A2, but I don't get the point of heavy greaves and gauntlets paired with... a light cloth shirt. Why protect everything BUT your torso?
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Eugene Tracewood
    World
    Midgardsormr
    Main Class
    Monk Lv 87
    I thought this was for the Savage, but yes I'm glad to see Need return.

For SAVAGE raid however, I'd wish they'd make it to where you don't relinquish loot if you skip tiers or reduce chests after completing it. I mean, you already get your loot but want to help others clear, why punish other people?

Comparing to Destiny 1 & 2, you can clear raid, get your loot and run it as many times to help others clear and their loot table gets no impact. This design seems stubborn and doesn't really help players.
    (0)

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 LastLast