Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Player
    Character
    Bond Mcdohl
    World
    Tonberry
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 87

How to maintain aggro off Grit in savages?

Hi folks, just wondering if i should off grit in o7s-o8s?
    If i should, how do i maintain enmity during the fight? there are times when the healer suddenly took the aggro.
    Do you think its good idea to on grit again on incoming tank buster?

Tbh diff people got diff opinion on this and got chastised alot.
    stay grit = blamed for dps
    off grit = blamed for occasional off aggro.

Help!
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Reinhardt Azureheim
    World
    Alpha
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 90
    First foremost, managing aggro is a party job and not just main tank's.

When opening a fight you opt to do a DA-powerslash combo, then drop grit right before syphon and focus dpsing mostly and managing your cooldowns and the boss. If your gear is considerably lower compared to your DPS, fill in another powerslash combo, but without dark arts.

From there your party is supposed to regulate the aggro by using tools like diversion, lucid, tactician and your off tank is supposed to vokeshirk you (or you tankswap at given intervals, same result regarding #1 aggro).

If a healer outaggroes you despite those conditions, he either overheals massively (overheal does double enmity) or your white mage is doing a bit too much work at god kefka.

Make sure to look up some rotations and guides for DRK to optimize your own damage output to save yourself from needing to use grit or powerslash more than necessary.
    (4)

Player
    Character
    Reinhardt Azureheim
    World
    Alpha
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 90
    Regarding grit for tankbusters, if you do that under bloodweapon you lose the remaining time of bloodweapon and you spend a whole gcd just to use it. You have enough in your kit for busters, so using grit means something went terribly wrong.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Yen Rose
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 70
    Everything said is more or less correct and you should do fine, with the tips. It is a party job and everyone should do their best to manage it. Further can a Ninja help alot with aggro managment. Thay can shadewalk you, which transfers their aggro to yours and they can smokescreen party member to reduce their aggro generation.
    I just want to point one thing out:
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinhardt_Azureheim View Post
    If a healer outaggroes you despite those conditions, he either overheals massively (overheal does double enmity) or your white mage is doing a bit too much work at god kefka.
    This is not true. Overhealing generates exactly the same amount of enmity as regular healing, not double, but it needlessly generates it...
    We tried this out and further the same is stated in several guides.
    (9)

Player
    Character
    Gunsa Cabalabob
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 90
    Lucid dreaming cuts your healers enmity in half so if they’re using that regularly (which they should be for mp anyway) they shouldn’t take aggro, if they do they’re cure bombing like crazy.

Melee dps have diversion to reduce their enmity generation by 90%, using that during their burst window will really help keep their aggro in check.

DRG also has elusive jump which cuts enmity in half and has a 30 sec recast, if they can find places to weave that in (gap closer) they’ll never take hate.

NIN has shadewalker which gives 80% of their enmity to the target (you) which helps you hold the lead. And smokescreen which prevents a target party member from catching up.

Ranged have refresh and tactician which also cut enmity in half so if used at the right times should be enough to keep their aggro in check.

Casters have access to both lucid and diversion.

Tanks have shirk which gives 25% of their enmity to you, they should be using this in combination with provoke to give you a large enmity boost while keeping theirs down.

Basically everyone has enmity control, and unlike grit, all of these options are oGCD and don’t reduce their damage dealt by 20%. Your job is to take the enmity lead, their job is to make sure you keep it.

You are now armed with the knowledge of every enmity tool at your party’s disposal, go tell them to step it up.
    (18)
    Last edited by Cabalabob; 04-18-2018 at 07:03 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilthas View Post
    The anonymity of the internet is what leads people to become jerks online.

You could make a game where all you did was run through fields of flowers holding hands and you'd still get a guy telling you you're doing it wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Mcshiggs View Post
    Everyone knows you skip through fields of flowers holding hands, running noobs need to go back to WoW.

Player
    Character
    Lala Yuki
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 70
    Okay so I was testing out WAR in o8s. I have full 370 gear except a Byakko wep on my WAR and my friends 350 alt AST(even with innate aggro reduction) ripped aggro off me during first forsaken, and didnt have Lucid due to using it early to maintain mp. Specifically o8s it can be extremely difficult to maintain aggro before the first swap. The best solution is just have the OT take the boss there, or shirk you. If you can't do either than you have to throw out extra power slashes somewhere. On WAR I just unchained aggro combo in the opener, but for DRK that can be p bad for dps.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Whiskey Bravo
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 90
    Yea my WHM rips aggro in the first forsaken too so we just do our tank swap there, usually fixes it.

Also @OP, if you don't have a NIN in the party you will likely just have to bite the bullet and do more aggro combos.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Reinhardt Azureheim
    World
    Alpha
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by YenNox View Post
    I just want to point one thing out:

This is not true. Overhealing generates exactly the same amount of enmity as regular healing, not double, but it needlessly generates it...
    We tried this out and further the same is stated in several guides.
    I got told otherwise, but if there is multiple proof of stating the opposite then I guess I learned something wrong.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Bond Mcdohl
    World
    Tonberry
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 87
    Hey guys, thanks for multiple responses.
    Yes i realize other classes have enmity transfer skill but im not really sure if they use it, most likely they use it though. But sometimes some SAM also took my aggro in uncanny situation.
    I can't really explain to them sometimes because im PUGing, some understand english some are barely. In this case i mostly tank the blame.
    One time also because they keep stealing my aggro, i put on my Grit all the time and blamed for dps. I explain to them why i put it on but they cant understand me and keep blabbering about DPS number parser.
    This situation im in really makes me uncomfortable.

So based on this, if i lose the aggro, its not my mistake is it?
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Ziero Rehw-bidit
    World
    Malboro
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Musicazzz View Post

So based on this, if i lose the aggro, its not my mistake is it?
    As long as everyone's using their tools and if you still lose aggro, it means you're not dpsing hard enough. But if your dps is good, and hate is being lost, then not your fault.
    (0)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast