Player
    Character
    Yvette Fairmist
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Astrologian Lv 70
    Let the fairy heal.

Too many scholars let the tank drop low, then heal the tank all the way up.
    Much better to stop healing at 60% health, shield the tank, and let the fairy do the rest.

There's also the trick of controlling the fairy's Embrace, basically controlling who it heals. While its effective, this is an advanced skill for really proficient players.

For less proficient players, it can lead to healing only one target and ignoring others. It also requires far more mental processing; processing which can be used to watch out for mechanics. This leads to dead DPS, or the sudden need for multiple succors to save the party. Both of which are bad.
    (1)
    Last edited by Yvette_laFontaine; 04-20-2018 at 08:56 AM.

Player
    Character
    Doom Moonwalker
    World
    Diabolos
    Main Class
    Black Mage Lv 61
    Quote Originally Posted by Yvette_laFontaine View Post
    snip.
    The main thing that intimidates me is basically having to manage two entity's positioning, my own and the fairy's, to make sure I'm not out of range of the tank to heal them. Can anyone give me some advice how to mitigate this, or to better move Eos/Selene independent of my own movements?
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Toki Tsuchimi
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by NewAgeDoom View Post
    snip
    While placement of the faerie is important 9/10 times she can just follow you. And if your spell/AoE can reach the party, so can hers. Placement is really important when you need to be a significant distance away to avoid some mechanics, or to just keep yourself out of harms way: Phantom Train, A9/S, A12/S, T5, and I'm sure there are more. But, usually the battle field is a circle, and the distance you'd normally stay at to keep yourself safe is good for her as well, since most of the time the boss/mob is tanked dead center.

That being said, the really important thing is controlling yiur faerie by having her on Obey, and manually entering her skills.
    (1)
    Last edited by Eloah; 04-28-2018 at 02:08 AM.

Player
    Character
    Doom Moonwalker
    World
    Diabolos
    Main Class
    Black Mage Lv 61
    Quote Originally Posted by Eloah View Post
    While placement of the faerie is important 9/10 times she can just follow you. And if your spell/AoE can reach the party, so can hers. Placement is really important when you need to be a significant distance away to avoid some mechanics, or to just keep yourself out of harms way: Phantom Train, A9/S, A12/S, T5, and I'm sure there are more. But, usually the battle field is a circle, and the distance you'd normally stay at to keep yourself safe is good for her as well, since most of the time the boss/mob is tanked dead center.

That being said, the really important thing is controlling yiur faerie by having her on Obey, and manually entering her skills.
    And one last quick question, I really appreciate all the insight, guys.

Is there any situation where I would want to use Selene over Eos?
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Winter Gem
    World
    Brynhildr
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 90
    Eos has a tremendous healing output and sometimes there just wont be very much damage to heal through. If you have good gear and are synced down for 50/60 dungeons you will notice that Eos is actually so overpowered she is useless because Selene could handle the exact same workload with just Embrace. Some Scholars are scared to use Selene but once you get a feel for a boss fight or dungeon you can tell when it's safe to bring her out and enjoy the Haste she provides worry free.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Lon Kupopo
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 70
    Anybody have tips for healing massive pulls? I find myself having a very hard time trying to keep up with the tank. I put adlo prepull and excog. Once everything is gathered though, I put up whispering dawn. Once excog is used and adlo is gone though I find their health just drops pretty fast. Sometimes I have to spam lustrate. Physick doesn't really seem to cut it either.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Tempest Deep
    World
    Twintania
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by SMNmaGiC View Post
    Anybody have tips for healing massive pulls? I find myself having a very hard time trying to keep up with the tank. I put adlo prepull and excog. Once everything is gathered though, I put up whispering dawn. Once excog is used and adlo is gone though I find their health just drops pretty fast. Sometimes I have to spam lustrate. Physick doesn't really seem to cut it either.
    You gotta know which pulls will be big (there are a couple groups in each dungeon that I deem as troublesome in healing.) I excog the tank as he's pulling (after I put a dot on a mob for the gauge), use whichever fairy spell is up (I use Selene), connect him to my fairy with aetherpact, and activate largesse with emergency tactics. ET only has a 20 second CD so you can use it fairly regularly. Then I use lust and psychic/adlo as filler. Knowing which packs of mobs will be trouble and gathering the necessary increase to your gauge helps a lot. I didn't use the aetherpact a lot when I first turned 70 but I use it a whole ton now. In every dungeon, just about. Certainly in raids.
    (1)
    Last edited by Alisi; 04-28-2018 at 11:38 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2