Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Player
    Character
    Enkidoh Roux
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 90
    Well, there is already some FFXI tracks in the FFXIV game files which were used for the two FFXI-crossover special events that have run in the past, so it wouldn't be too difficult to turn these particular tracks into Orchestrion rolls (Feast of the Ladies from A Shantotto Ascension (curiously this is on the FFXIV OST under the title 'Reign of Pain'), the original battle themes Battle in the Overworld #2 and Battle in the Dungeon #1 from the base game, and Recollection from Chains of Promathia, and the nameless 'Quest complete' fanfare).

Whether they could add more though is another barrel of moogles (my choice would be Vana'diel March, Metalworks, the four city themes, Ronfaure, Gustaberg, Sarutabaruta, Selbina, Mhaura, Kazham, Awakening, A Realm of Emptiness and Bandit's Market), but anything is possible.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Riko Futatabi
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Black Mage Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by SilverObi View Post
    Fair points, it was superficially similar to some of XI's style but still constrained by XIV's systems, which is something that won't ever change unless they change how the game itself works. Eureka is still alive and kicking on Aether but maybe Primal is a bit different.
    Yeah, Eureka is still alive on Primal. I really just meant it doesn't have the same pull to grind out stuff like XI had. There's no interesting battle systems to keep chaining interesting, like skill chains and magic bursts. Doing the same rotation over and over for hours(if you can even last an hour lol) it's very boring.

They didn't try hard enough to create a system(s), which I know they are capable of. Who knows what delayed Eureka so much, this iteration of it feels unfinished, rushed even? That or they just don't have a clue. Anywaaay, this isn't what this thread is about I just had to comment on it once that when people say Eureka is like XI...it's really, really isn't...it's not even close.

I'd like a lot more FFXI music for sure though. :3
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Kissa Kotele
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Riko_Futatabi View Post
    snips
    Honestly the slight nods to killing PHs to spawn the NMs and the constant inane yelling in shout chat made that itch for XI come back so I went back to finish some stuff. No substitute for the real drug lol

But yeah the combat system of XIV is comparatively too fast to be something you hammer away at for extended periods. I can hang for about the three hours of one instance then I need to chill for a while before I feel like going into other content. To contribute I'd love if did bring the songs used for the past XI events as scrolls (like Enkidoh mentioned)
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Mystaria Ausa
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 80
    For me.. My personal home, Id love having Heavens Tower playing.

However for my FC house... since I am in Goblet... Having Alzhabi playing would be awesome. But yea everyone, start mentioning music youd want to have.

For me its:
    Windurst
    Windurst [S]
    Sarutabaruta
    Sarutabaruta [S]
    Heavens Tower
    Alzhabi
    (0)

Character
    Mhaeric Llystrom
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 90
    Eureka isn't a ffxi clone mechanically, although there are mechanical aspects that are similar. E.g. Aggro mechanics and chain bonuses. It it an homage to it, though.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Mystaria Ausa
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 80
    Im surprised this thread just was moved to exploratory missions... considering its about asking for FFXI rolls >.<
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Enkidoh Roux
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 90
    Probably because people keep mentioning Eureka and how it's 'FFXI-lite', taking this thread completely off topic.
    (0)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rannie View Post
    Aaaaannnd now I just had a mental image of Lahabrea walking into a store called Bodies R Us and trying on different humans.... >.<

Lahabrea: hn too tall... tooo short.... Juuuuuust right.
    Venat was right.

Player
    Character
    Loki Lux
    World
    Lamia
    Main Class
    Gunbreaker Lv 80
    I would love this, not just of XI songs, but other FF's as well. My point being FFXV has sound tracks from other FF's to listen to in game. It would be cool to have in XIV as well at some point.
    (0)

"Within each of us, the potential for great power waits to be released."

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2