Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Player
    Character
    Leon Taino
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 15
    I am in the middle of the 2.4 quests and I have to agree. These quests are the most boring, tedious and time consuming quests I have ever experienced from a MMO - and I have played every major MMO since 2004. Hoping Heavensward questing gets much better.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Maximum Powerful
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 90
    oh yes definitely you will enjoy HW quests much better.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Calista Fallon
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 90
    I don't make alts due to the time sync and tedium.
    (0)
    "Fanboy is gaming jargon used to describe an individual that has gone beyond the point of being a PC or console game fan and, during online chats or discussions, shifts to defend the program at all costs, unable to take any criticism or acknowledge any shortcomings of the game or gaming console."

Player
    Character
    Hashmael Lightswain
    World
    Zalera
    Main Class
    Black Mage Lv 90
    Had zero problem with the series of quests myself. But I don't go trying to rush through them all just to push for the next chunk of content. Which is what I suspect is the typical source of complaints. Players just want to get to the next thing, with no appreciation for a denouement before building back up again. You've just cleared Ultima, the story needs a chance to wrap things up. The big threat is over; naturally going to be a bit of a quiet period after that.

Start working on a Zodiac weapon. Finish off all your beast tribes. Clear some Coils in your down time. Enjoy some Crystal Tower runs. There's more to do at 50 than just rush into the next quest chain.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Bella Ciao
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Frizze View Post
    A lot of it is setting up things to come that arent always immediately obvious. You watched several scenes of political debate and scheming in Ul Dah which seemed to go no where, then you get invited to a dinner party by the sultana and a lot of things come to a head. You spent 2 patches doing jobs for the ishgardians and earning their trust, then you kinda get dumped into the middle of the dragonsong war(which is where a lot of their distrust for outsiders comes from). You spent a patch or two helping out the doman refugees in their journey to find a home and get settled, then the current expansion takes you to doma. A lot of important things actually happen or get set up in the 2.x line, it just isnt all obvious or immediate.
    This! I dislike fetch quests and the back and forth tedium as much as the next person, but I think people forget, and/or don’t realize how much build up is in the ARR MSQ.
    (0)

Character
    Natti Lockeheart
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 70
    Just get through to HW - much better story. SB has way too many Japanese influences. I honestly didn’t feel like SB was final fantasy related in any way and this expansion could have done without the entire theme. SE tecmo called and wants the Ninja Gaiden theme back. Anyway, some of the gameplay is ok especially the delta and signascape routes. My two gill
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Cain Alushaun
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 78
    I've found that if you play the main story quest with the outlook of constantly expecting the next level gain or big primal fight, yes it feels as fluffy with filler quests as it is. It's overflowing with fluff and fetch quests and can make things feel like a drag, and yet this is an improvement over the original FFXIV.

Alternatively, playing in the exact moment of whatever quest it is, shifting my focus to that exact story or motivation instead of anticipating the next big event or experience gain...I find myself having a wonderful time most of the time.

But thats me
    (0)

Character
    Shinigami Zetta
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Dragoon Lv 90

You do realize expansion work and are created based on feed back right?

Quote Originally Posted by BigolBrute View Post
    I came back to the game this weekend after being gone a few years. I just bought the new expansion and paid for a game sub (or course) I left off in the middle of patch 2.3 content at level 50.

Let me just say that getting through the 2.3 to 2.55 content to get to the expansion is one of the worst experiences I've had in an MMO. It is absolutely painful. So much fluff. So much pointless teleporting around. Very little combat or exploring the world.

The number of excruciatingly long and boring dialog cut-scenes is crazy! Usually voice acting denotes an important cut-scene, but not always. Sometimes, it's a meeting about politics and very dry.

The worst thing though is the quest structure. Go here, talk to person x, then go back to the Rising Stones. Over and over and over. Very tedious. This is an MMO, where is the combat? I did enjoy the fights with the Eidelons and the dungeons, I just wish there was more of that. I played about 10 hours Sunday, and about 2 of it was fun .

While you may be a returning player I think you may have missed some points from the past.

Here are some points and hopefully will make more sense.

Quote Originally Posted by BigolBrute View Post
    Also, the quests revolving around talk to x people in an area or find x or a hidden object in an area. These are just awful and need to go. They are not fun imho, just lazy padding designed to waste your time, not be fun.

Am I the only person that was kind of glad they "killed off" (probably not actually dead) the Scions of the 7th dawn at the end of 2.55? I really enjoyed that ending story sequence, it was well done.

My point is that 2.3 to 2.55 is mostly fluff that was added to tide hardcore players over until the expansion came out. It is in dire need of trimming down all of the fluff. Also, I refuse to pay $18 to skip this, as I feel like the money I have already spent on this game should be going toward the devs making an enjoyable experience. I shouldn't have to pay extra to skip this.

First for Heavens ward players wanted more options to level up beside dungeons and fate grinding. Hence the side quest. They were designed so that you were guaranteed one job to 60, and HQ gear without having to craft or go grind. Again an option. Some consider it fluff, some see it as feed back response.

Second; based on expansion feed back they leveled it to be friendly with other option in Stormblood. More options as well.

Third: New ways to level up have been introduced from Beastman tribes, to weekly crafting / gathering. By how I read your introduction seems that you were just too lazy to read trough the patch notes and just jumped into it -.-;

Lastly No matter how you look at it this genre of gaming will be fluffiness and repetitive no matter how much feed back we give. Look forward to it.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Eriane Elis
    World
    Exodus
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 90
    I agree that the teleporting back and forth thing is tedious and not very exciting. I don't really like games that make you go back and forth much and think of it as "filler" content or rather fake game time content. But I disagree and enjoyed the politics and other aspects of the quest-line to be interesting. It was like game of thrones in a sense, just not as well written but SE doesn't have the budget for that kind of production anyway. I've played many MMO's and FF14 is the one with the best story out of them in my opinion. I know there are people who don't care about the story or lore, just want to speed run dungeons, I'm not one of those people. But the story does keep getting better and better =)
    (0)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2