Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
    Player
    Character
    I'shtola Maqa
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Dancer Lv 90
    Verraise can still save from a complete wipe but i think some ever so slight potency increases and changes to embolden would help and it would not be OP.
    Other jobs have more utility and do more damage atm. So much for "balance" i guess across jobs.
    I do agree now though that RM does not get locked out so much
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Khuja'to Binbotaj
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 90
    RDM needs a verraise, or maybe two.
    (4)

Character
    Lilila Lila
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Machinist Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Lambdafish View Post
    RDM needs a verraise, or maybe two.
    You clever little... I see what you did there. Lol
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Vorx Dargo
    World
    Lamia
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 70
    Personally i don't see anything wrong with the current RDM. Its my fav class so i've experimented with different ways of using him. I'm a melee fan at heart and what i like about RDMs are they are the Jack of all Trade class, meaning they do a bit of everything. I actually found a good combo that doesn't use a lot of TP and throws some magic in as well.
    Basically i just use the starting melee attack, the second melee, followed by jolt ll, and finish with Drain. with this combo i can melee and do magic damage while not wasting buckets of TP. And if you use micro correctly, you add in the auto restore to TP. My TP barely ever goes below 3/4. That's just one of the little combos i've discovered.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Vorx Dargo
    World
    Lamia
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 70
    (Sorry post went over the limit)

You could also take it a bit farther by adding the jump back instant skill after the second melee attack, then micro jolt ll + Drain (drain of course is your auto cast.) You'll attack, get outta the way and heal a bit.
    In the past my tricks have never been popular among the "Elite" here but the key to drawing out a class's full potential is by experimenting like this. Seeing what works and doesn't work.
    (0)

Character
    Mhaeric Llystrom
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Vorx View Post
    (Sorry post went over the limit)
    As a tip, you can edit a post to bypass the limit, so I usually either post the first part and add the rest or just type "incoming post" to get the minimum 10 characters in and edit the full post in.

As for RDM, I've been thinking lately what mechanics they would add with the next expansion and level cap increase.

One way I can see them doing it is by adding a second burst phase that we build up to, similar to SMN which uses the Verflare and Verholy spells to build secondary verblack and verwhite gauges. The extra abilities we get from 71-80 would be a new melee combo to spend this new resource on, as well as some additional oGCD to manipulate it. E.g. Vermanafication ability doubles the verblack and verwhite gauges, and the Veracceleration ability lets us proc either Verholy or Verfire based off our next Veraero or Verthunder without needing to do the melee combo for a periodic extra boost to the new gauges.

E.g. Acceleration-->Verfire-->Verthunder-->Veracceleration-->Verflare once every 35s or 70s to allow it to line up with acceleration's cooldown.
    (0)
    Last edited by Mhaeric; 04-19-2018 at 02:40 PM.

Player
    Character
    Jkap Goat
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Weaver Lv 80
    RDM doesn't feel like a RDM in this game, it's more of a BLM but with a cure and raise .I just started to play ffxi and I'm loving rdm on that game more then ffxiv rdm. Rdm is a hybrid, it should act like one.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Vorx Dargo
    World
    Lamia
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Jkap_Goat View Post
    RDM doesn't feel like a RDM in this game, it's more of a BLM but with a cure and raise .I just started to play ffxi and I'm loving rdm on that game more then ffxiv rdm. Rdm is a hybrid, it should act like one.
    Yeah sadly you gotta get creative to play an RDM the way its meant to be, but for me personally i like discovering all the tricks. And if you guys haven't dabbed into micros yet RDM is a great class to do so. As i said i barely get below 3/4 TP and 2/3 MP. But i'm still putting out both melee and magic damage to hold my own along side SAM and MNKs.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Vorx Dargo
    World
    Lamia
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 70
    @Mhaeric

That's an interesting idea, definitely something that should be looked into.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Lennard Cruce
    World
    Typhon
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Vorx View Post
    Personally i don't see anything wrong with the current RDM.
    The problem with RDM is not how it plays, it's the low potencies of its attacks and a lackluster raid buff for post-prog.
    (6)

Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast