Player
    Character
    Karuru Karu
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    Fisher Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Mhaeric View Post
    You can with some spearfishing areas. They also said that a lot of it can be eliminated, not all of it. I assume they meant adjusting the RNG odds in your favour. E.g. Choosing specific baits at fishing holes when there are more than one option can greatly increase the chance of catching the fish you want.

That said, I agree than MIN/BOT are superior for scrip farming for several reasons.
    the biggest problem is that you usually need bait wich costs you yellow scrips to decently farm yellow scrips...
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Calista Fallon
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Tint View Post
    the biggest problem is that you usually need bait wich costs you yellow scrips to decently farm yellow scrips...
    Bait and the RNG factor. I was cursing today when needing short hits on the cast and instead getting 5-6 long casts in a row. Result: over a period of time is a total waste of stonefly larva which take me additional time to mine/bot collect. Everdeep aethersand take 1 kind of bait and it's costly in yellow scripts. Bait waste coupled with cordials make fishing very undesirable and so, few fishers. I rarely see anyone fishing on my server. Another pita is have to go fish another area after a while when fish won't bite. Cast 1 into a different water and then return to your needed area. Total dumb, unnecessary waste of time.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Caitlin Seraphim
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 90
    Besame, when the game tells you the fish are on to you, you just move a few steps and continue fishing. No need to go to another area.
    I do agree baits could be cheaper and there is too much rng to fishing really.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Calista Fallon
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Caitlinzulu View Post
    Besame, when the game tells you the fish are on to you, you just move a few steps and continue fishing. No need to go to another area.
    I do agree baits could be cheaper and there is too much rng to fishing really.
    Well I just learned something new and ty for that! I read long ago that you had to switch waters (names) for 1 cast when it said I should try another area hehe. I fish on a small piece of ledge atm but ez enough to move up for the next set, ty again!
    (0)
    Last edited by Besame; 04-29-2018 at 08:12 PM.
    "Fanboy is gaming jargon used to describe an individual that has gone beyond the point of being a PC or console game fan and, during online chats or discussions, shifts to defend the program at all costs, unable to take any criticism or acknowledge any shortcomings of the game or gaming console."

Player
    Character
    Alya Mizar
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 72
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadygrove View Post
    A lot of the RNG can be eliminated.
    Quote Originally Posted by DrWho2010 View Post
    eliminated how? you cant just go to a fishing hole and only get the fish that you want to catch. =p
    OK, let's use sweatfish as an example. Zagas kal (SP?) are the only other light tug fish, so right away you don't use a hookset for the medium hit fish. The zagas bite sooner than the sweatfish. Any light hit before your rod bobs 4 times is a zagas. They overlap with sweatfish at 4 - 5 bobs, anything over 5 is a sweatfish. Simply counting eliminates about 1/2 the zagas.

Quote Originally Posted by Tint View Post
    If you are reducing sweatfish you can afford to buy the bait on the MB....
    (0)
    Last edited by Shadygrove; 04-29-2018 at 11:52 PM.

Player
    Character
    Calista Fallon
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 90
    OK, let's use sweatfish as an example. Zagas kal (SP?) are the only other light tug fish, so right away you don't use a hookset for the medium hit fish. The zagas bite sooner than the sweatfish. Any light hit before your rod bobs 4 times is a zagas. They overlap with sweatfish at 4 - 5 bobs, anything over 5 is a sweatfish. Simply counting eliminates about 1/2 the zagas.

If you are reducing sweatfish you can afford to buy the bait on the MB....
    OH H&88 NO!!!
    (0)
    Last edited by Besame; 04-30-2018 at 09:26 AM.
    "Fanboy is gaming jargon used to describe an individual that has gone beyond the point of being a PC or console game fan and, during online chats or discussions, shifts to defend the program at all costs, unable to take any criticism or acknowledge any shortcomings of the game or gaming console."

Player
    Character
    Rintha Elenah
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 90
    Just to echo the person you quoted: "eliminated how?"
    Your method doesn't have any influence on the RNG of which fish will actually bite. It won't increase the amount of sweatfish bites.

All it does it inform to not waste gp on the wrong tug (which is still good info), but that's about it.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Alya Mizar
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 72
    No, I cannot control what bites save for whatever isolation the bait gives me. Example: Fishing for Ninja Bettas Midge baskets pull only ala migan fighting fish (83.3% and bone crayfish (16.2%).

I can control what I burn GPs on. Example: I never pull a crayfish.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Rintha Elenah
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 90
    No, I cannot control what bites save for whatever isolation the bait gives me. Example: Fishing for Ninja Bettas Midge baskets pull only ala migan fighting fish (83.3% and bone crayfish (16.2%).
    Which isn't the case for Sweatfish, or the majority of the other fish.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadygrove
    I can control what I burn GPs on. Example: I never pull a crayfish.
    Well yea, but that has nothing to do with RNG, nor does it eliminate any of it, like you initially stated.
    (0)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2