Player
    Character
    Kisa Kisa
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 84
    Quote Originally Posted by Ariane View Post
    You can do almost anything with tokens. You can keep the random loot with the weekly lockout and not increase how much loot you can get in a week, and still have a token system. An example is you make it so if you run the Alliance Raid three times in week and if you did not win any loot in those 3 runs, when you leave on the 3rd time, you get a token. The token can be traded in for one piece of gear that drops in that Alliance raid. The token puts you out on the weekly lockout for loot, so no getting two armor pieces in one week. You still can get lucky and get done quicker. The only difference now than before there is token to limit on how unlucky you can get.
    They don't track this unfortunately. The quickest solution is a hybrid token where you simply get a unified "collection book" for all the raids. So instead of Khloe's system where it's RNG, it's fixed. So if you want a piece of gear in the book, you run those raids, and you get that piece of gear, of which you get to select which job you want it for. If you feel like running raids for two weeks straight you could fill up the book and thus have a complete gear set for one job. No more "parts" or "coins" that fill up inventory space. They could even do that for the dungeons/tomes, though I think at present the tomes system is sufficient for getting through non-raid content.

So you might have something like "Deltascape/SigmaScape/??? 8-player Raids":
    "Adamantite (Accessory gear) of (job (select))" ( ) ( ) ( ) ( )
    "Adamantite (Body gear) of (job (select))" ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( )
    "Adamantite (Legs gear) of (job (select))" ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( )
    "Adamantite (Head gear) of (job (select))" ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( )
    "Adamantite (Hands gear) of (job (select))" ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( )
    "Adamantite (Belt gear) of (job (select))" ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( )
    "Adamantite (Foot gear) of (job (select))" ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( )
    "Adamantite (Weapon Main hand) of (job (select))" ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) (-) (-) (-)
    "Adamantite (Weapon Off hand) of (job (select))" (-) (-) (-)

So the seals are automatically filled as you do the raid (including each boss), and when you get enough seals to redeem it, you can pick the job you want to redeem it for and then it resets the seals for that line. If certain raids are new, you can only redeem one gear per week.

Quote Originally Posted by Chibishedevil View Post
    Just to chime in with an unpopular opinion. I come from a small FC, and not everyone is caught up in SB yet. I'm the only one at the cap story, etc. So, all my clears come from Duty finder until more of my FC catches up. I don't know anyone else I like enough to really do raid content and I find more often then not, I get toxic groups in raids. So I usually stick with the Alliance raids to gear up. I'm often running things on the class I need gear on, so this change is insulting. Not everyone runs the top end raids to gear up. This change assumes everyone plays ONE way and ONE way only. I hate it. It's often hard enough to get the gear I need to drop at all.
    I'm on Primal too, and I do everything with the Duty finder.
    (0)
    Last edited by KisaiTenshi; 04-21-2018 at 03:02 AM.

Player
    Character
    Novia Marius
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Gunbreaker Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Squintina View Post
    Had we gotten people who played well and fully geared jobs, I could have probably done 3 runs in that amount of time.
    Farming Byakko reminded me that having people play on their geared main will only help so much. Many people are legitimately awful and no armor or weapon will fix that.
    (8)

Player
    Character
    Cassandra Solidor
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Dragoon Lv 90
    The proposed change, which we agree would make people have to do more runs overall, might be balanced out slightly by being able to do more runs in the same amount of time.
    It won't, because RNG dictates everything. If you're only after a specific piece, you could be competing against two to seven other people. This alone can force you to spend hours running Rabanastre for a single drop since not only is the piece itself not guaranteed to drop, you, potentially, have less a chance of winning it. If they want to make things fair, simply introduce a token system similar to EX Primals. You either have to run Rabanastre ten times or get lucky that week with a drop earlier.

All this promotes is NA/EU running premade groups where every picks something beforehand. Those queuing in solo may have slower queues, especially once Pagos releases and people abandon Rabanastre en masse due to its awful RNG.

I can tell you right now, if a DPS who dies to every aoe wins my healer drop. I will let them die and leave them dead the reminder of the instance.
    (14)

Player
    Character
    Scarlett Dzian
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 76
    It's crazy. Especially cos you know the last boss will drop a body piece and basically everyone will roll just so they don't have to do it again till reset...

Play the job you want to gear. Now if as some people say people will only ever take there best geared job into content then why do they bother gearing alts at all.... clearly never going to use them.....
    (8)

Player
    Character
    Beastmistress Milk
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Black Mage Lv 60
    um.. You ever watched avgn? all those ways of saying "what where they thinking?" that is my reaction to MSQ roulette changes and this.

I need to ask, why is a playerbase in top gear, savage gear or what have you get priority or "same lot even" as that person entering at i290 or whatever? like having high right but i290 left? This change is the complete reverse why the need button exists in the first place, maybe they should just delete the need button? I mean... wtf?

if it was really a huge issue why not just have it drop a token for you to trade in for whatever gear you want? Why base it on rng anyway? this is pointless.

Maybe they did this change for the app. For 5 dollars of moogle coins, auto win something you greed on. If there is 2 or more premium users, you roll against each other only. If you lose the loot, oh well you lose 5 dollars. I wonder if anyone would defend that concept if they really did it. "Oh it is not loot boxes"

Quote Originally Posted by Nestama View Post
    I went on the assumption you were quoting them for 'people are unsubbing for x reason' and suggested you could use the search bar to prove them wrong. Finding evidence to prove someone wrong, etc (so the suggestion still stands).

As for Greed All, as I said in another thread, I don't see the issue. I hardly ever use 24-man raid gear for anything (other than glamour), even when it comes out and thanks to Eureka, even less so than before. Only on very rare occasions in old raids do I roll Need.
    I was talking about having proof to the claim that the Japanese player base needs this because of gearing alt problems O_o Also why did that even warrant a change? You think with our needs, them winning on alt gear for weekly lock out be easy since it goes to the ground anyway O_o then if more then one person wants it they both roll greed. Basically I am confused with this change because wouldn't this make it harder to gear alt job as well with the increased competition? I see no benefit from this change.
    (2)
    Last edited by Vstarstruck; 04-21-2018 at 03:16 PM.

Player
    Character
    Light Khah
    World
    Moogle
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Fyce View Post
    What kind of token system though? For example, Omega's can definitly make you run extra times to get what you want. So not all systems are good for the job.
    You get one token per cleared run. This token has then a daily limit and SE just have to pin down a number for each part of the gear set. Done

Keep it to the most recent raid thus people would still need to run older ones more times thanks to glamour.

And on top of that you keep it fair with tanks still being the only one that can need on tank gear and people can just use the job they love the most if they dont feel like going into this with the necessary other job and get their stuff with tokens. (Or a lucky greed roll if the other person does not need it)

The premise:
    So what he stated was the JP players actually queue up on their mains to get gear for their side jobs in order to ensure the run is as smooth as possible.
    And if its true and they care especially for good play shouldnt they kinda be good in every job they level? Thus the: just go into it with the job you need gear on is still fine.

For me I only see a reason to really gear up another job if I want to play that in endgame content (be it extreme, savage, or just the latest dungeons) thus I should be at least decent at this too.

I also dont believe that this would raise the skill level. Not in Japan (where they already should be playing good if they value team effort that much) and not here. I have seen people on their main job and still being really bad. So those wont change. Maybe you have a few that will now go into this on their main instead of other jobs but I am not sure if they will like the change after a time too because it hurts a lot of us. Those that need gear on their mains now have to roll greed against way more people and maybe losing out to someone that just needed it for glamour. The ones that play the harder jobs like tanks and healers might lose their roll against a DD that was death nearly the whole time. And those that gear up other jobs might not see an increase of getting gear since more people can roll on stuff and they themselves dont also have a need option for their job.
    (0)
    Last edited by Alleo; 04-21-2018 at 05:10 PM.

Player
    Character
    Reinha Sorrowmoon
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    Reaper Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Fyce View Post
    What kind of token system though?
    Let us buy one piece of gear with the weekly coin. Those who are already equipped with 260 tome gear can upgrade it as usual and those who need the catch up gear can buy an extra piece of alliance raid gear per week.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Remedi Maxwell
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    Goldsmith Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Bourne_Endeavor View Post
    All this promotes is NA/EU running premade groups where every picks something beforehand.
    Hold on a sec, what if they want to promote exactly this?
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Kisa Kisa
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 84
    Quote Originally Posted by Remedi View Post
    Hold on a sec, what if they want to promote exactly this?
    They have data already that shows them that NA/EU players would rather PUG, and that's pretty much the ONLY way to get casual players to play a teamwork duty, since they do not have the time to find players to fill a party if they only have an hour or so to play.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Remedi Maxwell
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    Goldsmith Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by KisaiTenshi View Post
    They have data already that shows them that NA/EU players would rather PUG, and that's pretty much the ONLY way to get casual players to play a teamwork duty, since they do not have the time to find players to fill a party if they only have an hour or so to play.
    It's possible but, I'm not really dropping this possibility considering what they did with eureka
    (0)

11. 04-21-2018 06:38 PM

Page 27 of 87 FirstFirst ... 17 25 26 27 28 29 37 77 ... LastLast