Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Player
    Character
    Aylis Tessier
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 80
    Really great post~! ^^ truth is I been doing a little playing around with this same thing starting a few days ago after I decided to get back into lancer again. Most of my results are similar to what was posted here. With a 293 STR, 581 AP and 236 Piety. 290 seemed to be the cut off point completely for STR and I had no real difference minor or major going from 290 to 293. Once we are allowed to readjust stats am going to swap somethings around a bit more to boost my piety up a chunk I think just because of what you said here.

Quote Originally Posted by Seiken View Post

Piety may still have an important role when trying to land stuns from Leg Sweep and Heavy Thrust
    I often solo a lot or do off tanking during parties and a lot of times my survivability in these situations depends on being able to land those heavy stuns sooo forgoing piety completely or putting it as a after thought worries me a little~.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Akira Torytomi
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Reaper Lv 90
    i wonder if drg has the same stat caps as lnc or if there higher
    (0)
    i7 12700k/EVGA RTX 3080 Ti FTW3 Ultra

Player
    Character
    Silvano Conri
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 60
    I want to know how this affects us!

[dev1316] The method in which player attributes are calculated into weaponskill attack power has been changed, resulting in an increase in the maximum amount an attribute can affect damage.

OP your last research was so good, I think you should do it again ^^
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Viritess Vonschalt
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 50
    Heyo, since i'm looking to start my lance/dragoon as i go, may i ask a question about stats and multiple classes. I didnt really want to start a new thread if i can avoid it. And couldn't find a clear answer.

Do attribute points on say a lancer, only effect the lancer? or if i level up a pugalist and i intend to main a lancer, should i spend the pugalist points towards lancer stats.

Basiclly what i'm asking is if all stat points across all classes effect eachother, or are they exclusive to just the class they are spent in/on Thanks!
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Shanoa Varhara
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Samurai Lv 90
    Stat allotment is separate for each class.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Viritess Vonschalt
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Kikosho View Post
    Stat allotment is separate for each class.
    Thank you Kikosho! Sorry for the semi-off topic.
    (0)

Player

I'll probably retest all the stat caps this weekend/Spring Break. Hope you can wait another week~ :p
    (4)

Player
    Character
    Vall Vandergard
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 50
    Thank you for your work,can't wait for the results!
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Edward Calloway
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 50
    I agree, Seiken your initial testing on lancer was very valuable to the FFXIV community, you did a great job, I know I for one as well as many other players would appreciate greatly another analysis for DRG.
    (0)

Player

I finally got done testing the new stats caps on all the relevant melee classes. SE made some pretty big changes over the stat system. I wasn’t able to go in depth as I wanted (testing dLVL mods, dDMG mods, etc), but I hope this is enough information for most players to get a good grasp on how to improve their overall DPS.

Methodology

I once again went back to using R52 Zahar’ak Halberdiers as my test subject. I followed previous protocol of getting a base “naked” statline and then increasing individual stats one at a time. Only 1-2 WSs were tested per job due to time constraints. Unless specified, Ifrit’s weapons were the default choice. A min/max deviation of 8% from the damage mean was used to determine min/max. For these trials I was less strict (I generally accepted 7.7%+ to shave time off testing).

Results

Strength
    Strength underwent a pretty major overall in patch 1.21. For DRG, MNK, and WAR, Strength has the highest return of any stat, point-for-point. On the R52 Halberdiers, I was getting roughly 0.8 dDamage/dSTR. That means for every 1 point of Strength I added, my damage increased by 0.8 for the weaponskills I tested. Furthermore, the “soft cap” for STR has been raised this patch. The new soft cap is around 350. This means that after you reach 350 STR, any additional damage bonus you receive is from the 3:2 STR:ATK bonus (which I reconfirmed this patch). The post-350 bonus is only 0.23-0.25 dDamage/dSTR, which is much less than any other stat modifier.
    It is important to note that Auto-attack is soft capped really early on with Strength. I didn’t pinpoint the exact value, but every Dragoon should be above this cap anyways so it’s not that relevant. The point is, STR has its biggest influence on Weaponskills not Auto-attack.

Piety
    Piety underwent the biggest stat modification for Dragoon in 1.21. Previously Piety had no influence on WS damage. Now Piety has a roughly 0.68-0.7 dDamage/dPIE. This means for every 1 PIE you add, you will increase your WS damage by 0.68-0.7. Unlike Strength, Piety has a “hard cap” around 310 PIE. This means that you will receive NO damage bonus for any additional Piety added.
    It is also important to note that Auto-attack is hard capped really early on with Piety. I hard capped Piety somewhere between 273 and 291, with an extrapolated value at 285. Every Dragoon should be getting Piety above this value so it isn’t that relevant. Still, like Strength, Piety has its biggest influence on Weaponskills.

Attack Power
    Attack for the most part remained unchanged in 1.21. There is still no obvious cap on high level monsters and Attack influences both Auto-attack and Weaponskills at roughly the same rate, 0.35-0.37 dDamage/dATK. The only thing that really changed about Attack is that compared to Piety and Strength, it has a much lower influence on WS damage now.
    It is important to note, however, that since Attack has no cap, it has the highest return on Auto-attack after STR and PIE cap early on.

Discussion
    Patch 1.21 has brought about some pretty drastic changes to stats. While I only tested 1-2 WSs, Strength and Piety seem to be the paramount stats to focus on for increasing Weaponskill damage. This is especially true with DRG (and MNK) since DRG has Keen Flurry and a host of low-cooldown WSs. Attack power still has some impact, but is not nearly as important as it was before. I still have to do some more research into boss fights. But I think WS damage composes the bulk damage (60-70%).

I will try to make a “poor man’s” and a “rich man’s” gear layout for DRG. Assuming you have my base stats of 255 STR, 244 PIE, 532 Attack with Ifrit Harpoon, you would need +95 STR and +66 PIE to cap.

Poor Man
    Weapon: Ifrit Harpoon
    Head: Paragon Crown (+10 STR/PIE)
    Body: Cobalt Habergeon with 2x PIE (+6 STR, +32 PIE, +6 ATK)
    Hands: Felt Braces + 2x STR material (+32 STR, +3 PIE)
    Waist: HP belt
    Legs: Felt Trousers + 8/8 STR/VIT (+ 12 STR)
    Feet: Cobalt Sollerets (+3 STR)
    Rings: 2x STR (+30 STR)
    Neck: Electrum Gorget (+25 ATK)
    Net: 348 STR, 289 PIE, 563 Attack (no food)

Rich Man
    Weapon: Ifrit Harpoon
    Head: Darklight Helm (+20 ATK, +15 STR)
    Body: Cobalt Habergeon + 3x PIE (+6 STR, +6 ATK, +48 PIE)
    Hands: Felt Bracers + 3x STR (+48 STR, +3 PIE)
    Waist: Veteran’s Field Bets (+2 STR)
    Legs: Felt Trousers + 3x STR/DEX (+25 STR)
    Feet: Darklight Caligae (+15 PIE)
    Rings: Flex position for Accuracy or ATK
    Neck: Electrum Gorget+1 (+30 ATK)

Net: 351 STR, 310 PIE, 588 ATK, (+ 22-58 Acc)
    *I only mention Acc since 1.21 has shown considerably lower Acc for melee, and
    Dragoon skills have inherent lower Acc.

Side Notes:
    I don’t really want to make a new thread for WAR and MNK, so just replace most of what I said about PIE in here with INT or VIT for MNK/WAR. All 3 had STR capped around 350 and PIE/VIT/INT capped around 310. They all had very similar rates as well. Furthermore here are some interesting testing tidbits~

Power Surge: Adds +39/39/40 or +118 ATK total to Dragoon.

Invigorate Bonus from AF: It’s only about ~300 more TP total for invigorate.

Fist of Wind AF Bonus: +10% cooldown reduction for +30% total. Note, you can equip the AF boots, activate Fist of Wind, switch boots and still have the bonus.
    (23)

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast