Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    Player
    Character
    Carraway Author
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Armorer Lv 90
    Thanks for the detailed retesting, Seiken. Looking forward to dLVL results. On DRG, I've noticed I need ~440-450 ACC to stay above 98% hitrate on Myrmidon Princess.
    (2)
    Last edited by carraway; 03-26-2012 at 05:52 PM.

Player
    Character
    Silvano Conri
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 60
    Would double or triple melded Hart Guisarmes not surpass the Harpoon now, especially with the more stress placed on stats? Also, a Tort Scale Mail with the materia(s) as opposed to the cobalt? I would test myself but I'm poor ;;

Edit: Also, what Parser are you using? I am trying to test the assorted weps and jewelry I have, but sometimes the Parser I use (BG's) doesn't capture all the data...
    (0)
    Last edited by Silvano; 03-26-2012 at 11:01 AM.

Player
    Character
    Boye Fran
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by Silvano View Post
    Would double or triple melded Hart Guisarmes not surpass the Harpoon now, especially with the more stress placed on stats? Also, a Tort Scale Mail with the materia(s) as opposed to the cobalt? I would test myself but I'm poor ;;

Edit: Also, what Parser are you using? I am trying to test the assorted weps and jewelry I have, but sometimes the Parser I use (BG's) doesn't capture all the data...
    It never could surpass ifrit's harpoon because of how big a difference the base dmg is.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Silvano Conri
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by BruceyBruceyBangBang View Post
    It never could surpass ifrit's harpoon because of how big a difference the base dmg is.
    Does anyone have parse data for this? This just means I need Ifrit's Harpoon more than ever to test it meself :3
    (0)
    Last edited by Silvano; 03-26-2012 at 01:12 PM.

Player
    Character
    Tarragon Lai
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Fisher Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Silvano View Post
    Does anyone have parse data for this? This just means I need Ifrit's Harpoon more than ever to test it meself :3
    You could do a poor man's version of it, get a polearm that has dmg = to what you're missing from the hart to the ifrits, the numbers will be askew, but it will give you a good view of the difference DMG rating has. (hart and vintage guisarme have 16 point difference, hart and ifrits have 16 point difference) It won't be perfect but it can serve as an illustration i would think.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Silvano Conri
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by Peptaru View Post
    You could do a poor man's version of it, get a polearm that has dmg = to what you're missing from the hart to the ifrits, the numbers will be askew, but it will give you a good view of the difference DMG rating has. (hart and vintage guisarme have 16 point difference, hart and ifrits have 16 point difference) It won't be perfect but it can serve as an illustration i would think.
    But then I would have to double meld the lower lance and get a NQ version of the Hart to reflect the difference, wouldn't I? lol I probably won't try another double meld for awhillllle.

Speaking of poor man's version though; why wouldn't you just take the AFs 10STR and 7PIE over the Double Melded Felt's 12STR?

Edit: If I'm bugging anyone with the questions, especially you Sekien, please let me know. I enjoy debating and discussing various ways of doing/testing things, as well as numbers ^^;
    (0)
    Last edited by Silvano; 03-26-2012 at 01:40 PM.

Player

Good suggestion Silvano. I honestly hadn't considered the AF armor, and I hadn't put too much thought into the poor man's gear set. I focused more of my attention on the more expensive version.

Also, if you guys really want to test the difference in weapon Base Damage, I would suggest using a naked Archer and firing different kinds of Arrows. That should be a cheap way to get the data. I've been meaning to do that myself for a long time now >.>

Another tidbit of data that me and my LS mate kaeko have been trying to analyze is that the "cap" for all the classes is not a fixed value. It has various factors that influence the caps. For example, If you parse on an Ifrit's Axe versus a Mog Axe you will find that the stats cap 3-5 points lower. If you wear a really low base damage weapon (I tested on a weapon with 59 base damage) you will find you have already capped your stats without wearing any gear. The frustrating part of the testing is that different Jobs/Classes have different Base Damage values for Ifrit Weapons, yet they all cap pretty much at the same values. Also, the base damage difference (as far I can tell) seems to be non-linear in stat cap influence. Most of this testing was pre-1.21 so once the game quiets down again I'll go back and revisit the data.

Just know that part of the reason why low base damage weapons do much less damage is because stats are capped earlier.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Tarragon Lai
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Fisher Lv 50
    I just know from playing with a double melded demilune vs. ifrits that the dmg isn't even close, ifrit's blows it away. Its a 30 point difference instead of 16, which makes the difference much much more noticable. I had a great lance til i got ifrits, it took me two seconds to decide which was way better.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Aion Zwei
    World
    Masamune
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 54
    Does power surge adds damage on WS? on the stats,we should optimize str first then pie right? what about the lack of accuracy?
    (0)
    Aion Zwei - Masamune

Player
    Character
    Tarragon Lai
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Fisher Lv 50
    You can make up for accuracy with electrum rings +1, but figure out how many you need for the stuff you are fightin so you don't waste a slot with overloaded accuracy
    (0)

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast