Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
    Player
    Character
    Juke Fm
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 73
    How will all these summons work into a rotation/opener and how many of ea summon you get in a whole fight how much is thee summoner doing for the downtime
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Feli Aiko
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    Dragoon Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Jukebox12 View Post
    How will all these summons work into a rotation/opener and how many of ea summon you get in a whole fight how much is thee summoner doing for the downtime
    I imagine the idea for this convoluted Job would be something like:

1. Summon Pet of choice based on encounter/comp (i.e. Melee or Caster-type)
    2. Throw cocktail of buffs onto said Pet
    3. Use Twin Summon (3min CD, 45s duration) to get second Pet with same cocktail buffs but at max duration

During this time you'd be expected to keep the GCD combos rolling on both Pets, nevermind the juggling you'd have to do with your own GCDs and oGCDs.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Catalina Schrodinger
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Reaper Lv 90
    Here's version 2. Lot's of changes have been made so it'd probably behoove everyone who actually cares to read through it again.

A couple of things before I get into the meat of this next version.
    Had couple people wondering about the varying elemental damage types, and how it's kinda pointless, even in Eureka. It's flavorful, and I like me lot's of flavor. Constantly dealing unaspected damage just seems so....bland. Boring, pointlessly so, especially when our three pets are the fragments of literal gods of their element type embedded in our soul and given shape by our very force of will.

Yes, I'm aware it's mediocre. Yes, I'm aware that numbers need to be adjusted, still working on that bit, but I think I got it at least in roughly decent place, if my math is right(Finding actual formulas for how to convert potency to damage at varying magic attack power levels and how to account for crit is hard), but if you see anything, please point it out. Please be aware that I do this for fun, and not profit, so let's all try to be respectful.

Ability List is HERE:
    https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...it?usp=sharing

THE BASICS:
    So in this HYPOTHETICAL rebuild of Summoner, because I don't really like the idea of being purely a dargin mage or a warlock, even if the class is pretty fun to play, the class is about three things.
    1. Using your pet as efficiently as possible. That means using your pet combos, paying attention to buffs happening with your pet and acting on them accordingly.
    2. Chaining together Primal Trance (Renamed and slightly reworked Dreadwyrm Trance) for as long as possible.
    3. Getting as many Elder Primal summons off as you can, and using them as efficiently as you can during their time frame (E.g. Using Command 2-3 times during their summon period, using as many of your pets abilities as you can while their up in order to squeeze out that extra bit of damages.

New thing from old SMN, Pet's have combos. These combos are activated by you in casting the Evoke and Convoke spells in varying orders.
    Each of your base pets has one of three different classifications. Attacker Pet, Caster Pet or Tank Pet.
    Attacker Type Pets are single target melee damage pets and include Ifirit and Leviathan
    Caster Type Pets are rangedAoE damage pets and include Garuda and Ramuh
    Tank Pets are, you guessed, it tanking and solo pets and include Titan and Shiva.

These classifications determine their combos and potency of their abilites. For simplicities sake we're going to use the Evoke and Convoke spells to show the combos!

Attacker Type Pets
    Evoke I->Evoke II->Evoke III= Bread and butter damage rotation
    Convoke I->Convoke II=Charge->Debuff

Caster Type Pets
    Evoke I->Evoke III->Convoke I->Convoke II=Higher damage
    Evoke II->Evoke III->Convoke I->Convoke II=Lower damage but Debuff application

Tank Type Pets
    Evoke I->Convoke I =Single target enmity generation
    Evoke II->Evoke III=Multi-target Enmity Generation
    Convoke II=Provoke
    Might seem a little complicated, I think people would get the hang of it fairly quickly.

RESOURCES
    So, here we have one base resource that gradually gets filtered up into something more potent, very similar to how it is on live.

AETHERFLOW
    Your basic resource, ability has been changed to be on a 30s CD and give 20% mana but apart from that it's functionally the same. Gives you 3 Aetherflow stacks to spend, and you can't overflow that to 4-5 so using them all before you recast Aetherflow is important. Your Aetherflow spender is Command, which has your pet do a moderate potency attack. It's an off GCD ability, like Fester is right now, so you're absolutely going to want to be using this on CD. I think another spender might be on the shortlist but that's a question for y'all.

PRIMAL AETHER
    This is your Aethertrails, Same basic use, 3 of these=Primal Trance (Reflavored and slightly reworked Dreadwyrm Trance) and you're capped at 3. The biggest difference is that these stacks and using Primal Trance does not lock you out of Aetherflow. So if you have Aetherflow off CD, and your in Primal Trance you're not going to lose out by popping it right there. You end this phase with Invoke, which is a reflavored Deathflare (Unaspected damage is BOOORRING).

ELDER ATTUNEMENT
    This is your Trance Gauge. It goes up to 2. You get one of these every time Primal Trance ends, so you want to actually fire off that Invoke before you reup your Primal Trance. This is what allows you to get access to The Big Boys, Odin and Bahamut. With these two Odin is the single target Elder Primal and Bahamut is the AoE Elder Primal. It's a little round about but the actual spenders for Elder Attunement are Invocation: Odin and Invocation: Bahamut., these do high damage to a single target and multiple targets respectively, and change the Summon Elder Primal button, to the Summon Odin and Summon Bahamut buttons. Again, change from live, Having Odin/Bahamut up doesn't lock you out of Primal Trance, and as an added bonus from live, with this change from the actual Summon spell being the spender, to having a spell that spends it before hand, it means you can start working towards the next Elder Primal summon while the current one is up. That seems fun right?

So here's a hypothetical opener that's totally been put together in 5sec just to show off a concept. This is single target pet and Odin.

Animate (OGCD)->Twin Summon(OGCD)->Convoke I->(0s)Command(OGCD)->Convoke II(2.5s)->Unleash(OGCD)->Evoke I->Command->Evoke II->Evoke III->Command->Aetherflow->(10s)Primal Trance(16s Duration)->Evoke I->Evoke II->Command->Evoke III->Evoke I->Command->Evoke II->Evoke III->Command->Invoke(OGCD)->Animate->Primal Trance(16s)->Convoke I->Convoke II->Evoke I->Evoke II->Evoke III->Evoke I->Invoke->Aetherflow->Invocation: Odin(OGCD)->Summon: Odin(20s)(OGCD)->Command->Evoke II->Command Elder Primal (Off GCD)->Evoke III->Command->Evoke I->Animate->Evoke II->Invoke->Command->Evoke III->Primal Trance->Convoke I->Convoke II->Unleash->Evoke I->Evoke II->Evoke III->Evoke I->Invoke->Evoke II->Aetherflow->Command->Evoke III->Evoke I->Command->Evoke II->Evoke III->Animate->Command->Primal Trance->Convoke I->Convoke II->Evoke I->Evoke II->Evoke III->Evoke I->Invoke->Invocation: Odin->Evoke II->Summon Odin->Aetherflow->Command->Evoke III->Command Elder Primal->Evoke I->Command->Evoke II->Evoke III->Animate->Command->Primal Trance

I guess the opener would probably end the same time the first Elder Primal Phase did, technically? Like I said, it's just a super rough thing to just show how things would flow.

Right! Change log!

GENERAL
    Potency adjustements, potency adjustments everywhere! The numbers probably aren't quite right yet, but they're getting there.

REMOVED
    -Infuse+Enliven
    (This seemed really superfluous in the wake of Animate being reset by Primal Trance, I just put those two spells onto animate, and focused the class more on maintaining as high up-time on Primal Trance as you can)

-Painflare
    (Superfluous because of the restructuring of the pets)

-Enkindle
    (Seemed a little bit unnecessary, and let SMN hypothetically start a fight with full resources, which seemed a broken, might throw this back in if people think it should go in)

-Rouse+Spur
    (After running some numbers these seemed overkill, especially the two of them together. Again, might throw these back in if people think the should go in, but I doubt it)

-Aether Overdrive
    (A clunky mess of an ability that did so many things it was kinda ridiculous, my original intention was a high-risk-high reward ability single target buff but everyone believes that it doesn't work, and after looking at it again, I'm inclined to agree.)

-Akh Morn
    (Doesn't make flavor sense, which was a big point of this, and Invoke already fills the slot that Deathflare filled)

-Invoke Phoenix
    (This was in here for flavor reasons, and the version that was posted was not the version that I wanted to post, which was the up to two other players within 3y of the primary target, but after further consideration, even that's too much so I removed it)

-Energize
    (Another button, another thing into the garbage. Someone brought up the point of so many MP/TP restoring buffs, and the whole idea behind that was to not lock you into choosing one specific class to have to cast it on. Removed after further consideration.)

-Divine Judgement
    (Again, like Akh-Morn didn't make Flavor sense, and these three spells together just allowed an absurd amount of damage going out in a single spike)

-Summon Alexander
    (Alexander and Bahamut occupied a similar slot in the class, and only one could stay, so I chose the one that was originally in the kit)

REMOVED PET ABILITIES
    The Pet Shields [Radiant Shield, Windwall, etc]
    (Extra buttons that didn't really do anything significant. Their old functionality as one of SMNs few raid buffs has been overwritten, so they were just really taking up space. Adding in that Windwall and Lightning Armor didn't really play well with the mechanics of the game, made it seem like a good time to go)

Pet Specific Evoke
    (These have been removed and worked into the new Trance ability)

Pet DoTs and elemental damage increases
    (These have been reworked into a small physical and magic vulnerability up debuffs

CHANGED ABILITIES
    Evoke+Pet Combo Abilites
    (The pet abilities are staying, however they're no longer something you put on your bar, as the amount of double-weaving required for this class would have simply been unfeasible, instead these and Evoke have been reworked into Evoke I, Evoke II and Evoke III, as well as new spells Convoke I and Convoke II)

Animate
    (As stated above, the funcationality of Infuse and Enliven has been merged into Animate)

Megaflare and Zantetsuken
    (These have been changed to Invocation: Bahamut and Invocation: Odin respectively, had their potencies reduced, and now require 2 Trance to activate. These in turn activate Summon Elder Primal, to either Odin or Bahamut, depending on which Invocation was used.)

Summon Elder Primal
    (Actual ability hasn't really changed, but activating it requires having used either Invocation: Bahamut or Invocation: Odin)

Trance
    (This ability has been changed to a passive trait that, in addition to changing the function, potency and damage type of the evoke spells, also gives a passive aura to the raid, still working on the numbers for that one, so feedback is always nice)

ADDED ABILITIES
    Embrace of the Triad
    (Had to have some kind of lvl 70 Capstone ability and since Bahamut being only at 70 is SUPER LAME, here's a recovery ability that kinda mitigates summoners super harsh floor tanking penalties, probably a bit OP, lemme know)
    (1)

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4