Player
    Character
    Winter Sandman
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by maestroanth View Post
    some people really enjoy that adrenaline pump.
    Yeah I used to enjoy it that adrenaline pump. But my heart literally feels like it is going to pop out of my chest it is pumping so fast and hard when I do feast. Two matches and I feel like I have just rode 3 miles on a bike at top speed. So for me it's not that it is unfun but I don't want it to literally kill me.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Lodestone Bait
    World
    Pandaemonium
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Wintersandman View Post
    Either that or there is nothing better that has come along.
    Well, what you're saying there sounds fairly monogame-ist.

If I feel like PvP, I play League of Legends - I played WoW, Dawngate, SWTOR, DotA2, Street Gears (;-; ), Counter Strike, Bloodline Champions, Heroes of Newerth, Starcraft 2, SMITE, Ultimate Ninja Storm, Guild Wars 2, HotS and several others over the years, but it just won out. Though occasionally, I still boot up WC3 for some custom maps (Doesn't take longer than getting a Feast match anyway). Not counting offline PvP, that baggage goes extra. My friends currently favor PUBG if they feel like PvP, Overwatch was trending for a while but died down.

Similarly, there is a slew of challenging games I rather play over raiding Savage - I did try Savage, but didn't like it. Instead of chocobo races, I'd rather just play Mario Kart, or even Blur. I don't really have a reference game for crafting/gathering. This game is my go-to address for socializing, dress-up, easy group content and RP. And forum PvP.

The point of my rambling? You're not tied to only play this game for all your gaming needs, you can cherry pick among the games on the market and there's a very good chance there are games that do certain aspects better than this, either subjectively or objectively. Those games are what this game's PvP has to compete with if it wants a players playtime. And while this game (and by extension its PvP) has a great advantage in the direct competition, because it comes as a whole package and most things come with all sorts of side benefits (Such as Mendacity for PvP, which helps PvE), that can only carry it so far.

With that said, I think that there are a lot of games (heck, amateur-made custom maps) that do PvP better than this game and I also think that this one could do it much better.
    We got, like, 70k people eligible for PvP in a data center. Discounting alts, say 50k. You only need 0,05% of that to make a frontline. That should be popping 24/7 with various queues, primetime shouldn't ever be less than 72 people, full stop. That's not a super ambitious goal. If only 10% of that playerbase is online at a time, that'd be 5k. You only need 1,5% of that in the queue for a 72 match, or have several 24 man matches in parallel. Double that to account for Feast if you will, it's still not breaking single digits. It should be do-able.

How? I'm not sure. I'd start with asking the playerbase in general, because that's the pool you're recruiting from. If they play PvP at all, what games they play, what modes they prefer, if they play this PvP as well and if not, why not etc. That's something they should have already done the first time they tried to rework PvP, if only to gauge how much potential PvP has in this game in general before running off with lolEsports. Alas!

*ramble ramble*
    (0)
    Last edited by Zojha; 04-19-2018 at 07:39 AM.

Player
    Character
    Winter Sandman
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Zojha View Post
    *ramble ramble*
    I have played lots of games. I didn't ramble off the entire list as I also played Rift, Tera, Swtor, Starcraft II. I played Borderlands (1 and 2), Halo, Call of Duty plus a myriad of other single player games (Non-PVP). I dumped 140 hours into DA Inquisition over 2 play throughs. First on Normal just for casually playing through and then on Nightmare for the challenge both with 100% completion. FFXIV is probably the only game I pickup because it is the easiest to pickup and have friends online. Being a console first gamer because my recliner is way more comfortable than any gaming chair (Also work a desk job so I don't want to go back to a desk), I have never played League of Legends and most likely never will. So sitting in front of my PS4, I have limited options if I want a PvP experience that doesn't involved a gun.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Kari Zev
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Ninja Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Zojha View Post
    Double that to account for Feast if you will, it's still not breaking single digits. It should be do-able.
    Wow, never thought of that, that makes my 70 min queue for feast in the primal time all weak long really sad.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Kari Zev
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Ninja Lv 70
    Prime time*
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Hex Pathcrosser
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Dragoon Lv 72
    I tried queuing for Feast over the weekend. I stopped when the timer hit 2 hours.
    (0)
    "We want bunny suits for guys!" -- OK! ✅
    "We want Ishgard housing!" -- OK! ✅
    "We want Viera!" -- OK! ✅
    "We want Cloud's motorcycle!" -- OK! ✅
    "We want Blue Mage!"-- OK! ✅
    "We want the ability to earn past Feast rewards!" - HAHA no that's sacred.

Player
    Character
    Eternal Arcadia
    World
    Faerie
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormfur View Post
    I tried queuing for Feast over the weekend. I stopped when the timer hit 2 hours.
    Are people doing weird things like clicking multiple languages? Jumping into queue at 12pm on a weekday?

My queues at night as a RANGED are 15-20 minutes, tank 15-20, melee 5-10.

How are so many people having trouble finding matches?
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Bubble'gum Blue
    World
    Masamune
    Main Class
    Dragoon Lv 53
    Quote Originally Posted by Nova_Rox View Post
    Are people doing weird things like clicking multiple languages? Jumping into queue at 12pm on a weekday?

My queues at night as a RANGED are 15-20 minutes, tank 15-20, melee 5-10.

How are so many people having trouble finding matches?
    We require more vespene gas.

LOL

Anyway... queue times are also dependent on tier. For example, you may see 15-20 minutes on ranged, tank, and 5 mins on melee in Platinum tier queue. But in the lower tiers, the queues may be dead.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Kari Zev
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Ninja Lv 70
    Yep, I've started not long ago and the queue times for low tier is really long
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Sunako Kirishiki
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 90
    Pvp is active once they release something new. It is pretty much same for all content.
    (0)

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast