Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Player
    Character
    Ea Sin
    World
    Faerie
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 90
    If you truly want to be portable across healers. Just keep yourself around the 1k piety level (meld accordingly) that's usually a comfortable spot for scholars. The rest is generally (though not always) Crit > Det.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Maya Lazywind
    World
    Louisoix
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 70
    Thank you all.
    I was more in thinking Det/Crit, because for WTM Crit is usually waste when it happens and not happening when I may want it. And Det is just flat out increase on everything. My SCH is in love with Crit on other hand, while AST is more neutral about it.
    Piety... well, only AST have Mana issues, but extended lucid usually help with that, and if really starving I would forgo roading refresh card and eat it myself. Though that is rare.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Ea Sin
    World
    Faerie
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 90
    The piety is for DPS on SCH. (As a general rule the added Piety is always for dps >.>).
    And the reason why people use crit over det is because optimized healer play in FFXIV revolves around doing more damage and crit is a huge component.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Cecelia Stormfeather
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Charred View Post
    Thank you all.
    I was more in thinking Det/Crit, because for WTM Crit is usually waste when it happens and not happening when I may want it. And Det is just flat out increase on everything. My SCH is in love with Crit on other hand, while AST is more neutral about it.
    Was getting 12,000 damage Stone crits in Rabanastre last night. Crit can sometimes be a waste on heals (although if the tank is low a crit Cure 2/Tetra is pretty great), but it's always excellent for more DPS.

That said, if you prefer Det over Crit, go for it! It'll work just fine.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Estellise Ciel
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 90
    I'd like to chime in and say that melding Direct Hit is a substantial increase in DPS due to how burst windows/party buffs work in this game. Det has the advantage of affecting healing as well, but the bonus is so tiny it will basically never save you from having to cast an extra heal, so it goes to waste.

If you want the maximum achievable damage you meld as much Crit as you can, then go for DH. Melding Det is still reasonable, but you won't be outputting the same amount of damage.
    (0)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2