Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast
    Player
    Character
    Jace Ossura
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Goldsmith Lv 90
    Hey so, if you undercutters could start undercutting on some Groundsloth pelts, I'd be real appreciative of that
    (4)

Player
    Character
    Liam Harper
    World
    Zodiark
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 90
    Decided to move off the Gazelle accessory market recently since they're selling much slower and for less gil lately with the new gear, so I priced my last few cheap to clear with a good 10% undercut. One guy who is a regular seller on that market has been undercutting my clearance items like crazy. He's literally halved the price of his market over a few days. Doesn't hurt me at all, rather amusing though
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Metoria Urundar
    World
    Moogle
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 70
    I don't have much of a problem with undercutting, except when it's excessive. Lately, I facepalmed over some guy trying to control the mame shiba market. Dude was selling like 10 of them, all at the lowest price. As usual, I sold mine a bit onver the minimum. Next day, price had been cut by 20 000 gils. Just this time, I undercut by a mere 2 000 gils to see what happens. 10 minutes later, he had cut all his shiba by 20 000 gils. I don't understand those people.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Sinsiew Dragonhunter
    World
    Louisoix
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalayel View Post
    I don't have much of a problem with undercutting, except when it's excessive. Lately, I facepalmed over some guy trying to control the mame shiba market. Dude was selling like 10 of them, all at the lowest price. As usual, I sold mine a bit onver the minimum. Next day, price had been cut by 20 000 gils. Just this time, I undercut by a mere 2 000 gils to see what happens. 10 minutes later, he had cut all his shiba by 20 000 gils. I don't understand those people.
    can you send that guy to Luisoix?
    (1)
    “Even the strongest of opponents always has a weakness”

Player
    Character
    Liam Harper
    World
    Zodiark
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 90
    Sometimes it's an aggressive "get off my market" tactic. He wants you to see that if you undercut him, he'll drive the market into the ground, thus hoping you'll give it up in disgust as unprofitable and move to a different market.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Metoria Urundar
    World
    Moogle
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by SinSiew79 View Post
    can you send that guy to Luisoix?
    Wish I could

Quote Originally Posted by Liam_Harper View Post
    Sometimes it's an aggressive "get off my market" tactic. He wants you to see that if you undercut him, he'll drive the market into the ground, thus hoping you'll give it up in disgust as unprofitable and move to a different market.
    Yeah, that's why I actually rose the price after that. Didn't want to play this little game. Funny thing is, I sold it shortly after that, certainly someone who don't like the market controlling type.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    F'iorin Rhiri
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Liam_Harper View Post
    No, sometimes people will do that to bait aggressive undercutters and then buying them out.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Ryaz Darksbane
    World
    Brynhildr
    Main Class
    Samurai Lv 90
    10 of them? Damn. I thought the dude on my server who undercut everyone else by 300k with one Mamaeshiba was bad enough.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    F'iorin Rhiri
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 90
    Lately the undercutting is getting really bad. Almost all the food isn't worth crafting; it makes no profit on its own. And a lot of the gear you sell at a loss versus selling the mats themselves.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Ellia Lombardia
    World
    Lamia
    Main Class
    Dancer Lv 90
    It pisses me off actually. I was in a war for 3 weeks on my server over the night pegasus whistle. Started out at 27 million and a guy kept undercutting me until it sold around 15 million. I wish you could know who was really doing it but it would be a violation of TOS I imagine. It's just really annoying and you need to live in game on the marketboard to constantly do it and when I'm out or at work and log in, I find my stuff undercutted D:
    (0)

11. 07-22-2018 01:31 PM

Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast