Player
    Character
    Katrisa Ashe
    World
    Ultros
    Main Class
    Leatherworker Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Caimie_Tsukino View Post
    Oh this is actually a pretty good suggestion... I've had my retainers named chocomeow and chocomeowmeow since ARR... Perhaps I really should rename my retainers as Caimies_Catnipshop and Caimies_Patisserie!
    Time to use those Retainer Fantasia that are covered in dust! We need to use those Retainer Fantasia to change names, right?
    You do... was really weird having to nakify my retainers in order to change their names. Talk about objectifying the poor girls!
    (0)
    Mama Kat of Terra Salis on Ultros: http://terrasalis.guildwork.com/
    My Youtube Videos: https://www.youtube.com/KatrisaAshe/videos
    Terra Magazine Articles - http://goo.gl/t7mwll

Player
    Character
    Emma'von Katzenstreu
    World
    Omega
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 80
    and after the app is released the marketboard is the hardest savage ultimate content in the game.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Katrisa Ashe
    World
    Ultros
    Main Class
    Leatherworker Lv 80
    I'm not super happy about that either Emma. Last thing any of us need is more ability to reprice our items.
    (2)
    Mama Kat of Terra Salis on Ultros: http://terrasalis.guildwork.com/
    My Youtube Videos: https://www.youtube.com/KatrisaAshe/videos
    Terra Magazine Articles - http://goo.gl/t7mwll

Player
    Character
    Cain Alushaun
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 78
    Whoever you are with the retainer named "Mrundercutter" or whatever it said...

(0)

Player
    Character
    Winter Sandman
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 70
    I only undercut if I need the gil. I am horrible at saving and so once I hit 10 mil I do something with it. For example I got up to 8 mil then dropped 6.5 mil on outfitting my FC's house. Then I will try to move stuff. Otherwise I just leave it be. People will erode the market for an item until it no longer is profitable or worthwhile to obtain and then the supply will completely bottom out making it valuable again. I would say just let it sit.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Lele Inoch
    World
    Zodiark
    Main Class
    Black Mage Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by CainCrimson View Post
    Whoever you are with the retainer named "Mrundercutter" or whatever it said...

I was competing with a retainer yesterday called "HowLowCanYouGo" guess what happend.
    (2)

7. 04-26-2018 05:49 AM

Player
    Character
    Mandar Magoo
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Botanist Lv 80
    I ignore it. As a gatherer someone will often list tiny amounts of something to drop the price, then buy up the stacks from whatever fool followed the undercutting and relist for more. XD Easy and sneaky way to make profit. People do it with lower level crafts as well if it's something that sells quickly.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Liam Harper
    World
    Zodiark
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 90
    If a market crashes too much for me, I'll pack up and move elsewhere. Very often it's a waste to undercut war with 6 people who've appeared out of nowhere and seem delighted to get half the value an item has been selling for the last 3 months. It helps to dip your hands in many markets rather than rely on one or two.

Sometimes you'll check back in a few weeks and find the undercutters got bored of low profit crafting and left and you can get back to that market.

Endgame markets are particularly difficult lately I've noticed. A lot of lv70 items have dropped to half price or below in just the last 2-3 weeks. Less demand and a lot of crafters hitting 70 now.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Tempest Deep
    World
    Twintania
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by KageTokage View Post
    Not really sure if this belongs here, but I figure others who are into crafting would have the best idea of how to handle it.
    I was in a trade war for a long time running (the other seller even sent me tells to get out of the market, lol.) I handled it by gathering/making all the stuff myself and pricing it so that I made more profit than the constant undercutter. If he's undercutting every 5 minutes, he's not gathering himself so there's a threshold he need to met to make a profit. If you're gathering stuff, your resource is your time. If nothing else, you can piss him off. The materia you get from SBing gear when you QS stuff is a nice bit of extra change too.

Quote Originally Posted by MuseTraveller View Post
    It doesn't bother me much. The item gets sold eventually.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seraphor View Post
    Pretty much. Undercutting is only ever temporary. If the item is worth what you've listed it for, then it will be sold once the 'undercut' items have cleared the board.
    If you're impatient for a sale, then join in the undercutting, the lost revenue is the price for your impatience. If you're not impatient, just wait.
    That doesn't always work though. I once was of that mind but have since come across people who'll have like made items and either list them all at once or relist once they sell so your item basically doesn't sell. On the potion markets, it's worse. Some people have like 10 or 20 listings and will undercut you with them all. People do that to drive people out of their markets and it works.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Tempest Deep
    World
    Twintania
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Rinuko View Post
    I was competing with a retainer yesterday called "HowLowCanYouGo" guess what happend.
    I really wanna name a retainer "YUGottaUndercutMeh". But that starts with a letter Y. I prefer my retainers to have A names.
    (0)

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast