Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast
    Player
    Character
    Kairi Kokoro
    World
    Kujata
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 80
    Hold water? I'm questioning if that was the figure of speech I was looking for.
    (0)

Character
    Deionarra Eidolon
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    I don't think there's much hate for falafels (that's an affectionate nickname for me - I played a Taru for over a decade in FFXI). I will say, though, that it's easier to come off as a dirty little creep when you're small enough to give the impression of looking up another character's skirt.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Kairi Kokoro
    World
    Kujata
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Vhailor View Post
    I don't think there's much hate for falafels (that's an affectionate nickname for me - I played a Taru for over a decade in FFXI). I will say, though, that it's easier to come off as a dirty little creep when you're small enough to give the impression of looking up another character's skirt.
    ...I... Didn't even think about that, but I'm glad I went with Max height now. But I also went with Max boob size. Not that you can tell LOL
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Kairi Kokoro
    World
    Kujata
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 80
    Also, heh. Falafels. That\\'s actually pretty funny.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Krotoan Argaviel
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Reaper Lv 90
    You all look like little walking hams... delicious... .. wobbly hams.. on those little ham legs..
    (4)
    WHERE IS THIS KETTLE EVERYONE KEEPS INTRODUCING ME TO?

Player
    Character
    Kairi Kokoro
    World
    Kujata
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 80
    This might just be because I'm on mobile but this post reached 3 pages in half an hour, holy shit that's fast.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Kairi Kokoro
    World
    Kujata
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Krotoan View Post
    You all look like little walking hams... delicious... .. wobbly hams.. on those little ham legs..
    Umm... iiiiiii don't think it's us people should be creeped out about.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Morgoth Bauglir
    World
    Louisoix
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 70
    I think they just fear us. They can't stand that we are taking over Eorzea and so all they can do is hate.
    It's true that characters like Teledji Adeledji have left kind of a bad impression at least story wise, but that's not the majority of lalas. What about Tataru Taru? Her cuteness defies race.

BTW if you're on a mobile device, you can click on settings and choose "desktop version" and it will show that website as if you were on a computer.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Kairi Kokoro
    World
    Kujata
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by 89eru View Post
    so much snip
    Is that a f***ing knife
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Enkidoh Roux
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 90
    Much of it is just a continuation of jokes and memes about FFXI's similar tarutaru race, where it was there it was more just humorous banter about their out-of-proportion body shape (their heads were as big as their bodies - believe it or not lalafell are actually better proportioned), and even then it was mostly limited to jokes about eating taru and 'tarupunting' (aka 'taruball' - you have exactly three guesses as to what part the taru played in that! ).

To me it was (mostly) never mean spirited and was all in good fun (and taru gave as good as they got, I remember one time in Lower Jeuno after one such player shout out about eating taru, a taru player responded "Don't eat more taru! Eat more GALKA!!" (galka are FFXI's counterparts to roegadyn).

So all the jokes about lalafell being food and stuff is mostly just a continuation of FFXI taru jokes (it also doesn't help that the very word 'lalafell' sounds like an actual food which is ironically ball-shaped.... ).
    (4)

Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast