Player
    Character
    X'rho Haku
    World
    Zalera
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 54
    Quote Originally Posted by TaleraRistain View Post
    I'd be fine if they just stop making you go through the cutscene each time.
    Yeah that would do it for me. You can only click through the prancing and explosions so fast. I mean, it's fun and everything until you've seen him do it something like 300 times. So yeah, second this.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Ayis Luola
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Fynlar View Post
    This won't happen, because the materia you receive back is dependent on the materia you give him. You won't receive back a traded materia, so it will improve your odds of actually getting a desirable materia if you give him 5 different kinds of undesirable materia, rather than say, 5x Intelligence materia.
    it's just what I want to happen in a perfect world type thing. Other, simpler and easier to implement, options have already popped up in the thread. Such as not having us go through the menus again just to get back to the transmutation menu to do it all over again. Seriously, this alone could cut the time spent at this one NPC in half.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Fynlar Eira
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 90
    There's stuff that could be trimmed down for sure, but just saying that the whole "give 50 materia, receive 10 materia back" thing cannot happen, because for any particular transmutation the system is specifically designed to not be able to give back the materia you used in the transmutation, therefore his whole business pretty much has an inherent "each transaction must be handled separately" clause. The game would not be able to properly determine which materia should be used in each "transaction" if you just handed him 50 at once.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Seraphitia Faro
    World
    Midgardsormr
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Fynlar View Post
    The game would not be able to properly determine which materia should be used in each "transaction" if you just handed him 50 at once.
    Why not?! It's a matter of just making materia sets. For example, opening the transmutation could open a window similar to inventory window, five boxes wide, let's say ten boxes high. Every line is its own transmutation and if it will be filled with five materia, a little lamp will turn on the side showing that they will be transmuted. Fill in as many or as few lines as you want to transform multiple materia all the while following the rules of a single transmutation. To make filling it up even easier, make changes to the way the game recognizes dropping objects in a stack. If you hold a stack of let's say 10 Intelligence V materia and click on one of these slots, it's filled with one piece of the materia and you still hold the stack of 9 to quickly fill multiple slots.

There. An easy solution to significantly speed up the transmutation, while still making each a unique instance for the game.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Souji Hanamura
    World
    Exodus
    Main Class
    Astrologian Lv 90
    Given that the crafting menu can remember your choices on materials, it'd be great if it could remember our materia choices between each mix (with, ofc, not having to leave the menu). If I have 50 vit v, 45 mind v, 50 crit v, 50 ss v, 50 piety v, I want it to remember that composition and for me to be able to spam the "go" button 45 times (with no cutscenes, omg, just give me a hq fish sound or something when I crit) and then have the menu open for me to replace those mind v with something else when the stack runs out.
    (0)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2