Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Player
    Character
    Gunks Foy
    World
    Adamantoise
    Main Class
    Black Mage Lv 80
    That would be ACT, when I said don't talk about it I meant the graphic mod. But as far as I know, if you mention anything about parsing and get reported, it's bannable. Harassing people is just an easier way to get reported. If you're using "illegal" software, and get reported discussing it, you can be banned, is my understanding.
    (0)

Player

Thank you from the future 3 years later. Saw some on twitter and wanted to dl but do NOT want to get frozen for an image mod. XD
    (0)

私の手ぎゅっと握りしめて
    いつもこう言ったね…

Player
    Character
    Valdi Vikri
    World
    Midgardsormr
    Main Class
    Blacksmith Lv 80

Question

Hey, i know this is like 2 or 3 years super late, but... i was wondering will i get banned if i use graphic mods like tattoos and better beards while streaming? i mostly stream just so that my gf can see the gameplay.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Krotoan Argaviel
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Reaper Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Viccree View Post
    Hey, i know this is like 2 or 3 years super late, but... i was wondering will i get banned if i use graphic mods like tattoos and better beards while streaming? i mostly stream just so that my gf can see the gameplay.
    Yes.

That's all modifying game files, which is against their TOS. Do not stream it or you risk being reported and banned and losing your account.

EDIT: or use discord or the like to stream so only she can watch.. unless your GF is a NARC.. in which case I cannot help you.
    (0)

Player

Yes, they banned an entire cartel.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Sabrenn Zaeis
    World
    Lich
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Voltenyne View Post
    Regarding Mods and Third Party Tools

Installing and playing with these is a violation of the FFXIV Terms of Service. As such, our answer to “Are mods allowed?” would be “It’s prohibited by the Terms of Service.”

The developers also do not have the right to confirm what kinds of applications are installed on your computer or smartphones, and do not have the right to ask you to refrain from using certain applications.

Suppose we were asked “Are we allowed to use FFXIV and voice chat programs at the same time?” Voice chat doesn’t directly interact with FFXIV’s data, and whether it should be considered a third-party tool is ambiguous, so it’d be difficult to provide a definitive answer. Even ACT, which calculates damage values based on the battle log displayed in-game, is difficult to determine as a tool or not and would be considered a grey area.

With that ambiguity in mind, the development and operations teams have taken the stance of “Please don’t use third party tools.” This is because using third-party tools puts that player’s account at risk.

We understand some of you would like us to clearly define what’s allowed, or simply prohibit all tools. However, it is impossible to individually verify an infinite number of applications and software, and we cannot determine what would be considered “all tools” due to the ambiguity of what constitutes the definition of a “tool” in the first place.

Finally, we’d like to explain our policy on plugins, such as those for ACT. In the category of plugins, there are some malicious ones that negatively disrupt game balance or fraudulently manipulate memory. Some examples include the plugin that automatically placed waymarks that was widely talked about in the community, and the plugin that placed self-made graphics on invisible AoEs to make them appear to be visible. Keep in mind that these have an extremely high risk of resulting in a penalty. The development and operations teams have been working on the system side to prevent these types of malicious plugins.

Tools, reporting wars, penalties... these wouldn’t be relevant to you if you were enjoying the game normally. We’d like for players to enjoy the game itself, and we also would like to enjoy working together with our players as we develop the game.
    From the team themselves. I had to shorten it so please go check the thread linked in the quote.
    (0)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3