Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Linkshells...

Player

Linkshells...

Are you in a linkshell that has over 100+ members but when you log on and say (Hello) in it you get 1~3 replies?

Are you ina linkshell that has 100+ members but when you try getting a party to do anything at all you cant get more than.... 1~3 people?

Are youn a linkshell that has 20+ high crafters but when you ask in LS chat for a repair
    a synth or a meld you get 0~1 replies?

Are you in a linkshell that has 100+ members but can only recognize 10 of the names you see in the LS members list while scratching your head thinking
    "hmm who are all these people? and where are they"

Are you in a linkshell that works hard towards gearing up it's leaders but when it comes to you the leaders are nowhere to be found?

Are you in a linkshell that has no planning, no future, no schedule whatsoever?

Are you in a linkshell that consists of mostly linkshell hoppers that only hop on your linkshell whenever they want to get a party to get something for themselves and as soon as they got it they immidiatelly fade away into the shades again wearing another crest overheads untill the next time they need you again?

Do you own a linkshell like that?

My question is... what is a linkshell for you?
    Post below guys.

Just asking questions guys don't turn this thread into a hate thing please..
    (5)

Player
    Character
    Hope Estheim
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by YuriSan View Post
    . . .

My question is... what is a linkshell for you?
    Post below guys.

Just asking questions guys don't turn this thread into a hate thing please..
    Personally, I'm in two linkshells with 30~60 members and I can pretty much say that I know at least 3/4 the people in both of them, and talk to both just about every hour I'm on; my biggest problem is having to switch back and forth every few seconds to carry conversations sometimes. If they adedd a system where we can use /l1, /l2, /l3, etc. to talk to our multiple linkshells without having to switch our "active" linkshell, I think many of the problems you mentioned--LS hoppers, for example--would be less common; certainly, my life would be a lot easier.

If you have 100+ member LSs with active members that don't ever talk, chances are someone just handed it out to everyone they met. If you have a 100+ LS with mostly inactive people, it probably consisted largely of people who didn't subscribe at the end of the non-sub period.
    (1)
    Last edited by Mychael; 01-28-2012 at 06:00 PM.

Player
    Character
    Mocha Momocha
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 80
    There seem to be a lot of people who think that linkshells are synonymous with guilds/legions/supergroups from other games, when in reality they're essentially just invite-only chatrooms.

To me, a linkshell is just that - a way for people who enjoy playing together to chat and organize freely, without the overhead and structure that comes with more involved collections like guilds.
    (2)

Player

Well.. laugh - I'm on Palamecia.. that translates into dead boringness.. but yeah I'm in a decent Linkshell although I'm new in it. As far as your questions go, most of them end in negative answers. There's no reason why I should had leveled to the max level on my own, and now doing the same on my second class. The "community" on my server.. sucks.. so the Linkshells fall into that category. Just waiting on those transfers / mergers.

I made a character just to check server population.. Fabul and Kashuan are suppose to be the lowest - they had 280 and 300 players respectively.. Palamecia sits on 160ish.
    (2)
    Last edited by Bulwarkz; 01-28-2012 at 05:49 PM.

I do believe I helped suggest the Excalibur server name! http://forum.square-enix.com
    /ffxiv/threads/37465-Reassessing-the-Merger-of-FFXIV-Worlds-%2802-13-2012%29?p=552315&viewfull=1#post552315 <('o'^)

Player

Quote Originally Posted by Dreamer View Post
    When in reality they're essentially just invite-only chatrooms.
    Hmm. What makes you say they are just chattrooms?
    Can't they be a well organized community of people who work together for something?
    Also i have another question for you. Have you mostly been doing stuff in everchanging pickup parties?
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Thal Icebound
    World
    Ravana
    Main Class
    Dancer Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamer View Post
    There seem to be a lot of people who think that linkshells are synonymous with guilds/legions/supergroups from other games, when in reality they're essentially just invite-only chatrooms.

To me, a linkshell is just that - a way for people who enjoy playing together to chat and organize freely, without the overhead and structure that comes with more involved collections like guilds.
    The difficulty is in distinguishing between the groups that consider themselves a major guild and those that are just social hangouts.

I'm currently in one of each. Fortunately, these two shells don't get the problems listed above (one has stayed strong for yonks), but I've been in a few that have had those problems. Usually, when a key member or two decide to stop playing, the glue in the shell dissipates. Eg: Doblyn Riders and Ether, just to name a few.

I make a point of actually breaking my pearl when I consider the shell dead.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Eldaena Vonxandria
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 80
    Surprisingly I don't have this issue. My linkshell only has about 25 members, but there is almost always people on. However, I have heard of other Linkshells having these issues, especially after subscriptions started. It's also a void silence I would imagine happens between content bursts, lol. On our server there are lots of pick up groups happening though, so maybe your population is just particularly low? Nonetheless, I think some people just make linkshells to get things going somewhere (whether it be into the ground is up to them), then there are some linkshells that have more dedicated players and purpose.

Edit: There are a group of players on our server that have maxed out linkshells though. So, I guess I understand when someone might say they are a glorified chat room.
    (0)
    Last edited by Eldaena; 01-28-2012 at 05:57 PM.

Player

Hmm. What makes you say they are just chattrooms?
    Exactly what she said. Productivity as an 'entity of players' in non-existent.
    (0)

I do believe I helped suggest the Excalibur server name! http://forum.square-enix.com
    /ffxiv/threads/37465-Reassessing-the-Merger-of-FFXIV-Worlds-%2802-13-2012%29?p=552315&viewfull=1#post552315 <('o'^)

Player

Quote Originally Posted by Bulwarkz View Post
    Exactly what she said. Productivity as an 'entity of players' in non-existent.
    And that's ok in your opinion or you just stating the facts?

Also there are linkshells that grow strong due to the fact that their members are united, dedicated and proud wearing their linkshell's crest.. which is the reason why they achieve things that make them famous among other servers.
    (1)

Player

And that's ok in your opinion or you just stating the facts?
    May just be my server environment and my own personal experience.
    (0)

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast