Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast
    Player
    Character
    Loki Lux
    World
    Lamia
    Main Class
    Gunbreaker Lv 80
    There's been a lot of bad random's lately, so I stopped tanking unless its with my FC.....

It's not worth the stress.
    (1)

"Within each of us, the potential for great power waits to be released."

Player
    Character
    Sunako Kirishiki
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 90
    It depends lot of content. For casual content tank is probably rare because most players that start the game want safe way use dps, so nobody can blame them if something happens. For savage content tank is not really that rare anymore because dps have lot more responsibility. Ninja have become really rare in pug parties imo, even more rare than tanks and healers.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Yuri Goggles
    World
    Ultros
    Main Class
    Botanist Lv 80
    Because you're right, nobody plays tank. Healer also isn't that popular, so I can't really tell which is less played, but given the adventurer in need bonuses as my purely anecdotal evidence, I'd say tanks are played probably the least. It's not exactly surprising either, because tanking is combines all the excitement of doing tax returns with all of the risk of driving a short bus in a blizzard: It's dull, annoying, and if you crash then congratulations on killing the passengers.
    (5)

Player
    Character
    Reinha Sorrowmoon
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    Reaper Lv 90
    I feel like more people have started playing tanks recently. Every time I open the PF and look for dog farms all the tank spots are taken. Hopefully people swap back to dps for the next 24 man because those queue times will be no fun otherwise.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Valentyne Laska
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Dancer Lv 90
    If they introduce a greater plethora of tanking jobs, the problem would be a lot less pronounced.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Dhaid Burt
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    Blacksmith Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Fendred View Post
    If they introduce a greater plethora of tanking jobs, the problem would be a lot less pronounced.
    For a little bit, sure. But the problem of 'eh, I don't wanna pub with my tank' when you reach the level cap is still there.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Senah Kha
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 90
    I'm a tank main but I've only been doing Eureka lately, so I haven't been in roulettes. Before Eureka, I had already leveled all of my tanks to 70 early on and was leveling healers and dps so I wasn't joining roulette on tank. Now that everything is at 70 I'll probably hop back in once I've gotten what I want out of Eureka.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Rozemyne Shyahoro
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 90
    I'm back to refusing to tank for pugs because duty finder often pairs me with unpleasant people. People who hurl insults even if you play very well doesn't exactly make it very motivating.

So that's one less tank in the pool for you.
    (4)

Player
    Character
    Izsha Azel
    World
    Exodus
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Fendred View Post
    It would only 'fix' it for leveling roulette and only temporarily. When they add a new job, everyone and their mom wants to level it at the same time (nin, Drk, rdm, sam, etc). But SE has even commented about the number of tanks. When they added Drk, overall, the only people that actually played drk frequently were people that already tanked. Wars/plds swapped to drk, not melees and healers. This is why they were confident in adding two hyped up DPS jobs of Sam and Rdm without any new healers or tanks in stormblood because they already knew that they didn't need to add a tank to 'balance' the DPS jobs. After the initial rush, people settle back into the same roles they always played so just adding a new job doesn't actually fix anything in the long run. We have the same players playing the same roles in the end.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Derio Uzumaki
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 90
    Not entirely true. I was a SMN before DRK came out. In fact I didn't start PLD until DRK was announced. While I am probably only 1% of the player base. A new tank job introduced converted this dps player to a tank player.

But Eureka takes alot of the tank population out of the pool
    (0)

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast