Player
    Character
    Makeda Fyah
    World
    Ultros
    Main Class
    Reaper Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Maero View Post
    In no way am i knocking down Palace as myself i used to enjoy it with friends and we almost made it to floor 200 back when it was first introduced
    but alas one of the dps killed us all and we never went back, haha
    I actually detest Palace of the Dead... :P

I wish I could take my leveling toons into Eureka.

I also wish DPS queue times were shorter so I could use regular dungeons to level secondary jobs/classes and not PotD, but as a main tank since 2006, I get why it is what it is.

I get the target dummy use for perfecting a rotation. But I need "live" targets to perfect the whole 'gestault' of the process. Especially as I've always been a tank, so I need to relearn... and well... as we all know it is easier to see somebody else mess up than yourself... so as a tank I have long observed DPS that lack situational awareness and those that have it... with dungeons queues being so bad, PotD is the place "left to me" to learn the be in the latter rather than former camp...

So... to get closer to the topic...

On the most in demand class... Ninja. I am baffled about why... why is it in demand when I am finding it so fun to play that I expected it would be super popular and saturated...

I'm finding Ninja both amazingly fun and not all that hard to do the Mudras on... I am told this class is in hyper demand because nobody plays it... I don't get that... for me mastering it took almost as much time as mastering Red Mage... as in... super easy to get things down. Is it the issue of remembering what combination of Chi - Ten - Jin leads to what?

Because I figured out that all that matters is 'use 2 or 3, and what goes last'...
    - Once you have that down... the combos just fill themselves in for you.

The only downside is I start to become hyper 'go go go' and find myself staring at tanks that stall before a pull and then glancing at the time left on my huton bar... and wondering if he'll noticed if I pull for him... :P

(Basically the class is training me to become the DPS that I hate when I'm a tank... but just like playing Fire Mage in WoW taught me, as a tank, why I should pull faster... Ninja is now showing me why as a tank here... I should pull faster...)

When I look at Ninja though... I kind of expected this to be the class that had the most people playing it... not the least. A short number of things to track, and a cool toolkit to rapidly expand the kinds of damage you do. I can do binds, slows, single and aoe, and more - all without having to make more keybinds...

I would have expected the most in demand class to have a reason for people to not be playing it... But I guess, if it's the mudras; the thing other people dislike is the very thing I like.
    (0)
    Last edited by Makeda; 04-14-2018 at 05:04 AM.
    Striving for perfection is the path to one's downfall. 'Tis the paradox of the immaculate carrot. | Jah Bless. One God, One Aim, and One Destiny - Marcus Garvey.
    Until the philosophy which holds one race superior and another inferior is finally and permanently discredited and abandoned, everywhere is war - Ras Tafari.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4