Player
    Character
    Dhaid Burt
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    Blacksmith Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Wintersandman View Post
    Go farm gaganaskins for an hour and tell me how you fair. When you compare farming bone/leather/meat to a miner/botanist item the two aren't even comparable.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seraphor View Post
    I think a better option than either of these would be something like a Hunter or Trapper.

This way you have 'Triggered Traps' just like mining and botany.
    The problem and a good solution. I'd love a reason to use stealth more, as we could have to delve into deep dangerous caves in order to get the right skins. Shepard sounds like a retainer rather than an actual DoL.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Winter Sandman
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Dhaid View Post
    The problem and a good solution. I'd love a reason to use stealth more, as we could have to delve into deep dangerous caves in order to get the right skins. Shepard sounds like a retainer rather than an actual DoL.
    I agree with you and Seraphor that Hunter/Trapper is better. I just came up with a concept and through it out. If it gets adapted from there I am all for it as long as it solves the problem.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Cain Alushaun
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 78
    I would rather have a Tracker as a new DoL, implement a new footprint/scent tracking system with tiers of strength tied to creature level.
    This could be a DoL required to have one or two defensive moves but able to last long in the field. It could have a night vision skill, and possibly able to help locate and bait out Mounts.

/dreams
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Luin Vereist
    World
    Lamia
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by DrWho2010 View Post
    there are infinite amounts of mobs however. sounds like a lot of sour grapes to me. just my 2 cents
    There are most definitely not. Battlecraft farming is the most obnoxious farming in the game and it's one of the most mandatory. It's one of the primary reasons people level retainers and have multiple retainers. Tiger Skins, Gagana Skins, Manzasiri Hair, there's a fortune to be made there. I go grind waiting for queues.

You can have a hundred people hit Silvergrace every hour. But mobs have respawn timers and when I can kill all the Manzasiri and my first one hasnt even respawned yet, how is anybody supposed to compete? I'm only 1 person and I can dominate an entire mob and all its drops.

Edit - Adding an entire new DoL job with annoying minigames smacks of 1.x to me. Why cant we just make DoL gear multijob, and allow Perception/Gathering to alter drop rates while on DoW/DoM jobs?
    (1)
    Last edited by Luin; 04-06-2018 at 09:26 PM.

Player
    Character
    Winter Sandman
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Luin View Post
    Edit - Adding an entire new DoL job with annoying minigames smacks of 1.x to me. Why cant we just make DoL gear multijob, and allow Perception/Gathering to alter drop rates while on DoW/DoM jobs?
    I don't want minigames either. I would also prefer they have shared gear.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Alya Mizar
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 72
    Quote Originally Posted by TaiyoShikasu View Post
    Is it really a new idea when this was on the list of things to be implemented in 1.0? ...
    It was in the 1.x .dat files and even had a guild hall, but they never did implement it.

I rather doubt they will but if they ever do it will be in an expansion.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    I'shtola Maqa
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Dancer Lv 90
    While it is nice to think of other different dol and would be very welcome to have more finally.. But SE made it rather clear shutting down the idea of more dol.
    Despite having several crafters, way too many dps and multiple tanks and healers. I guess there is no care for dol
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Maximum Powerful
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 90
    I honestly cannot think of another type of job that isn't already covered somewhat by what we have already for DoH/DoL.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Winter Sandman
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by DrWho2010 View Post
    I honestly cannot think of another type of job that isn't already covered somewhat by what we have already for DoH/DoL.
    No DoL to harvest leathers/meat.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Timmyz Darkrider
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 70
    I would love to see more DoL classes added to the game. Its one of my favorite aspects is just logging in and relaxing while I get some logs/ore to sell for good gil, or refine with my DoH classes. The problem is everything is already obtainable in one way or another, and adding an new DoL will have unknown effects on the item lists and market place. That being aid, this is my fave idea for such a class and I would love to see it implemented. Heres hoping the put something in the next expansion!
    (0)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2