Player
    Character
    Winter Sandman
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 70

New DoL - Shepard

Grow Livestock for gathering skins, bones, meats etc. Would complete the gathering sets without having to go play whack a Billy Goat for some good goat meat. Just grow billy goats and bring them to the Slaughterhouse (Need a new title since this is a PvP one already). Could have the retainers actually tend to the flock while you go off and play whack a node.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Ferth Fontaine
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 70
    OK, after reading this and thinking how difficult it would be to add a shepherd class to the game it struck me; Make Beast Master the shepherd DoL class. You charm the creature, harvest bits and pieces and then let it go.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Winter Sandman
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Ferth View Post
    OK, after reading this and thinking how difficult it would be to add a shepherd class to the game it struck me; Make Beast Master the shepherd DoL class. You charm the creature, harvest bits and pieces and then let it go.
    I think it depends on what you harvested. Not going to take off a haunch Dhalmel meat and let it go back into the wild. Could just charm the beasts and then harvest things. Could use Perc for HQ still and gathering skill for quantity of an item. If you go up to a Dhalmel you get to choose skin and or meat. Maybe you could do a mix of both but it would cut the quantity in half. So if it grants 4 skins or 4 meat you get 2 of each.

I think the most aggravating thing about just killing for items is the RNG aspect of it. I can get whack a Dhalmel and I may get something or may get nothing and which is why retainers are the best way to go for guaranteed drops. I think this demotivating. Could also just have an instanced plot where the Shepard goes to grow his flock.
    (1)
    Last edited by Wintersandman; 04-04-2018 at 07:39 AM.

Character
    Seraphor Vhinasch
    World
    Zodiark
    Main Class
    Gunbreaker Lv 90
    I think a better option than either of these would be something like a Hunter or Trapper.

Lore-wise, the hunters guild sets up traps around Eorzea to catch creatures for their spoils and meat.

This way you have 'Triggered Traps' just like mining and botany.
    Activating it reveals a slain creature within, and you can harvest meat, skin, bones or whatever else that creature might drop.

Unspoiled Nodes in this case would be live-caught creatures, you can sedate and bind the creature like using appraisal skills, and deliver it live to the trappers guild.
    (5)
    Last edited by Seraphor; 04-06-2018 at 12:33 AM.

Player
    Character
    Taiyo Shikasu
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 80
    Is it really a new idea when this was on the list of things to be implemented in 1.0?

Not that it'd be a bad thing as a means of gathering something like hippogryph skins beyond spamming mobs, trying my luck with a chest in one dungeon or ventures and wishing for the best would be nice.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Winter Sandman
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Seraphor View Post
    I think a better option than either of these would be something like a Hunter or Trapper.
    I agree with this as well
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Maximum Powerful
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 90
    i dunno everything suggested here you can do in game already either yourself or with your DoW/DoM retainer.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Winter Sandman
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by DrWho2010 View Post
    i dunno everything suggested here you can do in game already either yourself or with your DoW/DoM retainer.
    You missed the point.

"I think the most aggravating thing about just killing for items is the RNG aspect of it. I can get whack a Dhalmel and I may get something or may get nothing and which is why retainers are the best way to go for guaranteed drops. I think this demotivating. "

Also not everyone has DoW retainers plus I have to wait for them to return.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Maximum Powerful
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 90
    there are infinite amounts of mobs however. sounds like a lot of sour grapes to me. just my 2 cents
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Winter Sandman
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by DrWho2010 View Post
    there are infinite amounts of mobs however. sounds like a lot of sour grapes to me. just my 2 cents
    There are not an infinite amount of mobs. Go farm gaganaskins for an hour and tell me how you fair. There is one place to get them and there are about 8 mobs and if anyone else happens to be farming them you are twiddling your thumbs. When you compare farming bone/leather/meat to a miner/botanist item the two aren't even comparable. It's not like you need any less leather than you do logs, or ore.

Also you should learn the expression Sour Grapes before using it.
    (0)
    Last edited by Wintersandman; 04-06-2018 at 07:37 AM.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast