Player
    Character
    Zlatan Tarrant
    World
    Famfrit
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 70

DRG Help: anemos weapon or tomestone weapon

I'm stuck. I know that weapon damage and strength are supposed to be better than everything, but the drg weapon has determination and skillspeed while the anemos weapon has a boatload of crit and dhit with 5 meld slots.

I have the Pazuzu feathers for the anemos, and have the mats for the 360 weapon.

Which one do I get? I'm kinda leaning towards the 360 weapon bc eventually it gets upgraded to 370. Help me out!
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Ark Vuilocand
    World
    Famfrit
    Main Class
    Dragoon Lv 80
    you basically answered your question in the first sentence. tome weapon > anemos, until you get the diamond weapon if you plan on finishing o8s. and by the time the anemos gets upgraded (after the grind to get it upgraded), it'll be subpar compared to whatever the current weapon/ilvl is. the relic doesn't become relevant until the very last step.

but i guess it really just boils down to playstyle: i personally wouldn't raid with an anemos but i've seen people that have. and if you don't raid, then go for it! and also if you want the drg relic, get the anemos. i have mine, i just don't use it.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Zlatan Tarrant
    World
    Famfrit
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 70
    To clarify, my static is on early stages of o7s. And yes I thought I answered it myself lol

I guess I'm grasping at straws, wanting it to not just he yet another case of ilvl > all
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Tizzy Tormentor
    World
    Omega
    Main Class
    Machinist Lv 90
    Tragically, the tome weapon is indeed better, Weapon Damage trumps all, so if you are going for serious raiding, you will want it and the upgrade if possible.

On the bright side, the Diamond Spear is god-tier and worth wiping for.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Zlatan Tarrant
    World
    Famfrit
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 70
    Yes that kefka spear looks like the reward for such a terrible 2nd tier weapon
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Cassandra Solidor
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Dragoon Lv 90
    Sadly, unless you're clearing God Kefka anytime soon. I would... very grudgingly buy the tome spear. The moment you get the Diamond Spear, you right click, discord the Sks abomination. It doesn't even deserve to be company seals.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Zlatan Tarrant
    World
    Famfrit
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Bourne_Endeavor View Post
    Sadly, unless you're clearing God Kefka anytime soon. I would... very grudgingly buy the tome spear. The moment you get the Diamond Spear, you right click, discord the Sks abomination. It doesn't even deserve to be company seals.
    Ive playtested it and since im on PS4, the only real metric i have is how fast I can clear dummies.

The difference between how insanely good the Diamond Spear is vs this weapon is obnoxious.

1 has your 2 least preferred, the other has your most preferred in abundance. And to respond, yes my group is getting ready for GK.
    (0)