Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Player
    Character
    Pastahnak Popotonak
    World
    Famfrit
    Main Class
    Fisher Lv 80
    The reason the quest is asking for a protean and not an Anemos crystal is because the game expects you to find a protean first. I remember going out, killing a squiby boi and getting a crystal. Since the hotfix protean crystals are pretty easy to get, I suggest leaving the train for half an hour and soloing something a lvl below or at ur lvl for 20-30minutes.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Xtradiuz Symphony
    World
    Famfrit
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 70
    same here, I'm level 10 now, still don't have a Protean Crystal...
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Alaina Kholka
    World
    Mateus
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 70
    Protip; Getting a 30 chain is a guaranteed Protean Crystal drop. Just a heads up for all you guys who apparently can't get one.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Taryn Holigard
    World
    Jenova
    Main Class
    Dancer Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by HV01 View Post
    so my only recourse here is follow the train until they get to a low level NM and pull as many monsters as I can to the train so the zerg kills them while everyone is synced.
    PSA: Don't do this. Most of the time they'll ignore adds, and it'll cause a wipe. If you miss out on the Protean crystal at the start, just level with the train until about level 16/17. You'll start getting Protean drops while killing mobs to spawn NMs at that point.
    (1)
    I used to be an adventurer, but then my ping increased.

Player
    Character
    Mica Zerrshia
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 90
    On my alt, I solo'd up to lvl 7, chaining mobs my lvl, then started joining pts, and would go in and solo here and there on my own when bored to try and grind out a crystal. Never got a drop so I gave up and just trained it til I got one randomly at lvl 16.

The good thing is the quests are virtually worthless til 17 when you get the mount and are completed super fast. So there is no real need to stay on top of them outside the fact that you will have thousands of boxes to turn in 1 at a time thanks to a poorly thought out design.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Bertina Laurel
    World
    Tonberry
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 70
    Firstly, when I beginning grind in Eureka, I've do solo for fun and get some Protein Drop at Lv.1, somehow I can pass First quest without knowing. But today, when I help my friend to leveling and got this problem is so annoying, I hope be able to vote for remove this crap. =.=
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Pastahnak Popotonak
    World
    Famfrit
    Main Class
    Fisher Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by AoiTsunami View Post
    Firstly, when I beginning grind in Eureka, I've do solo for fun and get some Protein Drop at Lv.1, somehow I can pass First quest without knowing. But today, when I help my friend to leveling and got this problem is so annoying, I hope be able to vote for remove this crap. =.=
    I'm guessing you're well past lvl 1 at this point and your friend is probably also not getting exp from the method u got ur first. The one issue with eureka is there is no party lvl sync to help ur friends lvl which is a bummer. My suggestion is to leave the party and not attack the mobs they are attacking rather heal them when they get low health as I'm 99% sure that doesn't give u credit for attacking the mob. It's a crappy way of doing it but it's the only way I know of to help ur lvl 1 friends.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Bertina Laurel
    World
    Tonberry
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Pastahnak View Post
    I'm guessing you're well past lvl 1 at this point and your friend is probably also not getting exp from the method u got ur first. The one issue with eureka is there is no party lvl sync to help ur friends lvl which is a bummer. My suggestion is to leave the party and not attack the mobs they are attacking rather heal them when they get low health as I'm 99% sure that doesn't give u credit for attacking the mob. It's a crappy way of doing it but it's the only way I know of to help ur lvl 1 friends.
    Yes, I did it. Luckly, we're figured out this soon and stop him at Lv.5, It's still not much trouble.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Maeka Blazewing
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 90
    I would support removing the Protean Crystal requirement to start the quests. I mean, seriously, locking EVERYTHING behind a rare drop is just stupid. Can't get magicite, can't trade anemos crystals in, can't do ANything until you get that rare drop.

It took me until LEVEL 5 to get mine, and I got most of that by grinding on mobs.

And people say "get Chain 30 and it's guaranteed!" like that's an easy thing to get to Chain 30 lol. Two friends and I could barely do chain 20.

And there's no real mechanics reason why everything needs to be locked behind the crystal either, TBH. Removing the requirement wouldn't change much, other than people not getting stuck on the stupid thing.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Rei'mhi Nariya
    World
    Malboro
    Main Class
    Sage Lv 90
    Regardless of everyone talking about the chain drops, The OP has said multiple times that they HAVE been chain killing. After not getting anything they tried to go on the NM train to get one then found out the truth too late. The drop is still rare and some people have trouble maintaining the chain to 30 at level 1-5. I'm only alt right now trying to get my first and after several strings of chains, I'm level 6 and not one crystal has dropped for me wheras on my main, I got it on my 3rd or 4th squib on launch day. It being based on luck and the level of the enemies that will get ridiculously stronger against your measley one whole Magian stack is kind of annoying. Particularly when you want to get a chain party, are shouting for a chain party and there is no one willing to join your chain party because they're AFKing on the NM train. Either axe the protean requirement or make it a 100% drop off your first mob when you have the quest active. Not that hard to adjust.
    (0)

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast