Player
    Character
    Tani Shirai
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Machinist Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Seraphor View Post
    So... why are we getting rid of suffixes again?
    For cosmetics?
    I never suggested we should. I asked if there'd be any point in having the suffixes, from a gear-choice standpoint, if they were differentiated by solely armor class. The rest is your argument, not mine.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Antony Gabbiani
    World
    Faerie
    Main Class
    Monk Lv 90
    With glamour, by choice.
    But until you reach higher levels you're limited to job and type specific gear.
    Iron works and Shire gear for example.
    Higher levels like level 15?

That’s when you can unlock the quest that lets you start glamoring your gear, and a lot of the gear usable by any job is item level 1, so a level 15 character can use them if they want.
    (0)

Character
    Seraphor Vhinasch
    World
    Zodiark
    Main Class
    Gunbreaker Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by wereotter View Post
    Higher levels like level 15?

That’s when you can unlock the quest that lets you start glamoring your gear, and a lot of the gear usable by any job is item level 1, so a level 15 character can use them if they want.
    You have to be the level of the gear to glamour it.

Level 1 gear? Sure, if you want to look like a peasant farmer or you have millions of gil to spend on overpriced fluffy sweaters.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Arlan Knighthold
    World
    Lich
    Main Class
    Black Mage Lv 80
    Frankly I'm surprised they didn't put SAM in maiming.

SAM and DRG are both typically heavy armor wearers in other Final Fantasy games. Their defense should be higher than other DPS because of this.

If there was to be another maiming job, I would expect it to be a DPS that wears heavy armor.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Antony Gabbiani
    World
    Faerie
    Main Class
    Monk Lv 90
    You have to be the level of the gear to glamour it.

Level 1 gear? Sure, if you want to look like a peasant farmer or you have millions of gil to spend on overpriced fluffy sweaters.
    There's a lot of low-level gear that's become pretty cheap considering that they've been added into Palace of the Dead and Eureka. Sure, you don't have the full gamut of all the glamor options, but being lower level doesn't mean you have zero options. Either way, you're not just limited to wearing Ironworks and Shire gear till you're level 70. There's plenty of options even as low as 50.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Makeda Fyah
    World
    Ultros
    Main Class
    Reaper Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Dzian View Post
    To be honest though I've always wished there was more individual gear. And less generic shared gear....
    I'm in the opposite camp there. And wasn't the more individual last expansion and it became less so with Stormblood?

The more 'individual' it becomes, the harder it is to keep up with more than one job. A lot of people want to be able to be flexible as the needs of their group shift. If your static is on 'boss X' that works well with a WAR and PLD, but boss Y works better with a PLD and DRK... do you tell your buddy that plays WAR to go sit out, and pug in a DRK... or does the WAR just hit the button to change jobs and you start the ready check?

(and you can basically substitute out any other combo there as well - different healers, different DPS, etc... I raid in WoW... and we do have moments where somebody "volunteers", or gets "volunteered"... to log out... and sometimes to just log out and then log back in on an alt... A major point of class flexibility here is to prevent that drama... but that only works if it is realistic for people to be also geared in multiple jobs).

As for gear not fitting a class theme... I'm just going to show up in my Coeurl Bikini glamour anyway... and if you want a glamour that looks very 'Paladin' go get it and use it...
    - I'd support the idea of a whole lot of class specific level 1 and 'max level but 0-stat raid dropped' gear, who's only purpose is for glamouring in themes.
    (0)
    Striving for perfection is the path to one's downfall. 'Tis the paradox of the immaculate carrot. | Jah Bless. One God, One Aim, and One Destiny - Marcus Garvey.
    Until the philosophy which holds one race superior and another inferior is finally and permanently discredited and abandoned, everywhere is war - Ras Tafari.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5