Player
    Character
    Lucius Magnus
    World
    Famfrit
    Main Class
    Black Mage Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Shurrikhan View Post
    The question is why, though. Simply bumping potencies does not fix the issues behind the symptoms here.
    Easy, WHM is the BLM of healers... relying mostly on hardcast abilities for healing and damage. AST and SCH have far more oGCD abilities as well as faster cast times. AST potencies also nearly equal (and in some cases surpass) WHM skills of similar style.

Frankly WHM got raped too damn hard with the Role Action skills. Largess, improved Protect, loss of Stoneskin... etc.

Either WHM needs a BIG pDPS potency buff or several of those Role Actions need to go back to WHM only.
    (1)
    Last edited by Numenor1379; 11-14-2018 at 09:18 PM.

Player
    Character
    Shiru Elysia
    World
    Moogle
    Main Class
    Astrologian Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Numenor1379 View Post
    Either WHM needs a BIG pDPS potency buff or several of those Role Actions need to go back to WHM only.
    Considering he had Divine Seal at +30% every 60s compare to largess being +20% every 90s. It was more a less a small nerf to his healing burst while granting sch a small buff to his GCD shields (fey illumination was 20% every 2min)
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Swarley Mcswarlington
    World
    Zalera
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 80
    The question is why, though. Simply bumping potencies does not fix the issues behind the symptoms here.
    I think asking for anything but potency buffs to a class at this point is asking for too much considering we are in that pre-expansion period. So I don't see why not. If people are just asking for whm to be more competitive, and all healers are capable of healing all content, the only thing to really look at is dps. And whm not only is contributing less personal damage in raid content, they also lack the ability to directly buff any class's damage. So that's a pretty underwhelming combination.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Makani Risvertasashi
    World
    Ultros
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    It would be a nice bandaid since we still have a long way to go until the expac, and WHM is hurting pretty bad right now.
    (4)

Player
    Character
    Mansion Viscera
    World
    Louisoix
    Main Class
    Sage Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Numenor1379 View Post
    Easy, WHM is the BLM of healers... relying mostly on hardcast abilities for healing and damage.
    But the game as it is today does not need a BLM healer. There is not sufficient raid damage that would request the presence of a Cure III / 3 Confession stacks Plenary Indulgence in any of the current high end content. We saw an Ultimate Weapon solo healed by an AST, that speaks for itself.
    And even if WHM could be focusing on its own DPS output, AST and SCH would still be above because of their mobility / clipping solutions that WHM lacks. Plus the raid utility.

Being stripped down of Role Actions... same problem. Most fights don't require Esuna, Largesse is not required either (the base healing potencies are more than enough, and if needed external CDs like Mantra, Minne and such will do the work). I'd agree on Protect and Stoneskin though, but it would not be enough raid utility in the current design of raids.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Lilac Blackthorne
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Mansion View Post
    There is not sufficient raid damage that would request the presence of a Cure III
    This is true, unless they make content that actually requires a WHM higher sustained healing it's pointless to have these overkill abilities. I suggest to Nerf & Buff WHM at the same time. Their healing should be brought down in line with the other two healers, maybe they should just entirely remove Cure III. Then they should heavily buff their DPS maybe add a few dots and make Chain stratagem a cross class ability taken from SCH.

The only reason people justify WHM having lower DPS and raid utility is because of their amazing sustained GCD healing. If you remove that reason, it would only be logical to buff them in the areas they need to get picked by raid groups.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Tani Shirai
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Machinist Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Risvertasashi View Post
    It would be a nice bandaid since we still have a long way to go until the expac, and WHM is hurting pretty bad right now.
    I'm not saying it doesn't need potency buffs. My response was purely in response to the person I was... responding to, as per the quote.

White Mage dps does not underperform simply because it lacks damage potency. It clearly doesn't lack potency; it outperforms the other healers on dummies.

As we're not likely to get major changes until the next expansion, I'll agree that potency bumps would be helpful, but if that's -- where as all too often the case with SE -- the improvements end, we're screwed for 5.x too.

Again, though, I'm not against a potency increase; the minimal potency bump from Stone III to Stone IV only arguably even balances out that disgusting animation on the latter.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Sharl Llyntine
    World
    Jenova
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Ftail View Post
    , maybe they should just entirely remove Cure III. .

The only reason people justify WHM having lower DPS and raid utility is because of their amazing sustained GCD healing. If you remove that reason, it would only be logical to buff them in the areas they need to get picked by raid groups.
    I am 100% for this. Or at least make Cure III some kind of massive aoe heal on a CD similar to Star or Indom.
    I'm so tired of WHMs utility and DPS potential being limited because of the idea that Cure III can heal so much, when in fact that amount of healing will never actually be needed, and the one time it could have seen use (Kefka) they pulled aggro so badly it wasn't worth dealing with them.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Mansion Viscera
    World
    Louisoix
    Main Class
    Sage Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Exiled_Tonberry View Post
    I am 100% for this. Or at least make Cure III some kind of massive aoe heal on a CD similar to Star or Indom.
    Technically Plenary is """"supposed"""" to be that equivalent. Hovewer, same as already said ; chaining 3 medicas / Cure III and having the full Plenary not overheal is almost never happening.
    I agree that we should get rid of Cure III, and rework Plenary so that with 3 lillies for instance it would do a big AOE heal. You still have to fix how the lillies work though.

Yet in 5.0 we'll get Cure IV, that heals you and the furthest player for 950 potency. Added effect : puts you on top of the enmity list.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Cassandra Solidor
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Dragoon Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Mansion View Post
    Technically Plenary is """"supposed"""" to be that equivalent. Hovewer, same as already said ; chaining 3 medicas / Cure III and having the full Plenary not overheal is almost never happening.
    I agree that we should get rid of Cure III, and rework Plenary so that with 3 lillies for instance it would do a big AOE heal. You still have to fix how the lillies work though.

Yet in 5.0 we'll get Cure IV, that heals you and the furthest player for 950 potency. Added effect : puts you on top of the enmity list.
    Plenary Indulgence really demonstrates the dev team has little to no idea how we play. There is no scenario whatsoever where you'll get three Confession stacks and still need PI afterwards. Actually, no. There is one scenario. In Ucob, if you only have tank LB2 after killing Nael, a WHM can burst heal enough to make up the difference. Hooray, we've found a percentage so small, there's likely more solo PotD/HoH clears than scenarios where you'd actually want this much raw healing. It's simply a shortsighted design, but also one I worry the dev will maintain. We simply aren't healing enough to warrant what players have at their disposal, which is why WHM looks so decidedly inferior. Neither AST nor SCH rely on GCD healing. This leaves two options, WHM gets an overhaul and moves away from its current design philosophy or the devs try to emphasize healing requirements more.
    (2)

Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 LastLast