Player
    Character
    Shiru Elysia
    World
    Moogle
    Main Class
    Astrologian Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Eloah View Post
    Wow a lot of feed back to my one comment. I'm curious though, and sorry if this sounds pleebish. But what exactly do tou mean by fluid? Now i know what you mean, but I'm a bit confused since every job I've played has felt fluid to me. Is it a PC thing? A keyboard vs controller thing? I'm just curious?
    Not a PC thing.
    It's all about how the GCD and oGCD work.
    When you use instant cast spell, you have to wait until it's ready again (2,5 max and less depending on your Sps/Sks) before using another GCD action. That's the perfect moment to "weave" oGCD, which as it says, have their own Cooldown and can be used in between those small times.
    The more action you can do, the more efficient you will be. Trying to throw as much GCD action as possible, as well as oGCD is what makes the difference.
    When you "clip" your GCD, you "loose" time. Your GCD is ready but is "frozen" by oGCD animations and so, it's delayed.
    Ast has a lot of oGCD. Its entire Card system is. Anytime you to draw, redraw, Spread/MinorArcana/RoyalRoad, you'll loose so many seconds you could have used for the GCD.
    That's why we talk about fluid gameplay.

Currently, what Ast has :

- Combust II (but every 30s).
    - Aspected Benefic = The shield/regen, but can't be relied on because of the high mana cost.
    -Lightspeed = Great for healing, less for dpsing, still need to press another oGCD to get profit of the instant cast.
    - Swifcast = But every 60s and you might want to keep it for other usage.
    (0)
    Last edited by KDSilver; 03-29-2018 at 07:48 AM.

Player
    Character
    Toki Tsuchimi
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by KDSilver View Post
    Not a PC thing.
    It's all about how the GCD and oGCD work.
    When you use instant cast spell, you have to wait until it's ready again (2,5 max and less depending on your Sps/Sks) before using another GCD action. That's the perfect moment to "weave" oGCD, which as it says, have their own Cooldown and can be used in between those small times.
    This doesn't answer my, admittedly vague question, so much as reaffirms what you want the skills to do. I guess a better way to phrase it might be why doesn't it feel fluid to you when it does to me and I'm sure other people?
    (1)
    Last edited by Eloah; 03-29-2018 at 07:50 AM.

Player
    Character
    Winter Sandman
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by loreleidiangelo View Post
    Stella was decent in PVP, I used it a ton.
    I loved Stella in PvP. I would be on Discord with my teammates and I would be yelling STELLLAAAAAAAAAAAA
    (0)

4. 03-29-2018 01:05 PM

Player
    Character
    Verrine Mercer
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Samurai Lv 86
    Quote Originally Posted by Wintersandman View Post
    I loved Stella in PvP. I would be on Discord with my teammates and I would be yelling STELLLAAAAAAAAAAAA

Is this you?
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Lapiz Lazuli
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Eloah View Post
    This doesn't answer my, admittedly vague question, so much as reaffirms what you want the skills to do. I guess a better way to phrase it might be why doesn't it feel fluid to you when it does to me and I'm sure other people?
    Mmmmm. It's a bit hard to describe. I've noticed it a lot more after only playing scholar for a while.
    I think generally what people mean by AST not being really fluid is that it doesn't feel right when you have to hard cast Malefic III or whatever -> card stuff -> Malefic III. On Scholar using oGCDs just feels better/smoother/whatever you want to call it because you can Ruin II -> oGCD stuff -> Broil II. When you use oGCDs after hard casting something it just feels wonky and it feels a little like you've paused what you were doing to do something else (or maybe a bit like trying to slide something in a space it doesn't QUITE fit).

I mean, if you feel that it feels ok, then I guess it's more what you're used to whether you feel it's fluid or not =)

Sorry if this doesn't help. I don't think I'm very good at explaining things ^^;
    (0)
    Last edited by Rinion; 03-30-2018 at 09:56 PM.

Player
    Character
    Toki Tsuchimi
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Rinion View Post
    snip
    No, I get it. It's like you have to stop walking before you start running, and vice versa. Honestly, I main SCH, and while I do play AST a good amount, I might not notice the subtlties of using certain skills in tandum, or I might use the skills in a different order making them feel more fluid to me. Plus I'm not "meta" so I'm not thinking maximization, so much as, enjoyment and survivability. But regardless of how I view it I hope things will feel better in the future.

And before anyone says anything, I have raided before, usually I sub, but I have done it. So it's not like I don't know most fights. This isn't directed at anyone in particular, I just know some people discount my thoughs if they don't view me as a raider.
    (0)
    I like helping people with their Job ideas, it's fun to help them visuallize and create the job they'd like to play most. Plus I make my own too, I'll post them eventually.

Player
    Character
    Winter Gem
    World
    Brynhildr
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 90
    It would be nice if Ast had an Automatic Draw Trait at higher levels. Maybe if you cast Malefic your next card is drawn simultaneously. You could attach the trait to every or any single target spell really but as long as you don't currently have a card it would be nice if they drew themselves. You really can't efficiently use two actions back to back if you have one full second to use two actions that require even brief consideration.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Rubiss Tantegel
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 90
    WHM doesn't have an instant cast.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Squintina Nightgard
    World
    Faerie
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Rubiss View Post
    WHM doesn't have an instant cast.
    WHM doesn't have as many ogcds, and the ones they do have have bigger cooldowns. The primary need for AST to have an instant damage GCD is to make efficient use of their many ogcds, especially card management, without having to clip.

Also WHM's Aero, while mainly thought of as a dot, DOES do damage on hit, so it's a 50 potency damage instant GCD. So a person spamming Aero does add to their damage slightly even if the dot was already up.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Winter Gem
    World
    Brynhildr
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 90
    Break needs to be instant Cast so AST can use it for weaving and since it applies heavy it would be useful for running from disgruntled mobs since you could cast it while running away. I really hope the entire AST kit gets a rework though because I just don't like the way they play. It feels way to similiar to the other healers in both stances. I love Scholar and White Mage but Astro feels like a cheap and boring imitation that's harder to play. I miss all the healing Abilities the other two have. I just feel like Im missing something important on Astro.
    (0)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3