Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Player
    Character
    Biridan Derrard
    World
    Lamia
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 70
    I haven't done much other than see the cutscenes leading to the first raid but would it be possible they would do something with Ivalice? It seems like they could do something with a lot of Arabic themes there.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Ryuji Hinoto
    World
    Tonberry
    Main Class
    Monk Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Biridan View Post
    I haven't done much other than see the cutscenes leading to the first raid but would it be possible they would do something with Ivalice? It seems like they could do something with a lot of Arabic themes there.
    It seems to be pretty restricted to the raid setting, and while it's not impossible they'd use it beyond that, for the most part raid settings haven't been used outside their combat instance.

Any middle eastern references are likely to be relegated to Thavnair, I'd reckon.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Ben Diamond
    World
    Louisoix
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 70
    I feel that EVENTUALLY we will have to go to Sharlayan, but I definitely think that the first place we will go to is Hingashi and the rest of Othard. To really defeat Garlemald, I think that our party needs to literally unite the rest of the world against Garlemald. I also think that a whole expansion could be spent on liberating Garlean dominions and territories.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Mhaeric Llystrom
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Ben_Diamond View Post
    I feel that EVENTUALLY we will have to go to Sharlayan,
    Technically, Sharlayan came to us in the last major patch.
    (3)
    "The person who says that the only way to please them is to restrict options for others is, if you ask me, the one who deserves it least." - David Gaider

Blue Mage confirmed!

Player
    Character
    Aldessa Verdun
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Machinist Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Ben_Diamond View Post
    I feel that EVENTUALLY we will have to go to Sharlayan, but I definitely think that the first place we will go to is Hingashi and the rest of Othard. To really defeat Garlemald, I think that our party needs to literally unite the rest of the world against Garlemald. I also think that a whole expansion could be spent on liberating Garlean dominions and territories.
    Isn't that already a repeat of what Stormblood is? Themes about revolution and the difficulties and complexities of launching them.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Eugene Tracewood
    World
    Midgardsormr
    Main Class
    Monk Lv 70
    Garlemald is the "safe bet" since we only unlocked a small chunk of Far East and it would make sense to start from Kugane and work our way north. It also donned on me that we might get some info at this year's fanfest.

I mean we "could" end up going to the moon next exp. Honestly I'm ready for a trippy, psychedelic overworld.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Sariseaux Mogmont
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Black Mage Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Biridan View Post
    Ivalice seems like it's just going to be tied to the raids. Though if you look at the map for it the location is listed as "???". Maybe it'll show up again if we go to Ilsabard.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Ali Lifesaver
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 70
    If we're heading towards Ilsabard to me makes more sense to release Thavnair first, use it as our first city, then head north to Ilsabard. There have been a lot of Thavnairian references in content and there's that Thavnairian consulate that they added for a reason other than flavour, seeing how NPCs can be interacted with.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Jenna Starsong
    World
    Goblin
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 70
    I've always wondered where the Gardens of Xarakish are.

https://i.imgur.com/IG1FULD.png
    (9)

Player
    Character
    Anony Moose
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Brightamethyst View Post
    I've always wondered where the Gardens of Xarakish are.
    slams [Like] button

I always crack up when people remember this name.

Every time a discussion drifts into "We aren't allowed to this place, or play as that race, or explore that culture, and therefore it's special and now I identify with that over everything actually designed for our use." I crack a joke about "My Xarakish OC". (plz do not steal)
    (0)

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast