Player
    Character
    Kurona Galena
    World
    Famfrit
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 90

SOS button for Eureka

Just wondering about the possibility of introducing an SOS button for anyone that ends up getting K.Oed in Eureka and are not part of a hunt train. I understand that shouting your position is an option, but an SOS sort of alert that automatically marks your location on the map (without using up a flag marker) would be pretty helpful I think.
    (4)

Player
    Character
    Calista Fallon
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Kurope View Post
    Just wondering about the possibility of introducing an SOS button for anyone that ends up getting K.Oed in Eureka and are not part of a hunt train. I understand that shouting your position is an option, but an SOS sort of alert that automatically marks your location on the map (without using up a flag marker) would be pretty helpful I think.
    Getting ppl to go all across a map to rez someone not part of their group is a little self serving. Perhaps if flying was available it might happen. I certainly wouldn't be leaving my xp train or whatever to rez ppl not running with me.
    (0)
    "Fanboy is gaming jargon used to describe an individual that has gone beyond the point of being a PC or console game fan and, during online chats or discussions, shifts to defend the program at all costs, unable to take any criticism or acknowledge any shortcomings of the game or gaming console."

Player
    Character
    Mihn Saruihn
    World
    Malboro
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 80
    I'd like that. Being close to 20, I'm ok running around and ressing people who fell on their way to their quest or missed the NM train be it from lag, disconnecting or just bad luck.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Xixi Eclipse
    World
    Ravana
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 90
    I'd be happy enough with a red dot showing on the map so I know I'm not leaving anyone lying about nearby and not seeing them.
    (4)

Player
    Character
    Calista Fallon
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by XiXiQ View Post
    I'd be happy enough with a red dot showing on the map so I know I'm not leaving anyone lying about nearby and not seeing them.
    Red dot would be super for people close that are running with the group. I just don't want to feel I have to run across the map to rez someone that is soloing and dies and then I miss my own fate.
    (0)
    Last edited by Besame; 03-24-2018 at 08:19 PM.
    "Fanboy is gaming jargon used to describe an individual that has gone beyond the point of being a PC or console game fan and, during online chats or discussions, shifts to defend the program at all costs, unable to take any criticism or acknowledge any shortcomings of the game or gaming console."

Player
    Character
    Cat Sidhe
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 70
    Well, what I typically do is if the NM is probably close to spawning I wait till it does and then smack it for a good 20s, then immediately mount up and travel to the person in need. If the NM *probably* isn't close to popping I just do it as quickly as possible. I don't think I've ever missed a NM when I go to rez a player. It's more a community thing than a mechanic thing anyway, so having this feature isn't a necessity as people will undoubtedly shout that they need a raise. I just wish people took to shouting how much time they have left when they do, would give me and others a more accurate idea of the time frame we have to help them lol
    (1)

Character
    Natti Lockeheart
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 70
    I think that’s a great idea! Let’s help everyone level and I think a flag marker can help. There is time between nm’s so why not have ‘rescue teams’ . This would encourage a rescue squad to come raise people in between spawns if they die en route
    (0)

Character
    Shinigami Zetta
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Dragoon Lv 90
    Kind of what the /shout "text" <pos> are for -.- evenif I'm busy if they say please I will go out of my way to help them ^^/
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Joshy Kokowai
    World
    Mateus
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 70
    i actually like that idea. Or perhaps having the red dots only appears when you are a certain distance (for example: 50 or 100 yalms) so only the people near by can rez you and other people dont have to try to go from one end of the map to another just to get to a red dot! although i dont see why someone would in the first place
    (0)