Player
    Character
    Deo Luminai
    World
    Adamantoise
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Wintersandman View Post
    Umbral is the ice phase(Mana regeneration phase) and due to the rotation you are generally in excess anyways and wouldn't miss the 2.5k when switching to astral.

Also no to BLM Raise. BLM is a turret and likes being a turret and is a turret that eats aoes to continue being a turret because a BLM that isn't a turret is a RDM wanna be.
    Ohh right, I don't know why but my brain went to using during Astral Fire...xD Yea, Umbral makes sense.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Zuzu Belloq
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Black Mage Lv 80
    Stop asking for a raise on a job that wouldn't work around having one.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Sylvaria Molkot
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Black Mage Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by P_Wing View Post
    I'm not sure if this idea is posted elsewhere but I want to make this suggestion more noticeable to forum GMs.

I think current issue of BLM having Raise is:
    1. It doesn't fit with the lore.
    2. BLM Raise = virtually no mana cost. BLM doesn't lose anything with Raise except a GCD (with Swiftcast / Triplecast).
    3. Triple casted Raise = OP!
    4. Doesn't justify BLM having more DPS than SMNs / RDMs.

My suggestion is if you use Foul stack to raise (but with 8s cast time like other caster's raises) it'll solve issue 2.-4.
    2. BLM doesn't lose anything => They will lose a Foul, which means a lot of DPS loss! Maybe even more than MP lost does from SMNs / RDMs.
    3. Triple casted Raise = OP! => You can Raise once every 30s so that's not possible.
    4. Doesn't justify BLM having more DPS than SMNs / RDMs => It'll still justify in the sense that you can only raise once every 30s and you lose a lot of DPS doing so (raising will hurt BLM more than SMNs / RDMs, thus justify more DPS in normal situation).

For the 1., the lore thing could be tricky but I'm sure you can fit this into the lore somehow.

I believe allowing BLM to raise will strengthen casters' identity more (casters = raise) while keeping the BLM identity and not allowing BLM to be OP (huge tradeoff).

What do you guys think?
    And what happens when the healer dies and your Foul stack is 20+ seconds away? Or worse, you fumble your stacks and drop Foul completely? No, a Foul stack is not something that you typically hold on to (or can simply use at any time), so having raise tied to such a mechanic would make it far too functionally limited (and BLM is clunky enough already TYVM).

As for Raise generally; again, no, it's simply a bad idea, and effort would be far better spent on making BLM smoother to play and better able to realise it's current potential (i.e. high DPS) regardless of situation (i.e. without having to memorise a fight back to front).
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Thela Ivora
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 80
    What is this obsession with more jobs having raise, it just does not make any sense lore wise for BLM and frankly we do not need more jobs with raise capabilities. It would make more sense they removed it from SMN & RDM than add it to BLM.
    (0)
    Last edited by Thela; 03-26-2018 at 02:07 PM.

Player
    Character
    Phoenix Wing
    World
    Tonberry
    Main Class
    Black Mage Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Thela View Post
    What is this obsession with more jobs having raise, it just does not make any sense lore wise for BLM and frankly we do not need more jobs with raise capabilities. It would make more sense they removed it from SMN & RDM than add it to BLM.
    I just think that would strengthen caster's role (e.g. caster = raise will be a good point to have caster in party, similar to ranged dps = mana song).
    If we instead remove all raises there'll be no reason to include casters in party comp at all (only specialization is the addle maybe?)
    (1)

Character
    Seraphor Vhinasch
    World
    Zodiark
    Main Class
    Gunbreaker Lv 90
    I actually think a raise should be given to MNK more than anything.

It's lost it's identity to SAM at this point and I don't see them buffing it up to comparable standards any time soon.

Monk classes in other FF games tend to having some basic healing abilities, so this would be a unique way to add utility to MNK.
    Call it Revive, and have it require the MNK to be within 5y of the target.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Ilyrian Silvermoon
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 90
    Wouldn't you rather just cast another Foul?
    Just buff BLM damage through the roof (as it should be) and all these Raise discussions will go away.
    (2)

Character
    Tifa's Soulstone
    World
    Zodiark
    Main Class
    Dancer Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Lambdafish View Post
    That was my point. BLM doesn't have room in its rotation for spending mana or GCDs for anything except damage. However, people saw mana shift when it first came out and thought "omg, BLM infinite mana battery" much in the same way that people are saying "BLM needs a raise", but when you look at either statement with any kind of thought neither statements work in practice.
    well... its not like rdm & smn are happy if someone asks for manashift... they also have to break their rotation - tho saying blm doesn't have room for manashift is a bit selfish... if we consider that manashift at it self should only be used in emergency - and than it doesn't matter which cls use it, cause they all have to deal with losing personal dps while providing mp. "Blm Manabattery" is just a topic cause they have endless mp compared to rdm/smn...
    (1)
    Last edited by Neela; 03-26-2018 at 11:48 PM.

Player
    Character
    Thela Ivora
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 80
    I just think that would strengthen caster's role (e.g. caster = raise will be a good point to have caster in party, similar to ranged dps = mana song).
    If we instead remove all raises there'll be no reason to include casters in party comp at all (only specialization is the addle maybe?)
    There are other types of utility that are not raises they can give casters
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Remedi Maxwell
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    Goldsmith Lv 90
    That's why they should add something that only casters can do if they want to remove raise from it
    (0)

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast