Player
    Character
    Ryobin Moon
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 70

Angry housing fail

SE has done a great job in FFXIV with removing many of these types of frustrating situations found in FFXI but have failed miserably with housing. My wife is now logging in on a regular basis to spam for housing hours on end. We are blocked from a significant amount of content by this and to make matters worse, we lost a house and everything in it the last time we took a break. They could remove a lot of this frustration by showing a countdown timer for private purchase.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Bobs Vegana
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 39
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryoben View Post
    SE has done a great job in FFXIV with removing many of these types of frustrating situations found in FFXI but have failed miserably with housing. My wife is now logging in on a regular basis to spam for housing hours on end. We are blocked from a significant amount of content by this and to make matters worse, we lost a house and everything in it the last time we took a break. They could remove a lot of this frustration by showing a countdown timer for private purchase.
    Amen!! just show the timer. It would resolve the vast majority of the issue. Also, have relocating buyers wait for the timer.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Yui Savage
    World
    Ultros
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by kuraidos View Post
    Amen!! just show the timer. It would resolve the vast majority of the issue. Also, have relocating buyers wait for the timer.
    Not seeing the timer was the point of it in the first place. Players were yelling and screaming about how awful house flippers were and were demanding that SE do something so that we couldn't easily resell houses. If we could see the timer, then someone could pay a relinquish and just come back whenever the time says (assuming the plot wasn't taken by a relocation, which is how they're sold now instead).
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Lanore Evermourne
    World
    Midgardsormr
    Main Class
    Reaper Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Vahlnir View Post
    You shouldn't feel bad. Housing is more of a PvP mode than PvP itself. They had to wait, you had the option not to. No shame in that.
    Well said!
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Ikara Graydancer
    World
    Midgardsormr
    Main Class
    Dancer Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Thief View Post
    2. Try a controller
    It's a lot easier than the mouse, and produces less fatigue. This is personal preference of course but try it out. Also the targeting with a controller is as simple as pressing X to get you right on the placard.

3. Put yourself in /busy status
    This will keep you from receiving unnecessary chatter or tells, or harassing ones from the competition.

4. Hunt in blocks
    This is a big one, try to set a window for hunting of 2-4 hours. Anything more is really taxing and emotionally hard if you don’t get the plot. If you only spend 3 hours hunting, there isn't so much heartache when you lose out as opposed to 10+ hours of wasted time. That will wreck you. Using the timing method above should accommodate this. Since you know which plots have already been available for 8+ hours. If you can, put a movie on or something else to help pass the time.
    Ive been doing step 4 and all that manages to do Is help me realize that housing isnt worth what you have to go through to get one. Spliting my hunting up just makes me want to go back and do something productive in the game. In stead of sitting at a placecard. (No jab at you of course)
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Galbsadi Nailo
    World
    Halicarnassus
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by MizArai View Post
    Not seeing the timer was the point of it in the first place. Players were yelling and screaming about how awful house flippers were and were demanding that SE do something so that we couldn't easily resell houses. If we could see the timer, then someone could pay a relinquish and just come back whenever the time says (assuming the plot wasn't taken by a relocation, which is how they're sold now instead).
    That's...not really true. If we can see the timer and the timer is greater than, say, an hour...reselling is already killed because that's an hour for anybody else (other than the purchaser from the reseller) to get in and be ready to grab.

Simply HAVING the timer fixes that...except it doesn't because of relocation not having a timer.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Yui Savage
    World
    Ultros
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by galbsadi View Post
    That's...not really true. If we can see the timer and the timer is greater than, say, an hour...reselling is already killed because that's an hour for anybody else (other than the purchaser from the reseller) to get in and be ready to grab.

Simply HAVING the timer fixes that...except it doesn't because of relocation not having a timer.
    If you can see the timer, then you can plan on when the plot would become available. So just having a timer wouldn't fix it (especially if it was seen and only an hour or two long as you suggest), because someone could easily walk away, live their life, and just plan on coming back to the plot 5-10 minutes before it was available. Of course, we're still assuming that it wasn't just taken by a relocation, which leads me to this next part. I stand by my original statement.

Quote Originally Posted by Fazraye View Post
    Plots relinquished by owners will be unavailable for purchase for a limited time. The time when the plot becomes available is set at random, and will not be displayed anywhere.
    Yoshida made a point to emphasize that the timer would not show anywhere. It was obviously an important point to him having the timer not visible, so no one could know when the plot would actually become available.

I understand it makes life hard for us now. I didn't want to change from the old system. I saw nothing wrong with being able to walk up to a house and buy it right after it demo'd. It made housing so much easier to acquire. And no matter what people say, a lottery wouldn't be any better than the RNG timer nonsense we currently have.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Serenade Dragonward
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 80
    I understand it makes life hard for us now. I didn't want to change from the old system. I saw nothing wrong with being able to walk up to a house and buy it right after it demo'd. It made housing so much easier to acquire. And no matter what people say, a lottery wouldn't be any better than the RNG timer nonsense we currently have.
    A Lotto wouldn't make it easier to get a house, verse someone else, it would actually make it *harder*. BUT what it would do is eliminate the need to stand outside a house and click on a placard for up to 24 hrs , you could go out, play the game , sleep, do whatever and not have to stand there and click. That is EXTREMELY better. Especially if they did away with relocation being able to bypass the system.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Sarevok Thordin
    World
    Brynhildr
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 90
    One way to make it easier would be to implement a blind bidding system, people can put in as much money as they would like to in order to try and swipe the house, highest bid wins.

It has the bonus effect of removing a *TON* of gil from the game.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    King Canadane
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarevok_Thordin View Post
    One way to make it easier would be to implement a blind bidding system, people can put in as much money as they would like to in order to try and swipe the house, highest bid wins.

It has the bonus effect of removing a *TON* of gil from the game.
    It'd only make RMT worse. They're not the best at stopping that already...
    (5)

http://king.canadane.com

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast